Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20-09-2006, 05:33 PM

My 69 Camaro Pro touring build up.

This is going to take me a while to get all pics and info up so bare with me as I update this thread.

It all started some time ago now....... for as long as I can remeber I liked these cars but more and more it was buggin me and finally I gave in I had to have one!
I couldn't help looking at cars like this and not get a wood LOL.

September 2004
I make a deal to purchase this 69 Camaro from USA it was located in the desert of California apparently from Arizona before that.

I never would have thought it would be september 2005 before the car was finally loaded up and shipped over....

There it sits in a shipping yard in Longbeach CA

It gets loaded up with another 69 (which I later sold off) a 68 camaro (friend of mine) a funny car (yes one of them) and a whole heap of resto parts rims etc etc!!

Late october 2005
The car finally arrives and while I can't seem to find any pictures I think I know why..... it's nothing like expected....It needs lots of work but me being me wasn't going to give in that easy so the first weekend we had it off came the front end sheetmetal and we started paint stripping it!

The front stripped down

Paint stripped

It's at this stage we are able to get a good idea of where we're going with this whole project this thing is getting a 'full' resto and nothing short of that!

The parts list includes some of the following.

All new front sheetmetal
Wilwood Brakes
18 Billet Boyd codington Magneto's
tricked up 10 bolt 3.55 gears, HD cover, Auburn posi
all new interior new rubbers chrome trim etc etc
Fresh 350SBC
the list goes on!

November 2005
Body repairs start its going to be a long process and at the end of november I am off to the sates for almost a month but we haul ass considering........

We need to repair the floor in two places both the drivers side(its staying LHD) and the passenger rear floor

The rear already had a section done but lapped over so we trimmed it nicely and fitted the same one back in.

The front one removed note: we also have to put a toe board section in!- We had to airfreight these straight out of the states.

Note in this pic how crappy the job was when they put the replacement section in! I would not let something like this go.

We get repairg the major bits and use as much metal in this car as possible we weren't going to do no Bog Job LOL

Out with the motor

Ready to hit the 1/4's with some High Fill

High filled! Yeah

Needed to do this for some inspiration! LOL

I'm off again so more updates later.... I did say its gonna take a while!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019_8A.JPG (54.7 KB, 724 views)
File Type: jpg 013_14A.JPG (47.1 KB, 658 views)
File Type: jpg 016_11A.JPG (46.7 KB, 641 views)

Last edited by EAT-30T; 09-04-2008 at 11:49 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 21-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Name: Steve
Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
looking good... i'm glad i didn't need to replace any floors.. but you make it sounds like it's an easy thing to do

And rim choice is good.. i havn't even thought that far ahead yet..
Old 22-09-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGeo View Post
looking good... i'm glad i didn't need to replace any floors.. but you make it sounds like it's an easy thing to do

And rim choice is good.. i havn't even thought that far ahead yet..
Yeah the floors are a bit of a PITA but not as hard as you'd think just fiddily..... I gotta snap some shots of my undercarriage now its lookin good!

Also we're doing a 68 with a friend of mine (bought it in with my 69) that car is getting full 1 piece floor ! I'm curious to see how its gonna turn out

Easy? Man even yours looks easy....... cos I'm sitting here watching

but we all know thats bs

Meh.....
Old 24-09-2006, 07:32 AM

lookin good man, those rims look horn!
Old 25-09-2006, 08:13 AM

i need to get a 68 and slot it in between you two blokes!
Old 25-09-2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
i need to get a 68 and slot it in between you two blokes!
I have a 68 I'll probably post up a progress thread on... Its a good friend of mine I bought it in for him when I got this 69.

Meh.....
Old 25-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

decided on a color yet?

And how much can the 10bolts hold? would it be worth doing mine up? As the only real other option i see is getting a 9"...
Old 25-09-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
decided on a color yet?

And how much can the 10bolts hold? would it be worth doing mine up? As the only real other option i see is getting a 9"...

