Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 30-08-2014, 12:53 PM

Name: Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joverell View Post
I'll probably paint it the same colour, or a bit brighter with the bumble bee stripe. I love old school looks, so I'm thinking first up I'll get some 17" rallye steelies to start with cause there cheap and an original style. I love the look of them on Tim Allens Camaro.
Agree fully on Tim Allen's car mate. If I'd known I could get them to clear my brakes it would've been a hard decision!

Don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices. Give Jay a yell for the forgelines. He's looked after a few of us on here with them. Will look sweet when you're done. I liked it before you tore it down

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 31-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Name: Adam
Oh wow those Lagunas look awesome on that chevelle, I've seen them on the website and just thought 'meh' but on a car they are heaps better
Old 31-08-2014, 11:22 PM

Name: Lyndsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by beRSerk View Post
Oh wow those Lagunas look awesome on that chevelle, I've seen them on the website and just thought 'meh' but on a car they are heaps better
They are also the most expensive wheel the Forgline produce They are sweet though!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:33 AM

Name: Chris
Bite of more than you can chew, and chew like hell.....

Love ya work Justin, nothing like tearing it down and building a quality car from the ground up.

That speed tech stuff looks way too good to be hidden under the car
Old 07-10-2014, 07:14 PM

Name: Justin
Went and had a look at progress on my siv today and put a few more pics of all the cutting and welding. Frame rails are notched and minitubs are almost done. Now have to weld in the fish plates and fit the rear shock support.

Floors are pretty much done too. Just needs cleaning up. The big gaping hole in the tunnel has been patched, ready for a new not quite so gaping hole. Plus all the other holes in the body are beginning to disappear.. thankfully.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Nice to see the old girl today. Frame connectors in, floors are replaced and cleaned up, boot floor is in, rails notched, tubs done and rear shock support is in and all painted. Pretty happy with the job. Looks pretty factory to me.. sort of.

Last edited by Juzz; 12-12-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Name: Steve
I love the subframe connectors..
Very discrete, neat, practical for ground clearance and of course, OE appearing!
Wishing maybe I'd done similar when mine was on the rotisserie.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:08 PM

Name: Allan
Justin looking real good ....mmmmmmm i like
Old 13-12-2014, 12:28 AM

Name: Luke
Looking pretty good under there mate!
Old 13-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Name: nik
Awesome. Factory minitubs... why didn't they!?
Old 13-12-2014, 10:16 PM

Name: Jason
Thumbs up

Just stumbled across this build tonight.
Your car is coming along great already. I'm hoping to go down a similar path with mine (ie; Pro Touring) sometime in the near future.
Will be following this one closely ... keep up the good work
Old 27-07-2015, 10:49 PM

Name: Luke
Any updates on this one? your panel beater has done some very nice work on the underside! Really keen to see this one come together
Old 28-07-2015, 12:07 PM

It's been a slow process, but paint is going on now. Panel beater is making sure it's straight, which is a good thing. The colour is Boyd Coddington Red. Hopefully I'll have it back soon. Meanwhile I've been getting the workshop ready and painting suspension parts, diff housing etc. Then it's late nights in the shed and getting anti social.

Last edited by Juzz; 28-07-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Old 17-01-2016, 11:33 AM

Just thought I'd put an update up here. I started this build before I had kids, so the progress has been a bit slow as alot of people would probably understand. Time is a luxury..

I got the car back in September, bar a few panels that were being finished. I had a bit of a mishap too, which is in the pics.. I'm pretty happy with the straightness of the body and paintwork. There a couple of things here 'n' there like a chip and a rub through, but after 18 months of Paintjail, I'm just glad to have it back. The interior Semigloss black needs a bit of touching up though. It seems to have been a little rushed at the end and I see alot of bare metal, which means I'll have to mask and paint again in certain areas like in the boot, under the dash, and inside guards etc. I didn't expect to have it completely painted in areas because I think I got what I paid for considering the car now has new floors, boot and was straightened after bead blasting plus I added the mini tubs, frame connectors and crossbrace on the rear. Which brings me to needing a bit of advice in that area.

I'm going to POR15 the wheel wells and boot with a brush just to seal the areas I can see. The underside is 2 Pak which I think will be fine..,I just don't know how many coats are on it. I really want to seal inside the ends of the frame rails and areas which could be moisture traps, but I can't work out what paint to use (I'm in a shed, but have compressor and gear). My best guess is to etch prime the tight nooks and hollows and just cover it with Semi gloss acrylic, unless somebody else has a better option. I don't really want to spray POR15 because it hangs in the air and lands on everything and I really don't want to mask the paintwork if I don't have too. I'm almost willing to buy spray paks because they're small and you can get them into tight areas. After then I'll cover everything with fishoil and get an electronic rust converter I think. Any recommendations here for keeping rust out and which paints are best??

Here's some pics

Arrival from the panel shop.

As we back the car into the shed, this happened! Because the steering wasn't connected, the car pulled to the left as it back trough the door (tow truck driver side and smacked the door frame! I was surprised with how easily the paint came off. Anyways, I got the door back and it has been fixed..

Looks the goods

I went with a 6 cylinder bumblebee stripe in semigloss black, just to confuse everyone. Plus I just reckon it looks cleaner. I'm keeping the car de-badged until I get bored one day in the future.

Note the custom cupboard doors

Blackout panel is WRONG! Wasnt too happy bout that. Will have to fix it later.

I'm spending the day pulling the front off the car again and touching up paint/polishing areas, then It's suspension time. Time to get some momentum!!
Old 26-01-2016, 10:27 PM

Name: Peter
Looks great Justin, pity about the scrape, i would've chucked a fit. At least thats been fixed, now onto more exiting stuff hey.