Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Name: Lucky Phil
Hey Mark your cars looking great, I was wondering exactly what size wheels and tires your running along with offsets....
would love something like that for that 67 Catalina....
cheers Phil

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Name: Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Nut View Post
Hey Mark your cars looking great, I was wondering exactly what size wheels and tires your running along with offsets....
would love something like that for that 67 Catalina....
cheers Phil
Hi Phil, Thanks for the compliments. Cant wait till its registered and i can drive it every day.

I got them from Rims n Tires in the US (online). The wheels are Boss 335, Size 18x8.0 PCD 5x120.65 (5x4.75) ET2, 4.6"BS (straight off thier website)
They also offer staggered setup. 8's up front and 9.5's at the back. I am planning to order a pair of 9.5's after I have the car registered. I was originally a bit hesitant to go the 9.5's but having fitted the 8's on the back and doing some measuring, I am confident that their claim that they will fit is correct.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GTO View Post
Hi Phil, Thanks for the compliments. Cant wait till its registered and i can drive it every day.

I got them from Rims n Tires in the US (online). The wheels are Boss 335, Size 18x8.0 PCD 5x120.65 (5x4.75) ET2, 4.6"BS (straight off thier website)
They also offer staggered setup. 8's up front and 9.5's at the back. I am planning to order a pair of 9.5's after I have the car registered. I was originally a bit hesitant to go the 9.5's but having fitted the 8's on the back and doing some measuring, I am confident that their claim that they will fit is correct.
Hey thanks for that Mark, just had a quick browse they've got heaps of packages available hey.... I'll cross reference measurements between the your gto and the cat before purchasing....
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Hi Phil,
After being stuffed around by customs i would just order the rims and source the tyres locally. If you do order them fitted ask for the insect declaration when they confirm your order. Mine arrived without it and whilst it was simple enough to sort just added time that they sat at the airport.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Hi Phil,
After being stuffed around by customs i would just order the rims and source the tyres locally. If you do order them fitted ask for the insect declaration when they confirm your order. Mine arrived without it and whilst it was simple enough to sort just added time that they sat at the airport.
Yes been through that problem before myself....
$200 for nothing....
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gke60 View Post
http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/

in regard to rear main seals there are two very good ones available, one is the BOP engineering viton seal, be aware of imitations and the best gasket company rope type seal, do a search on py in the street section for lots of opinions on both.
i am using the BOP seal and have not had any problems as yet, everything has to be right on these things for them not to leak so do plenty of research.

cheers
Took your advice Graham, after looking at what was around ordered Viton Rear main seals (plus a new Valley Pan and one piece sump seal) from BOP Engineering.

Got the majority of the two different layers of paint off the engine to expose the original colour today. If time permits, plan to repaint the block, heads and sump tomorrow. Gotta figure out what I am going to do with the manifold, same colour or silver? Decisions decisions....
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM

Name: graham
i think the factory painted the manifold & 389 is the light blue colour.
the BOP rear main should be ok, just make sure you fit it exactly as per the instructions, there are differing opinions on what is the better seal the BOP or the BEST, i am using the BOP and have not had any problems so far, others have had issues but they may not have been fitted correctly, hard to know.
good luck with it.
1967 Pontiac Firebird-home built 470 Pontiac-turbo 400-3500 conv-9inch 3:55 - 11:06 @ 125:10 mph.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM

Have gone with a darker blue. not a fan of the original light colour. I did end up painting the manifold today. Doing final prep on the motor and sump tomorrow ready for paint Monday. Will definitely follow instructions on the rear main. At least I have the one in the kit to fall back on if it does end up leaking.

Will post up pics once its all painted, assembled and shiny....
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM

Engine components painted. Still waiting on the new valley pan to arrive as well as some bits that are off the get chromed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 389 Front.jpg (233.0 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 389 Top.jpg (284.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 15-10-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Engine components painted. Still waiting on the new valley pan to arrive as well as some bits that are off the get chromed.
How you getting on mark, all your chroming done yet?
Looking forward to seeing some more pics soon....

Last edited by Lucky Phil; 15-10-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Old 15-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Nut View Post
How you getting on mark, all your chroming done yet?
Looking forward to seeing some more pics soon....
Hi Phil, End of the week I get the Chrome bits back. The car is off getting all new bushes put through the steering and suspension and the trans is off getting made like new.

This pic was taken with my phone after it was painted before the bits went for chrome with the original valley pan. Not factory but I cant bring myself to like the original colour and its not a complete engine rebuild so used a colour I like. If I do a full rebuild down the track my go factory colour.....

I will do a mockup for some pics with the new extractors and everything else sitting where it will go before it goes back in the car. Hopefully by the weekend..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 389 Front.jpg (325.7 KB, 153 views)
Old 16-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Chrome bits back just sitting on in this pic, bolt everything on when one piece oil pan seal arrives. Gotta source stainless bolts. Steering and suspension bushes all done, pic up car tomorrow. Trans will be another fortnight so may order chrome alternator whilst I am waiting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine half.jpg (276.7 KB, 355 views)
Old 16-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Name: Damon
WOW Mark that engines looking pretty cool.
Old 16-10-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQGUY View Post
WOW Mark that engines looking pretty cool.
Thanks Damon, Chomping at the bit to get it on the road. Target is 1st November.
Old 17-10-2013, 05:32 AM

That looks great....
came up a treat....

bet you can't wait.....