Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16-10-2017, 09:32 AM

New Mustangs?

Am I the only who's getting sick of seeing these new mustangs everywhere around every corner?

I agree, they look great and make some serious power but when I can go to a mixed car show, and I see seven of them parked... not cool at all.

Don't even get me started on custom plates with PONY something on it

No offence to any new mustang owner out there , but when I look at guys driving them, I cannot help but to think what a wanker.

Bought a new car , thinks he is a car nut now..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 16-10-2017, 10:28 AM

Name: Deano
Are they at car shows? Yeah, seems a bit odd for a stock, Oz-delivered car of any kind going to a show. If it's modified off it's t!ts, then that's another story

I was thinking similar as definitely see plenty of them on the road, but I guess that's because we notice them. Probably see 10-times more 7-series BMWs or Range Rovers, but they don't get our attention.

As for the drivers, as you say, they are a great package and good value so can't blame somebody for buying one over a high-spec Camry or whatever. I don't see them as ownership necessarily means 'instant car nut' though.. unless they do the car show thing in stock trim, then different story . PS - My only loathing is the factory black multi-spoke wheels. Don't do the lines of the car justice.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Name: Darren
No different to when PT Cruisers invaded car shows.
Old 16-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Yeah, every man and his dog has one around my area, and most seem to be driven by Asians or Indians.
Old 16-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Starting to run out of options if you want a reasonably affordable rear drive V8 car. Right hand drive of the Chrysler 300 is apparently finished, so the mustang is pretty much all you will be able to get when current stocks of the others run out.
Old 16-10-2017, 05:58 PM

Name: Raymond
Send a message via ICQ to *rayman* Send a message via MSN to *rayman*
Plenty of them up here in North QLD too.

They will be the donor cars for the ford boys in years to come. Like commodore provided LS's for the early holdens. What will the holden boys do now the last commodore rolls off the line?
Old 16-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Rayman - what will Holden boys do? Well, just stick a bigger Chevy badge on it and off you go hehe
Old 16-10-2017, 07:16 PM

Name: Geoff
Yeah, seeing a lot of them here. Even parked in the street like a Toyota!

I am not a Ford fan, but I have always like the Mustang shape, & to Ford's great credit, you can see the 'heritage' of the current Mustang if you have seen the first generation Mustangs.

Compare the Mustangs with the 2nd generation GTOs, just another jelly bean shaped car, a re-badged Holden. No wonder they didn't sell!
Old 16-10-2017, 10:59 PM

At least Ford have given V8 buyers the option.

Useless GM again left behind just like in 1964 when the Mustang was released.

Holden cried to GM US this year to get the Camaro here ASAP instead of waiting for the next generation Camaro which will be built in RHD form also in 2021 due to the number of Mustangs being sold.

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/17...-for-australia

GM wanted to see how the Mustang would sell and see if the numbers would decline once the first lot had sold. They didn't think the orders would increase. But numbers have boomed and GM have been left on the back foot.

So from next year you can buy a chopped up converted Camaro for $20000 more than the Mustang price and around 1000 of them to be sold compared to 10,000 Mustangs so far this year.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...e68e752d17bef8

Silly GM for sitting back yet again. Yet again the Mustang jumps ahead just like in 1964 and 10 years ago.

Im a GM man and yet again it puzzles me who makes the decisions.

Last edited by chevelle; 17-10-2017 at 02:43 AM..
Old 17-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Does make some sense for GM to bring in the Camaro via HSV, there will be plenty of buys happy to cough up the extra coin.

Have to laugh at the bit about us getting the Charger and Challenger given that Chrysler has apparently stopped producing all RHD products. Will they be back with the next generation models, I doubt it and there is a good chance the Hemi will be axed by then anyway.

I would like to see some full size SUVs make it down here, not that I will be able to afford one.
Old 17-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Name: Geoff
And maybe GM will join the rest of the world...& go to OHV cams instead of trying to make pushrods stiffer....40 years late, but better late than never!!
Old 17-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Name: Dave
Plenty of them down here as well.
Old 17-10-2017, 11:03 PM

Name: Peter
Initial interest waning? This Gold Coast dealer has four sitting on the showroom floor... http://www.sunshineford.com.au/new-f.../list/mustang/
Old 18-10-2017, 06:55 AM

When you see the new corvette it makes the mustang look like a family falcon . Ford better hope they don’t bring them over and make them a similar price. I like the mustang but they have lost a bit of appeal to me now. As for the show thing, no different to the myriad of hsv owners that change the wheels and put them in car shows.
Old 18-10-2017, 01:51 PM

Name: Pete
Not want to start a war or anything BUT Mustangs are Bums everyone as one