Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21-12-2018, 10:52 AM

Name: Chris
Enthusiast Insurance

Been talking with these guys for a few weeks now. Very very impressed.

I'm about to move all my cars over to them.

Agreed value increased, cost to me, less than half of what I was paying.

Shannons have refused to increase the insured value of my Camaro for the last 6 years. Point blank refused. But increased my premium every year.

Enthusiast agreed to increase it by 25% (insured value) and my premium for both cars is less than half of what I was paying with Shannons.

Obviously have not yet had to make a claim, but in 6 years with Shannons I never made a claim on either car either.

As said so far I have been very very impressed with their personal approach and engagement.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 21-12-2018, 06:24 PM

Name: Jim
I took a quick look at their website and clicked on "quick quote", it seems the phuckers don't know what a Nova/Chevy II is................next

I'm in the same boat Chris, I need to get mine increased also. Mine has been insured for the same amount for the last 10+ years and it needs to be increased. Over the break I'm going to try to get it to an event that Shannons are at so they can view it.

I'm not looking to have it insured for every nickel I've pumped into it but they need to be reasonable.

If they won't come to the party I'll consider seriously looking elsewhere.
Old 21-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Name: Geoff
I have been with Enthusiast for a few years now. No complaints. Shannon's was always more expensive.

Someone has to pay for all those Shannon ads......
Old 21-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff 4 View Post
I have been with Enthusiast for a few years now. No complaints. Shannon's was always more expensive.

Someone has to pay for all those Shannon ads......
Were you with Shannon before Enthusiast? For comparison sake, have you made a claim with either?

Regardless of cost Shannon has a pretty good name(I've been with them for 25 years+), "cheaper" doesn't always mean "better".
Old 22-12-2018, 10:05 AM

Good to know. Trying to increase the SS’s insured amount and they pretty much are making it impossible.
Old 22-12-2018, 07:22 PM

Rodent,

I did have my car insured with Shannons when they first came on the market. Back then, there not many companies insuring vintage cars.

Companies like Enthusiast & Rino do not have the overheads that Shannons have.

Same sort of options as Shannons, keep the wreck in the event of a write off etc.
Old 23-12-2018, 01:05 PM

^^^^^Thanks.
Old 23-12-2018, 08:45 PM

Jim. Shannon’s looked at mine 3 times in 6 years. Every time they said same thing. It’s custom. Custom cars don’t increase in value and as such wouldn’t change the insured value. In that 6 years my premiums have almost doubled. Never had to make claim.

Don’t use enthusiast website. It sucks. Just email them. Give them as much info as you can. So far I’m really pleased I switched. Hope it stays that way. My saving is almost $2k a year for both cars
Old 24-12-2018, 06:54 PM

I am old fashioned, so with things like insurance I ring the company, do not sign up online. When the premium is due I just phone & give my credit card details & the receipt & renewal is then emailed to me.
Old 17-01-2019, 05:05 PM

Before I cancel shannons I just wanted to know if there was any updates with enthusiast, e.g anyone claimed with no problems. I just checked online and they are 1/3 the price of shannons for me.
Old 18-01-2019, 08:29 AM

Name: Frank
Will Enthusiast also insure your daily ?

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 18-01-2019, 11:25 AM

if it's classic yes...they insured mine.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff 4 View Post
I am old fashioned, so with things like insurance I ring the company, do not sign up online. When the premium is due I just phone & give my credit card details & the receipt & renewal is then emailed to me.
Geoff, all my dialogue with Enthusiast was on the phone other than completing forms etc which was all over email. I'm like you I want to speak with someone
Old 18-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Name: Deano
Who backs them? Nice being cheaper & covering higher value, but what is there to say they won't fold / vanish with your coin? Can't see anything on their website how long been around etc. Their FB page active 18mths.

I'm not implying they are sketchy, just looking for any substantiation that they aren't As I'm keen to try them given Shannons also wanting an inspection to increase my value.
Old 18-01-2019, 03:13 PM

and that inspection, I was told, bring it to Sheparton and we'll look at it. I said sure give me petrol money and I will.

Re Enthusiast and who are they backed by, here's the answer I got when I asked the same question

Enthusiast - underwritten by Assetinsure Pty Ltd www.assetinsure.com.au - who are general insurers licensed in Australia by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority [APRA], supported by the combined financial strength of global reinsurers at Germany.

Financial Claims Scheme
The insurer of this policy, Assetinsure Pty Ltd is a general insurer authorised to carry on insurance business in Australia and this policy is a ‘protected policy’ as defined under the Insurance Act 1973 (the Act). This means, by law, if that insurer becomes insolvent, you are entitled to payment under the Financial Claims Scheme that is available under the Act. The Act is administered by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and further information about the scheme can be obtained from the APRA website at www.apra.gov.au or on the APRA hotline on 13000 55 88 49.
Old 18-01-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW454 View Post
Who backs them? Nice being cheaper & covering higher value, but what is there to say they won't fold / vanish with your coin? Can't see anything on their website how long been around etc. Their FB page active 18mths.

I'm not implying they are sketchy, just looking for any substantiation that they aren't As I'm keen to try them given Shannons also wanting an inspection to increase my value.
They told me I could send in some pics and receipts and they'd look at it, I'd rather they viewed it as would like to have mine increased substantially.

I'm just gonna wait till they're at a car show near me and they can view it there, that's after I repair the second clutch I've blown in recent times