Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 24-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Name: Josh
Nice choice, they will look killer against that silver paint.

what size rear tyres you running?

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 24-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Name: Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
Nice choice, they will look killer against that silver paint.

what size rear tyres you running?
Nitto 245/40ZR-18
Nitto 275/40ZR-18
Old 23-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Removed the inner fenders for powder coating and found this on the inside of the left front fender. I was told the sheet metal was all original or replaced with nos parts, and so far all appears to be so after doing a quick google search.

Old 25-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Well my ticket and accomadation are now booked and paid for so its off to Sacramento in about 3 weeks.
May not be quite finished but i will take heaps of pics to post up when i get back.The count down is on.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrucem1 View Post
check manufacturing/completion date of the car - anything prior to Jan 1 1969 should see no requirement for engineer. My 69 mustang was produced in 68, may be something to consider
So i asked a decode question on Team Camaro and turns out my 69 was a November 68 car.
Should make full rego a little easier i hope.
Old 13-05-2012, 06:57 AM

Name: Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stang View Post
So i asked a decode question on Team Camaro and turns out my 69 was a November 68 car.
Should make full rego a little easier i hope.
Hey 69Stang, this is one of the most exciting times as you go over to inspect your new toy. I too had my car put together in Sacramento - Granite Bay by a friend of mine. This guy lives and breathes Camaros and is also a really good contact for OEM stuff, with a workshop full. He is also well respected in the camaro fraternity and is often referred to in concourse judging events. Might be worth contacting and having a chat to. He also helped transport from Sacramento to the port at LA. Let me know if I can help as i did find a couple of surprises when i went over to inspect mine. Attention to detail is not their forte. I cand send you details if you like.
Can't wait to see more pics of your beast though.
Cheers
Greg
Old 13-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Thanks Greg would be interested to know your mates details, i might check him out when i get there.My car was purchased off a guy who owns Marquez design, he does alot of after market parts and interiors aswell as high end builds. He is giving the car a makeover at the moment but struggles for time to spread over all he has going on, but i am getting a really good deal so i can't complain. Do you have in any pics of your 69 or a thread showing a bit about your car.
Mark.
Old 13-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Name: Greg
Quote:
Thanks Greg would be interested to know your mates details, i might check him out when i get there.My car was purchased off a guy who owns Marquez design, he does alot of after market parts and interiors aswell as high end builds. He is giving the car a makeover at the moment but struggles for time to spread over all he has going on, but i am getting a really good deal so i can't complain. Do you have in any pics of your 69 or a thread showing a bit about your car.
Mark.
I am still piecing photos together so as to put up a thread in chronological order....a bit busy at the moment.
My car is a genuine 67 big blck 4 speed.
My mate in Sacramento has a fathom green 69 bb and a 69 pace car, and others.
I will ask him if ok to pass on his details, and if ok I will pm you
Cheers
Old 30-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Well made it back from trip overseas, wow had a great time, unfortunately the car was not as far along as i hoped but it was great to see it in person. As many have said photos always look good but to see it in the flesh is nice.
Well my quick sand back and respray has gone a bit further than first thought but the Marquez guys are very fussy and he didnt want to send it over here unless it was perfect, there were a few minor ripples in the quarters so they got aggressive on it and it is now in full primer again. Getting to see the car like this atleast showed me there is no rust at all.
A few pics nothing exciting but progress i suppose.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/...carpics002.jpg

Smothed firewll

Old 30-05-2012, 01:12 PM

So you are having all this work done in the US?
Not trying to be a smart ar$e, but why?

I see a cowl induction and a SS bonnet in the photos, are you giving yourself options?

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 30-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Hey Nev, the ss bonnet is mine the other one is off another car in the shop. Yes im getting the work done their, I suppose the main thing is the guy doing it was the previous owner and is giving me quite a few extras for nothing as it will go on web site to display some of his new products.
Old 30-05-2012, 06:30 PM

Name: Justin
It's best to do it once and right which is what's happening with this build. Looking forward to future updates. I bet you can't wait to get it here and drive it
Old 30-05-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Hey Nev, the ss bonnet is mine the other one is off another car in the shop. Yes im getting the work done their, I suppose the main thing is the guy doing it was the previous owner and is giving me quite a few extras for nothing as it will go on web site to display some of his new products.
Thanks, hope it goes well and look forward to seeing the progress and finished product.
So you mean it will go on the Marqez design site when completed?

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 30-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenkoSC View Post
It's best to do it once and right which is what's happening with this build. Looking forward to future updates. I bet you can't wait to get it here and drive it
Thats the plan Yenko, i am looking forward to driving it, but only after i went over and saw the car, and can see the potential finshed product. Just have to be patient i spose.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post
Thanks, hope it goes well and look forward to seeing the progress and finished product.
So you mean it will go on the Marqez design site when completed?
I think he was taking the build part of his site down, not sure why but that's what he said. They are currently building some new products which i will have fitted to my car as well as his interior kit.The car was on his build site even before i purchased it, also it has a front bumper which was on the site aswell.
Old 30-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Name: Andy
That, is gonna be one sweet ride bud

70 Chevy Nova
http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=10395