Go Back   US MUSCLE Regional Events Western Australia
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 AM

Name: Justin
Cool ApocaLaps 2016 events

Hey gang,

Just thought i'd throw out a lil update on what's happening with all thing ApocaLaps for 2016.

So, RAC DTEC no longer support our style of event so we've been forced to seek new venues
(We were told that whilst we were borderline ok, pressure from other clubs/racing groups - mainly drifters - has pushed them to no longer cater for such a large event)

But .. we now have two new options locked in, and we're kinda excited - each venue has it's own hurdles but will offer a pretty cool 2 event series for the year ... to find our ultimate pro touring muscle car

Oh, and there'll be dedicated race classes this time, with priority given to muscle cars .. the Targa boys can have their own level, since they're not really street legal muscle (chuckles: street legal )
And the Four Horsemen of the ApocaLaps awards will reflect on our street registered muscle/classics, since that's what we're all about

Perth Motorplex June 5
This will allow us to run our usual custom autocross track - might loosen it up a lil for this next one
(should be able to set up a pretty decent single track in the staging areas without being too scary close to anything)
+ the use of the 1/4 mile for the majority of the day = as many runs as we can squeeze in
We will cap entries too so that there's plenty of action for those on the tarmac
Also looking to add a show n shine aspect to the event, if we get enough interest (possibly even judged)
A performance swap meet - to flog off those race/classic bargains (No crap stuff but)
A sellers alley - for those wanting to display their car for sale in a cool environment

Barbargallo Raceway Sept 25
BOOM!
Time to see how all those pro-touring mods actually pan out
Again, we will have a custom autocross circuit on the infield + the actual main race circuit too - and will run all simultaneously so we can get heaps of runs in
Again we'll have a show n shine / performance swapmeet / sellers alley etc
Have been told we can use the pitlane garages too, for that VIP feel, but at extra $$
We'll be reviewing all the possible options long before the event so we can provide the best possible day we can

I'm sure there'll be many updates along the way (provided work stops making me do my job ) haha

Also, Forged mag seemed keen to be involved and tag along to shoot some pics - so can hopefully spread the love - but we will watch this space

Thought I better drop this on the forum for those with nearly completed builds

Justin

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:51 AM

Name: Denton
Looks great Justin, Just checked my roster and not so great...maybe 2017.Doh!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:34 AM

Name: Tom
Good stuff Justin.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll be a an entrant or just a volunteer, but either way count me in.

Good to see this going from strength to strength.

Still trying to deal with the dilemma of not being able to stare at my car while driving it.
Better to build to a budget than not at all.
Youtube Channel: Shift Happens
Instagram: Shift Happens
Old 10-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booah View Post
Looks great Justin, Just checked my roster and not so great...maybe 2017.Doh!
Buggar .. hopefully we can squeeze in a tuning day / cruise somewhere in between .. see what we can do

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Good stuff Justin.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll be a an entrant or just a volunteer, but either way count me in.

Good to see this going from strength to strength.
Love your support Tom,

we're hoping to be able to provide a volunteer pack for the diehard, as an incentive to help out
Old 10-03-2016, 03:29 PM

Name: Nathan
Both of these events sound awesome Justin. Hoping to have a certain grey Camaro ready. Just under three months to sort interior and get licensed. No pressure!
Old 10-03-2016, 03:35 PM

Name: Darren
Bit of a shame about the RAC track situation. Have you looked at their clubsprint series, might be an opportunity for those who want to play.

You might want to look at something like the triple treat layouts at the Motorplex, there is not really enough room in the staging lanes themselves to do much, we tried that with the Charger Club last year, you can basically have a witches hat at either end and do figure eights.

Barbargallo should be a good thing, would love the opportunity to get a few laps in up there.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Name: Sean
pretty excited for more events. Good work Justin/Matt for getting 2 new venues sorted! I'm sure that took more effort than we can imagine.

I'm particularly excited and also slightly scared of going to Barbagello, even though i've driven it at Powercruise.
Maybe you can include a dirt oval track challenge at the Motorplex to really mix it up?

anyway, I'm off to do some online brake shopping seeing as though i set mine on fire at the short RAC track
Old 10-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Name: Tom
Good to hear you're still running Sean. I thought you may have started the rust hunt you mentioned.

I think I need to shop for some brakes too. I've seen a video on what happens when a C-Clip break. -cringe-

Anyone got a 144 blower I can borrow in June and Sept?

Still trying to deal with the dilemma of not being able to stare at my car while driving it.
Better to build to a budget than not at all.
Youtube Channel: Shift Happens
Instagram: Shift Happens
Old 10-03-2016, 08:39 PM

Name: Kevin
Can we combine drag times and Autocross times
Old 10-03-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanj View Post
pretty excited for more events. Good work Justin/Matt for getting 2 new venues sorted! I'm sure that took more effort than we can imagine.

I'm particularly excited and also slightly scared of going to Barbagello, even though i've driven it at Powercruise.
Maybe you can include a dirt oval track challenge at the Motorplex to really mix it up?

anyway, I'm off to do some online brake shopping seeing as though i set mine on fire at the short RAC track
I hear ya regarding brakes, I had more smoke from the front than the back

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMBO View Post
Can we combine drag times and Autocross times
There'll be a transparent points system that'll incorporate both disciplines

Like penalties for knocking down cones or missing turns on the AutoX

Pretty keen on a grudge racing lights out style for the 1/4
(unless I line up against you Kev, or Marty, actually there's quite a few cars that'd make me nervous ) still open to suggestion here
Old 10-03-2016, 10:40 PM

Name: Marty
About time someone introduced lights out grudge racing to the motorplex, count me in. Looking forward to having some Apocolaps fun at these new venues.

Old 20-03-2016, 05:08 PM

Name: Adam
Its good we have been pushed out of RAC, much better tracks else where, barbagello is the bomb, done quite a few track days so far and its been ripper, absolutely belted the **** out of the camaro and its been good.
Only running Baer 6p fronts and stock drums and it performed fine
Even gave it a go drifting but the dodgy leaf springs said NO! haha

anyways good work Justin!!

EDIT* Collie raceway is a goodun too!
Baer 6P

Last edited by aussie69camaro; 20-03-2016 at 07:34 PM..
Old 25-03-2016, 04:15 PM

Name: Sean
if there was one issue with any of the previous Apocalaps events, it's that were wasn't enough smack-talk.

I'll move to rectify this for the Kwinana session...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160229_002847000_iOS.jpg (38.0 KB, 454 views)
Old 29-03-2016, 09:34 AM

Would be nice to see some Mopar or Mustang action up on the podium this time around .. actually during the awards ceremony, not beforehand wondering what it feels like to be a winner

Shots fired!

Meanwhile, let me pass on this meme of wisdom

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  11.5 KB
Old 30-03-2016, 08:32 AM

Name: Denton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Would be nice to see some Mopar or Mustang action up on the podium this time around .. actually during the awards ceremony, not beforehand wondering what it feels like to be a winner

Shots fired!

Meanwhile, let me pass on this meme of wisdom

Attachment 32791
Point taken, might have to pass the keys over to a substitute driver for that to happen though. I think my son wouldn't hesitate at the chance, and he stayed out of the grass last time too.