Go Back   US MUSCLE Buy Sell Trade Cars and Bikes For Sale
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Name: Greg
1976 C20 LWB Styleside for sale

Hi everyone,

The time has come for me to put my C20 up for sale. It is a reluctant sale, and I'm only selling so I can get back to my 64 Chevelle, which has stalled for the last 10 years!

I'm not sure how to post photos, and I'm a bit of a luddite in that regard but I can email you photos if you are interested.

Details: 1976 C20, Long wheel base Bonanza truck, Camper Special (which means it has factory heavy duty suspension). Two tone paint, Orange and Cream.
Factory fitted 454, Turbo 400 and 14 bolt diff. Factory dual petrol tanks. The engine is strong, doesn't burn oil and doesn't smoke. It has been rebuilt at some stage, and is standard except for Edelbrock Carby and manifold, extractors and new dual exhaust system.
Factory aircon, tilt steer, power steer, cloth seat and carpet. The aircon compressor was burnt out when I got the truck. I have a replacement compressor, which is not standard, that goes with the truck. Once fitted it will require new hoses to be fitted as well.

I have used this truck for towing so it has a heavy duty Hayman Reese tow hitch, with correct plug wiring. It also has electric brakes fitted. It also has the larger style towing mirrors, which don't look too bad.
I have a canopy on the truck that goes with the truck, currently fitted.
I also have a slide on retro camper which has been stripped out inside ready for a full restoration. This will be included in the sale if the buyer wants, otherwise I will keep using it as a garden shed.
Recent work on the truck includes the following, rebuilt gearbox and reco convertor, all new front brakes including hoses and rebuilt calipers, new centre bearing for tailshaft, new front tyres, recent full tune including new plugs and leads etc.

The interior is in mostly very good condition, the seat has been recovered in the last few years, there is new carpet including underfelt and sound deadening, the instrument cluster is good with no damage, all instruments except the clock work, the dash pad has some fine cracks in it but there is a dash mat in place, the doors trims are poor, though these are available repro, there is only the factory painted steel roof lining which is in very good condition. I have fitted a new Bluetooth stereo and speakers.

Basically anytime the truck has needed something, it gets it. I have towed to Sydney multiple times, Melbourne three times and around Canberra too many times to mention. I cannot have the truck let me down, and it never has. All of the body to chassis bushes have been replaced in the last few years, so it feels firm and is quiet to drive.

The speedo currently reads just over 20k miles, but I'm not sure how many times it has been round the clock. The overall condition of the truck would indicate to me that this might be its second time around, so maybe 220k would be right? No way to know for sure, but the truck is in excellent condition for its age. It has had one coat of paint in its life, and the paint would be best described as good. The body is amazing for a 41 year old truck. I have not been able to find one spot of rust in it anywhere, seriously not one. I'm not saying its not there, because I cant be 100% sure, but I am 99% sure. The tray area is in great condition for its age, and has not been bashed to death.

I looked at, and had friends look at quite a few trucks before I bought this one, so I was sure that I was buying a good one. I have owned several of these trucks over the last 15 years, and this is the best one by far. If I was to drive to Perth tomorrow in it, all I would need to do would be to fuel it up and go. I am that confident in it. Truly it will not disappoint its new owner.

I am chasing 20k for it, and am a little negotiable on price. It is registered until July 17 in ACT and I can organise a rego check for either ACT or NSW if required. All Australian rego requirements have been met, including new headlights and seatbelts etc. I would like to keep the truck, as it is a cool thing, but I don't have the space to store it, and I want to finish my Chevelle some time before I die.

If you want more info or photos, please let me know. I work shift work so if you want me to meet you half way to where you live so you can view the truck, let me know. I'm happy to road trip in it at anytime.

Thanks for looking,
Greg
Call: Zero427,732,74five

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:17 PM

Name: Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM064 View Post
Hi everyone,

The time has come for me to put my C20 up for sale. It is a reluctant sale, and I'm only selling so I can get back to my 64 Chevelle, which has stalled for the last 10 years!

