Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM

Name: Chris
It was great to finally meet everyone (even the Mustang owners ) the weather was great and a good time was had by all.

There are a lot of cars "nearly finished" and I look forward to the next get together. CHEERS CHRIS

"It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"

Last edited by 68cmaro; 03-05-2009 at 11:45 AM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Name: graham
[QUOTE=68cmaro;14018]It was great to finally meet everyone (even the Mustang owners ) the weather was great and a good time was had by all.

yes, good to meet everyone, thanks chris for hosting.
graham
Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Name: PAUL
Quote:
Originally Posted by S[_]SPECT View Post
Thanks Chris for having us...just sorry I had to bail as early as I did...
Good to meet you all and hope we can do more of it in the future hey...

Photos by Ollie are up here:
http://s483.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

I make no applogies for quality (or quantity.. he went nuts) .. hey.. he's 8.. he had to do something...

Anyways.. back to work..

Thanks again Chris.
HEY BIRCHY YA YOUNG BLOKE HAS TAKEN SOME GREAT PHOTOS FROM THE GET TOGETHER.
CATCHYA NEXT TIME

PAUL
Old 03-05-2009, 06:42 PM

Name: Mitch
haha....It was all down to Chris Greg...

Here are a couple of pics that I took... Didn't take many, was just after a couple for ideas more so than anything else... Just mobile phone pics though..

Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Name: Jamie
Had a good time but i dont think i will be getting any permits any time soon

I was putting in 3rd doin 50kph and got pulled over and the cops were absolute d!cks, reckon i was just out to joyride and are sending me a summons and gonna do me driving an unregistered vehicle and unroadworthy vehicle. They reckon my wheels are unsafe (sure not legal but not unsafe) and were saying things like how do i know the vehicle isnt full of rust etc etc?????? I explained to them that i went out to get a quote on repairs for registration and just told me i was an idiot and i was full of it basically..

I could understand if i did something wrong and warranted the treatment i copped of em but i am spun out how unreasonable they were. They took about 50 photos of the car all over, including the rubber on the back guards, i told em it from a burnout comp and i was doin the right thing keepin it off the streets n they just laughed at me.

Where do they draw the line of giving someone a completely legit permit for repairs/ registration. This is only the second permit i have got for the car so its not as though i just take it out whenever i want for a cruise which is what they reckon.

Tossers.... i know it wasnt totally legal but hey it could have been
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Name: Steve
Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
Spewing I don't live in WA Wish I was there guy's. Well done to Chris for holding this at his place, next time i'll try make my way across...

And Jamie hope they don't send you a too a too big of fine.. Hopefully they forget about it
Old 03-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Yeah Jamie... Same thing I got done for sorta. They didn't have a leg to stand on mate. Just make sure you have your permit with you when you go to court, use the court appointed Lawyer and tell her that you need your license for work etc and they will represent you. Costs $20.

Explain to the Lawyer that you were driving from your place to Chris's sons business for quotes and then return. On the return drive you were pulled over etc not doing anything wrong and that you actually went out of your way as law obiding road user to obtain a permit for the legitimate reason of repairs for licensing.

Unless you were doing something wrong then they can only really give you a penalty for maybe having an unroadworthy vehicle, but hey...How are you supposed to know if you don't get it checked over before taking it to the pits?

I didn't have to say bugger all when I went as the judge could see that they were clutching at straws. The police cannot deem a car as unroadworthy as they are not licensed inspectors however they can refer a vehicle by way of a yellow sticker for a roadworthy inspection.

Also explain to the lawyer that you had trailered the car to and from motoring events and that it had been used in them hence there was trye rubber on the rear gaurds. "I value my license too much to do anything like that on the street, that is why I have previously trailered my car and go to sanctioned events your honour."

She'll be right, it's just a pain in the bum.

Mitch

Last edited by AUSCAMARO; 04-05-2009 at 09:50 AM..
Old 03-05-2009, 11:30 PM

I was thinking that would be the case Mitch, still a p!ss off though and now i wont be able to get permits.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM

finally got my car running again. worst part was cleaning the FN rubber of the guards id left since nostalgia meet..the new convertor seems to be working well

Buick V6 Turbo'd GNX tribute 11.20 @ 118mph
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx.327 View Post
finally got my car running again. worst part was cleaning the FN rubber of the guards id left since nostalgia meet..the new convertor seems to be working well
Nice one Sean...

Mitch
Old 28-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Name: Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD68 View Post
Had a good time but i dont think i will be getting any permits any time soon

I was putting in 3rd doin 50kph and got pulled over and the cops were absolute d!cks, reckon i was just out to joyride and are sending me a summons and gonna do me driving an unregistered vehicle and unroadworthy vehicle. They reckon my wheels are unsafe (sure not legal but not unsafe) and were saying things like how do i know the vehicle isnt full of rust etc etc?????? I explained to them that i went out to get a quote on repairs for registration and just told me i was an idiot and i was full of it basically..

I could understand if i did something wrong and warranted the treatment i copped of em but i am spun out how unreasonable they were. They took about 50 photos of the car all over, including the rubber on the back guards, i told em it from a burnout comp and i was doin the right thing keepin it off the streets n they just laughed at me.

Where do they draw the line of giving someone a completely legit permit for repairs/ registration. This is only the second permit i have got for the car so its not as though i just take it out whenever i want for a cruise which is what they reckon.

Tossers.... i know it wasnt totally legal but hey it could have been
Any updates on this incident Jamie, did they sent you a summons ?

Old 28-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFF68 View Post
Any updates on this incident Jamie, did they sent you a summons ?
Nah fingers crossed... not yet..
Brought a set of Radial Front runners today and was shocked... $800 bucks for the pair.. WOW..
Old 01-07-2009, 12:19 AM

Havent got any surprises in the mail so i think it is safe to say i got away with it...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM

I was also wondering about this... I had my summons within a couple of days, so I guess you got away with it...

Lucky duck.

Mitch