Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 22-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Name: Jim
rodent's new engine build

Got motivated today and bought some gear to kick of my new engine build(see pic below)
It's obvious I need a few more bits, but how much power do you think I can make with these badboys

Maybe I'll start a build thread? Thinking next month I'll buy me some welsh plugs, do you guys reckon I should go steel or brass?
Seeing how my purchase of welsh plugs are a month away, lets spend the next month debating the 2 types and their thermal conductivity strengths and weaknesses and which ones could ultimately get me more power

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 22-06-2013, 04:52 PM

I reckon you could get 30 pages out of an indepth argument like that jim
Old 22-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Name: Ash
Jim, I reckon you should spend at least 3 weeks driving past the parts store to make sure they are still there. Then you should go in and offer them 2/3 the price they want for them.

Back on topic, the front tyres on the Camaro were badly cambered in, I spent some time this arvo putting some shims in and getting more tyre on the road, might take the wife and kids for a run tomorrow, the car is running pretty sweet right now.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Name: Allan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Got motivated today and bought some gear to kick of my new engine build(see pic below)
It's obvious I need a few more bits, but how much power do you think I can make with these badboys

Maybe I'll start a build thread? Thinking next month I'll buy me some welsh plugs, do you guys reckon I should go steel or brass?
Seeing how my purchase of welsh plugs are a month away, lets spend the next month debating the 2 types and their thermal conductivity strengths and weaknesses and which ones could ultimately get me more power

jim you have to have a budget we can knock
Old 22-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You could tell us about how you keep walking past them checking out the price

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 22-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Name: shane
Quote:

just another Jimmy Baker
Old 21-07-2013, 09:38 AM

One more nail in the coffin of this buildup Went out yesterday to see about getting me some welsh plugs and a cam plug but together they were just too much
I did try to negotiate price with the guy(i did 5-6 walks in and out of the shop)but he just wouldn't budge .......I may go back next week with a false mustache and give him a verbal working over again

So after all the talking I walked out with a cam plug
What are your thought on this one I looked at 5 different ones which were different colours and I debated with the guy for an hour on the effects of the colour vs the performance and what effects the raised area in the middle would have, and should I have it cnc'd off.

Hopefully when I save up some more coin in the next month or 2 I should be able to purchase the whole set....or at least half

This build is really coming together care to take a guess at HP and TQ this puppy will make

Old 21-07-2013, 10:20 AM

Name: gary
if you save a bit longer you could really lash out and get brass welsh plugs over steel.plus the brass really blends with chevy orange spray can paint
Old 21-07-2013, 10:23 AM

I'll keep that in mind thanks Gary

Gonna be a while though I am trying to sell my Alice Copper comic collection without much luck Been negotiating with a guy for months but he just doesn't want to come to the party with the sort of coin I'm looking for

I may just have to wait until i get paid for my paper route money next month
Old 21-07-2013, 10:39 AM

Jim,really excited about this build as you know we all like photos so if you get a chance can we have one of the other side of that bad boy,thanks heaps cant wait
Old 21-07-2013, 10:51 AM

Maybe later today Gary

I took around 20 pics of both sides, I'll have to see which of the 10 look the best to me,the next door neighbour and the kid down the street......once we can all come to an agreement then I'll post it up
Old 21-07-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYC 427 View Post
Jim,really excited about this build as you know we all like photos so if you get a chance can we have one of the other side of that bad boy,thanks heaps cant wait
...and while you are flipping over the welch plugs can we see the other side of the gaskets?
I need to get a better idea of the build.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 21-07-2013, 11:01 AM

that plug is too nice to leave in the shed I hope it goes straight to the pool room for everyone to appreciate
Old 21-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Name: Ash
Look, the alice cooper comic book collection will need to tidied up and catalogued before you can get a reasonable price for them.

While you spend a ridiculous amount of time tidying and cataloging and commenting on said tidying and cataloging, you should totally put a wanted ad on gumtree for a set of welsh plugs. That way you can make some new contacts to stalk, annoy and lowball as you regress through your build.

Last edited by BLU367; 21-07-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 21-07-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU367 View Post
Look, the alice cooper comic book collection will need to tidied up and catalogued before you can get a reasonable price for them.

While you spend a ridiculous amount of time tidying and cataloging and commenting on said tidying and cataloging, you should totally put a wanted ad on gumtree for a set of welsh plugs. That way you can make some new contacts to stalk, annoy and lowball as you regress through your build.
Sounds like a plan Welsh plug wise Ash
How long do you think I should spend cataloging my comic though I didn't want my collection getting too out of control(you know how particular I am)so I only bought one.
I should probably give the guy a call who was interested in it and see if he's going to budge I did call him 7 times yesterday and 4 this morning.....one more time shouldn't hurt Hopefully he'll budge off $19.80 and give me the $20 that I'm after

PS: Will get back with reverse pics of the gear later.