Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 22-09-2011, 10:59 AM

Here's a few shots from our visit to Edelbrock.
It is an intersting tour as they take you through the Torrance facility to show you some of the manufacturing processes.
We were also shown where they build crate motors, do engine dyno testing, chassis dyno, where they maintain some of the historic race cars and the "museum", also known as "Vic's Garage"
Thanks to "Smitty" for showing us around

This was our last day in the US so it was a good way to wrap up the trip

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Here's some shots from "Vic's garage", every car in here is ready to be started and driven.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars

Last edited by Nev68; 19-01-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 22-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Name: Kev
Thanks Nev, for the guided tour through the US, I am so jealous, each day I have been waiting in anticipation of the next installment of pics.
Now I guess I can finally go outside and catch some vitamin 'D'. Kev.
Old 22-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Name: Rowan
Well done Nev, have looked forward to your updates each day!
Its sad you are back home again, no more new pics.
The Edelbrock facility looked awsome, would luv to see those orginal race cars up close.

Rowan
Old 22-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Name: Raymond
Send a message via ICQ to *rayman* Send a message via MSN to *rayman*
Quote:
Here's a few shots from our visit to Edelbrock.
It is an intersting tour as they take you through the Torrance facility to show you some of the manufacturing processes.
We were also shown where they build crate motors, do engine dyno testing, chassis dyno, where they maintain some of the historic race cars and the "museum", also known as "Vic's Garage"
What'd you think of the area they build their crate motors in? Is it organised, and seem like a reliable place to buy a motor from?

You hear a lot of stories about mismatched components in crate motors, dodgy assembly, crate motors being made in mexico with cheap labour, marine crate versions being made to lower quality standards etc.

Interesting to hear your thoughts after seeing edelbrock building theirs. What sort of engine turnover did they say they produce on the tour? Only looks like a small assembly area.

Foose almost always uses edelbrock crates in their series of overhaulin...
Old 22-09-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder View Post
Thanks Nev, for the guided tour through the US, I am so jealous, each day I have been waiting in anticipation of the next installment of pics.
Now I guess I can finally go outside and catch some vitamin 'D'. Kev.
Glad you liked the pix Kev.
I would love to do another trip but I need to go back to work for a while.
Sorry it was only 7 weeks.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by L88racer View Post
Well done Nev, have looked forward to your updates each day!
Its sad you are back home again, no more new pics.
The Edelbrock facility looked awsome, would luv to see those orginal race cars up close.

Rowan
Thanks Rowan.
The race cars were very good.
The paint was excellent and they were immaculate inside as well.
Most of the blokes we spoke with had a real passion for cars and eeryone really seemed to enjoy working for Edelbrock.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *rayman* View Post
What'd you think of the area they build their crate motors in? Is it organised, and seem like a reliable place to buy a motor from?

You hear a lot of stories about mismatched components in crate motors, dodgy assembly, crate motors being made in mexico with cheap labour, marine crate versions being made to lower quality standards etc.

Interesting to hear your thoughts after seeing edelbrock building theirs. What sort of engine turnover did they say they produce on the tour? Only looks like a small assembly area.

Foose almost always uses edelbrock crates in their series of overhaulin...
The engine building area was very clean (but you would expect that), and yes it was quite small in comparison to the rest of the facility but definitely not cramped.
We spent a little bit of time talking to the 2 blokes you see in the photo that were building the big block chev donks and we saw the incoming goods inspection area.
They have good QA processes in place.
I don't remember exactly how many motors they build each year.
They do pride themselves on using US made parts and the parts we saw seemed to back up what we were told.
After seeing the facility and the processes I would at least consider Edelbrock but I do not have any first hand experience with there crate motors.

Old 19-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Old post but I thought I'd try the Photobucket work around in Post #91

Thanks Darren (69Javelinman)