Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Name: JONNY
Interstate Transactions

Hi Guys,
I know this has probably come up b4, tried to find thread but no luck. I've got someone in Adelaide thats keen on buying a few parts off me (Perth) he wants me to include freight and C.O.D. in the price. I'm not willing to send anything without receiving payment in full and vice versa he ain't willing to lay down the cash without any guarantee of getting the goods. It is a large amount of cash to risk. There must be a way of doing this to protect both the buyer and seller? anyone had any experience with this? I don't think he knows anyone in Perth that could make the transaction for him so that option is out. Can Paypal be used?

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM

Name: Chris
Paypal can be used but other option is credit card as they will refund if goods not received, even a debit card will work the same
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Name: Deano
Yep, and remember it does not have to be related to Ebay at all. just have him use Paypal to transfer the money. Assuming he does not want to EFT you in advance, that is...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM

Name: Justin
I would definitely go with Paypal. It will protect both the buyer and seller as you said and has the appropriate means to follow up any issues that may arise.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Name: JONNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
Paypal can be used but other option is credit card as they will refund if goods not received, even a debit card will work the same
That sounds good on his behalf, does this mean if I send the goods depot to depot and he changes his mind and does not collect can he just call his credit provider and say he has not recieved the goods and get his money back? I'm in no danger of losing money paid to me?

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Sounds like paypal could be the way to go, do they charge much for selling? I have only made purchases on paypal
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Yep, if he uses his credit card to pay you via Paypal he is protected both via Paypal and also by his own bank which is what Paypal do anyway, so it`s just as easy for him to go directly to his own bank rather than deal with Paypal if any issues should arise, he can also verify this protection with his own bank prior to sending you the money for his own peace of mind. You also need to protect yourself in this transaction and the only way that you can do that is to fully insure the value of the goods and also require a signature as proof of delivery, these costs should be paid by the buyer.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Name: Chris
He can always get off his backside and come over to pick the stuff up in person... Yeah, it's a long way, but it's Australia and it's a long way between places.