Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 30-11-2016, 11:05 AM

Name: Justin
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...e/parts/12-133

Good for 875hp EFI

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 30-11-2016, 01:14 PM

Name: Jake
I do plan to track this car, and baffling was a concern however my Ricks tank already has a fair amount of internal baffling inside, on top of the foam baffle supplied with the Aeromotive kit i shouldn't have a problem.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

LS3 / TR6060 with 14,000k's purchased Should be here in a couple of weeks. Nice early christmas present for myself
Old 30-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaba View Post
I do plan to track this car... LS3 / TR6060 with 14,000k's purchased Should be here in a couple of weeks. Nice early christmas present for myself
Well done Jake - practically new
Old 30-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Name: Tom
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaba View Post
I do plan to track this car, and baffling was a concern however my Ricks tank already has a fair amount of internal baffling inside, on top of the foam baffle supplied with the Aeromotive kit i shouldn't have a problem.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

LS3 / TR6060 with 14,000k's purchased Should be here in a couple of weeks. Nice early Christmas present for myself
You must of been a good boy this year! nice choice. Where did you source it from?

Still trying to deal with the dilemma of not being able to stare at my car while driving it.
Better to build to a budget than not at all.
Youtube Channel: Shift Happens
Instagram: Shift Happens
Old 30-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
You must of been a good boy this year! nice choice. Where did you source it from?
From a Holden and HSV wrecker over east, Fusccars.

Don;t really trust any of the major Holden wreckers over here so went with a company that gets a great reputation, so far experience over the phone has been great. Very helpful and happy to accommodate any requests.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Name: Tom
Awesome Jake thanks for the tip. The only one I've found over here that gets a lot in is Holford. haven't gone as far as to look into peoples dealings with them though. Good to know there's a reliable option over east. Usually more choice when shopping over east too. ;-)
Old 01-12-2016, 03:05 PM

Unfortunately ran into more rust with this thing after deciding to investigate what was hiding underneath these horrible patch panels.

I was hoping it was just rusted out where they had covered up, but unfortunately it goes a little deeper into the sill than that.

Yet to find out what behind this patch below the door hinge mounts but from feeling behind its the same story as the left hand side.

Fortunately you can get replacement panels for the outer skin, however I have not been able to find any replacements for the rest of the areas not covered by the panel below, all in all not too bad and will give me a chance to fabricate a few simple pieces to repair the rotted out areas without having to worry too much about it looking good as it will mostly never see daylight again.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:57 PM

Name: Jason
Wow ... we are roughly at the same stage in our projects.

I'm in the same boat with these side cowl panels ... one of mine is rusted, the other has been crushed (prior accident).

I love your choice of drivetrain for this project! I'm also currently shopping for the same.

Will be following this keenly.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:50 PM

So Christmas came early

Old 10-12-2016, 03:17 AM

Name: Luke
Now that's an exciting delivery!! Bet your one very happy camper right now!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:55 AM

Name: Darren
That's just beautiful. Merry Xmas Jake.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Nice! I hope you gave Father Christmas a biscuit or a beer.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 18-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Little bit of progress, started the repairs on the cowl area, and coated it in a product called KBS rust seal. Very similar to POR15 and it has worked great so far for me.

It's a 3 part system, 1. Aqua Kleen ( Degreaser ) 2. Rust Blast ( Converter ) 3. Rust seal (sealer / top coat )

The Rust blast worked very well on what I would consider heavy rust, however it took a couple of hours of constant spraying and wire brushing and I used almost an entire bottle on just the side inner cowl area that is in the pictures above.

Regardless it worked great and the Sealer looks really nice and levels out nicely.

Also started striping the floor back to bare metal and coating with the KBS system. Didn't bother with the rust blast as it was completely bare metal, just the cleaner and sealer. Came out great and hopefully wont have to touch it ever again. Have left some areas un touched as they will be cut out when the floor pan tubs and firewall are replaced.

Little comparison, before during and after.

Have been a little side tracked in the past 3 weeks working on a mates VS commodore that we have LS / t400 swapped in 3 weeks, in time for Motorvation this Saturday. After this weekend ill focus on finishing the repairs and floor sealant.

My big parts shipment is due on the 19th of Feb, so unfortunately i wont get it done in time for Racewars like I had planned, but it appears ill be working that weekend anyway.
Old 19-01-2017, 07:26 AM

Name: Adam
Hay Jake,
I wouldn't go too far with the flooring coatings until you get the gearbox/LS3 in with the extreme subframe, I have a feeling you will need to cut out your trans tunnel to get the gearbox to fit, due to the design of the subframe the motor sits higher so you can get the car running lower so the trans tunnel suffers and even the transition into the bootspace.
Best to check with Jay from Speedtech as he has the same gen Camaro and is currently building his as we speak.
Baer 6P
Old 19-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Yep, well aware mate, that's why i have stopped where i have on the tunnel

Going off a few photos jay has sent me i should be about right how i've done it.