The 10 bolts are pretty strong with the right gear... I guess it depends on whether you are going to race it or not? I don't intend on beating the sh*t out of it so the 10 bolt will do fine for me.

Color? Yep sure have Ill try snap some pics of the grille its painted already

I am waiting on the sandblaster to do my subframe f*ck me it's been there for a month already and nothings happened

I'll update this thread shortly... just had a busy weekend!

Kurt

Meh.....
Old 25-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator

You should have just done your subframe yourself.. would've been quicker

As for the diff.. i kinda plan on "testing" the motor... a few time ... If i can find a builder that can kinda guarantee it won't go *bang* i might use the 10 bolt i've got, but might be safer to find a 9" in the meantime...

Well your allot further than i am in your build.. you can come and help me finish mine when your done

and yeah throw up some more pics...
Old 25-09-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You should have just done your subframe yourself.. would've been quicker

As for the diff.. i kinda plan on "testing" the motor... a few time ... If i can find a builder that can kinda guarantee it won't go *bang* i might use the 10 bolt i've got, but might be safer to find a 9" in the meantime...

Well your allot further than i am in your build.. you can come and help me finish mine when your done

and yeah throw up some more pics...
I would do my self if I had a industrial sand blaster....... It's really holding us up!

10 Bolts can be upgraded to 30 spline billet axles, Heavy duty girdle rear cover and stuff... I'm not doin the axles but can get em no probs!

I'll help ya anytime! anytime I can this is just let me know if you need anything tips parts a hug? LOL rah rah etc etc etc. you know what I mean I was in Melbourne with my wife weekend just gone..... I like it there...

Pics yes yes I know I'll get em up this week more current ones and more current info!

Meh.....
Old 26-09-2006, 03:04 PM

Wow very nice - always warms the heart to see somebody's dream taking shape into reality.

Great work - keep it up!!!!
Old 27-09-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNick View Post
Wow very nice - always warms the heart to see somebody's dream taking shape into reality.

Great work - keep it up!!!!
Thanks for the kind words!

The way things are looking this car will sold once completed I am finding it a little hard to juggle all these projects! Also I gotta get me my wife and son a house ASAP.....So unfortunately there won't be a lot of time for us to enjoy this car but on the bright side we still have our pro street project I am gonna bust a move on that next year with any luck!

Kurt

Meh.....
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Damn sorry to hear the news Kurt!! Thats a shame about all that hard work going into it...you gotta hate the ugly side of money...

But i suppose a house for the family is the sensible thing to do...reminds me of my dad when we where all little wiper-snappers long ago, he had the chance to buy his boss's old vintage ferrari or a house for all us when we where kids...but of course he chose the house...he reminds me of that story constantly, not sure if he regrets it now though, lol!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoutso strikes again View Post
Damn sorry to hear the news Kurt!! Thats a shame about all that hard work going into it...you gotta hate the ugly side of money...

But i suppose a house for the family is the sensible thing to do...reminds me of my dad when we where all little wiper-snappers long ago, he had the chance to buy his boss's old vintage ferrari or a house for all us when we where kids...but of course he chose the house...he reminds me of that story constantly, not sure if he regrets it now though, lol!!!

Nah its no biggie at all man....... just I guess my time and effort.... money is just an object really dude I look at this way.."I can always make more and buy another one"

Plus I gotta get a house for my new toy....which is still overseas!

I am getting the subframe back this arvo from the blasters so should have some good updates coming soon.... watch as it all goes together..... Hmmmmmmmm wilwood brakes and all!!!!!

Kurt

PS Will update ASAP

Meh.....
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM

Update

Finally got my subframe back from the blasters! Lets just say it took too long

Its looking pretty good I reckon

Here's all the A arms and spindles ETC couldn't be bothered spreading em out LOL.... You'll have to use your imagination!

It will have these Energy suspension bushes 'all round'!

Pretty cool huh? Now we can start getting the front end together!

I will try to get some pics after its all painted! and fitted up... I'll be using POR15....... It's awesome stuff not cheap but it gets the results it actually looks like 2pac!

Enjoy.

Meh.....