I'm not sure how to post photos, and I'm a bit of a luddite in that regard but I can email you photos if you are interested.

Details: 1976 C20, Long wheel base Bonanza truck, Camper Special (which means it has factory heavy duty suspension). Two tone paint, Orange and Cream.
Factory fitted 454, Turbo 400 and 14 bolt diff. Factory dual petrol tanks. The engine is strong, doesn't burn oil and doesn't smoke. It has been rebuilt at some stage, and is standard except for Edelbrock Carby and manifold, extractors and new dual exhaust system.
Factory aircon, tilt steer, power steer, cloth seat and carpet. The aircon compressor was burnt out when I got the truck. I have a replacement compressor, which is not standard, that goes with the truck. Once fitted it will require new hoses to be fitted as well.

I have used this truck for towing so it has a heavy duty Hayman Reese tow hitch, with correct plug wiring. It also has electric brakes fitted. It also has the larger style towing mirrors, which don't look too bad.
I have a canopy on the truck that goes with the truck, currently fitted.
I also have a slide on retro camper which has been stripped out inside ready for a full restoration. This will be included in the sale if the buyer wants, otherwise I will keep using it as a garden shed.
Recent work on the truck includes the following, rebuilt gearbox and reco convertor, all new front brakes including hoses and rebuilt calipers, new centre bearing for tailshaft, new front tyres, recent full tune including new plugs and leads etc.

The interior is in mostly very good condition, the seat has been recovered in the last few years, there is new carpet including underfelt and sound deadening, the instrument cluster is good with no damage, all instruments except the clock work, the dash pad has some fine cracks in it but there is a dash mat in place, the doors trims are poor, though these are available repro, there is only the factory painted steel roof lining which is in very good condition. I have fitted a new Bluetooth stereo and speakers.

Basically anytime the truck has needed something, it gets it. I have towed to Sydney multiple times, Melbourne three times and around Canberra too many times to mention. I cannot have the truck let me down, and it never has. All of the body to chassis bushes have been replaced in the last few years, so it feels firm and is quiet to drive.

The speedo currently reads just over 20k miles, but I'm not sure how many times it has been round the clock. The overall condition of the truck would indicate to me that this might be its second time around, so maybe 220k would be right? No way to know for sure, but the truck is in excellent condition for its age. It has had one coat of paint in its life, and the paint would be best described as good. The body is amazing for a 41 year old truck. I have not been able to find one spot of rust in it anywhere, seriously not one. I'm not saying its not there, because I cant be 100% sure, but I am 99% sure. The tray area is in great condition for its age, and has not been bashed to death.

I looked at, and had friends look at quite a few trucks before I bought this one, so I was sure that I was buying a good one. I have owned several of these trucks over the last 15 years, and this is the best one by far. If I was to drive to Perth tomorrow in it, all I would need to do would be to fuel it up and go. I am that confident in it. Truly it will not disappoint its new owner.

I am chasing 20k for it, and am a little negotiable on price. It is registered until July 17 in ACT and I can organise a rego check for either ACT or NSW if required. All Australian rego requirements have been met, including new headlights and seatbelts etc. I would like to keep the truck, as it is a cool thing, but I don't have the space to store it, and I want to finish my Chevelle some time before I die.

If you want more info or photos, please let me know. I work shift work so if you want me to meet you half way to where you live so you can view the truck, let me know. I'm happy to road trip in it at anytime.

Thanks for looking,
Greg
Call: Zero427,732,74five

Hey guys and girls, I still have this truck and am keen to sell it. If you are interested just give me a call and we can talk turkey. I need this thing gone!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:15 AM

Name: Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM064 View Post
Hey guys and girls, I still have this truck and am keen to sell it. If you are interested just give me a call and we can talk turkey. I need this thing gone!
Any pics ?