Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Importing to Australia
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Name: Mcgee
Front Subframe importation

hey guys.

I'm about to get organised and pull the pin on a Subframe for my 67 Cam. Any one have any knowledge on getting one into OZ. Or done one personally, best guys to deal with it, review in there own Subframe. I'm thinking speedtech matched with a set of there headers but not set in concrete yet. main question is who with amd how.

Any help appreciated

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Name: Chris
I bought and imported an AME frame in 2009. Easy pesy. I just used the same guys I used to import the car. They don't import anymore. But any importer who brings in cars can bring one in. You could even have it DHL, UPS etc, but it would be expensive. Importers will use containers. I just bought in a rear bumper for my 61 Buick 2 months ago. That came in DHL and customs held it up to process and slug me tax etc. It took about 5 weeks to get here and through. But either way the process is pretty easy. You will pay GST on arrival.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 PM

So are there any agents in OZ to deal with for the Subframe these days. Or just deal with US. Anyone have any plugs on who they have used in OZ. idea on price etc
Old 05-09-2019, 01:18 PM

Name: Justin
I have found nobody in oz other than the usual suspects like Pontiworld etc. You could contact Jay at Speedtech and their gear is top notch plus Jay is originally from the Gold Coast. They have organized me 2 crates landed in brisbane and it all went through no problem. They also organised gear from 3rd parties. 6 years in I'm still opening boxes There is also a speedtech supplier in Perth - http://www.awolprotouring.com.au/
Old 05-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Name: Damon
Yep USM member Justin (Stealth69) is involved with awolprotouing.com.au he is bound to be able to help you out.
Old 19-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Name: Chris
Speedtech maybe producing a RHD version of their xtreme subframe, food for thought.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:34 AM

OK guys. That's sounds better. Good to know about Jays roots as well which gives me more confidence. I will definitely be looking into this as a priority.

Smitty71rs.. Eeeeekkkkk... RHD... Not for me mate. I don't see the point in a US muscle car converted to right hook.. But each to there own I guess

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

OK guys. That's sounds better. Good to know about Jays roots as well which gives me more confidence. I will definitely be looking into this as a priority.

Smitty71rs.. Eeeeekkkkk... RHD... Not for me mate. I don't see the point in a US muscle car converted to right hook.. But each to there own I guess
Old 15-10-2019, 07:53 PM

Any one running a Heidts pro g ?
I ask this cause I can source one locally with less fuss and pretty much half the price of a speedtech one. Plus it comes with brakes. Clearly the difference in quality you can see but to how much that will come intocplay for my use I doubt the dollar difference is worth it.