Go Back   US MUSCLE Ľ US Muscle Forum Ľ General Discussion
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Roadster Roadster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 132
Name: nick
SBC Headers for 67 Camaro

Looking at purchasing a set of headers for my 67 Camaro that I am building. The car will be left hand drive and Has air conditioning and power steering
The engine will be super charged and will make about 600hp to the rear wheels.
Has anybody got some recommendations on suitable headers that will compliment the horsepower without hitting everything in the engine bay

Last edited by Roadster; 02-05-2018 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote


Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
  #2  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Shan Shan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: VIC
Posts: 57
Went through this recently.

For a project like that - I would recommend you get them custom built mate. Its the only way you are gonna know they will fit and have the right clearances.

Anything else is gamble.

Getting custom extractors ONLY - looking upwards of $1600+, then you gotta get them coated (Jethot or other coating $400+). Adds up.

A lot of the extractors from the USA are getting welded inside the header flange. So the weld bead is on the face where the headers bolt to the heads. Lot's of peeps have issues with gaskets blowing out every 12 months or so.

So if you are buying USA made - do your research.

Varied opinions about full length v's mid-length or shorties as well.

Full length you will likely find them hanging low - which then effects options for you if you want to lower the car.

In the end, I bought some Patriot Clippster mid-length for my mild 350 to ensure proper clearances under car. Researched the crap out of it, plenty of comments saying perfect fit on same vehicle config. Even then on mine - passenger side is a bit too close for the firewall and one of my spark plug leads touches pipe on one plug. They do fit though....just not as good as I hoped.

Manufactured headers and fitment = rolling the dice. Every car is different.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2018, 04:48 PM
HQGUY HQGUY is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 883
Name: Damon
These two shops are local and have been used by some USM guys for making exhaust systems.
Prestige Exhaust & Muffler, 59 Holder Way , Malaga PH:92091559
and
Andy's Exhaust Werx's ,Unit 3/ 101 President street (Harris St), Carlisle
PH: 0439995123
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Nev68's Avatar
Nev68 Nev68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Looking at purchasing a set of headers for my 67 Camaro that I am building. The car will be left hand drive and Has air conditioning and power steering
The engine will be super charged and will make about 600hp to the rear wheels.
Has anybody got some recommendations on suitable headers that will compliment the horsepower without hitting everything in the engine bay
Since it is LH drive you could try one of the US Camaro specific forums, someone is bound to have a blown small block in a first gen Camaro.
__________________
Nev

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-06-2018, 12:39 AM
Roadster Roadster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 132
Name: nick
Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQGUY View Post
These two shops are local and have been used by some USM guys for making exhaust systems.
Prestige Exhaust & Muffler, 59 Holder Way , Malaga PH:92091559
and
Andy's Exhaust Werx's ,Unit 3/ 101 President street (Harris St), Carlisle
PH: 0439995123
Thanks for your advice
Iíll give Andy a call

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post
Since it is LH drive you could try one of the US Camaro specific forums, someone is bound to have a blown small block in a first gen Camaro.
Thanks
Iíll give it a try
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Roadster Roadster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 132
Name: nick
Headers

Thanks for your advise. Iíll do a bit more research



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Went through this recently.

For a project like that - I would recommend you get them custom built mate. Its the only way you are gonna know they will fit and have the right clearances.

Anything else is gamble.

Getting custom extractors ONLY - looking upwards of $1600+, then you gotta get them coated (Jethot or other coating $400+). Adds up.

A lot of the extractors from the USA are getting welded inside the header flange. So the weld bead is on the face where the headers bolt to the heads. Lot's of peeps have issues with gaskets blowing out every 12 months or so.

So if you are buying USA made - do your research.

Varied opinions about full length v's mid-length or shorties as well.

Full length you will likely find them hanging low - which then effects options for you if you want to lower the car.

In the end, I bought some Patriot Clippster mid-length for my mild 350 to ensure proper clearances under car. Researched the crap out of it, plenty of comments saying perfect fit on same vehicle config. Even then on mine - passenger side is a bit too close for the firewall and one of my spark plug leads touches pipe on one plug. They do fit though....just not as good as I hoped.

Manufactured headers and fitment = rolling the dice. Every car is different.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-08-2018, 05:04 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 3,993
Name: Jim
Dan Lemon.

http://lemonsheaders.com/products/sbpt-200.htm

SBPT-200A version can be made for factory AC.
__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.

Last edited by rodent; 04-08-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2018, 02:50 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 3,993
Name: Jim
Clearance pic.

Lemons with a 4" collector reduced to 3", I have 4 1/2" clearance from V-band to ground.




__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.

Last edited by rodent; 05-08-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Angry's Avatar
Angry Angry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Riverina NSW
Posts: 1,161
Name: Alan
I run Dougs 386 Headers on mine....theyre 1 7/8th, ..have good clearance n dont hit anything,...

.theyre specific for Edelbrock E Street heads cause they have 1/4" raised ports....mine went 600hp on the dyno with em....

Got em off Summit for $500/$600 USD...form memory look em up ,....it will depend on your heads
__________________
Al

1969 Camaro Z28 TUF69Z
1964 F100 SWB 64 EFFY

AAA-Photography.smugmug.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger