Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Name: Jamie
yeah man... did good skids.
you know everyone!

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Name: Mitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD68 View Post
yeah man... did good skids.
you know everyone!

And I've only been in Perth for 5 years

Got some skid vids of it here... I'll try and host them somewhere and post them up for ya...

Mitch
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 PM

Name: Jamie
sweet as cos he lost all of his old footage...
Old 05-02-2009, 01:29 PM

Alright peoples.... It's time for something to happen.

Just got off the phone to my panel shop after discussions with my wife about which direction we will be heading and we have booked the 68 in tentativley for next month.

I will be starting to strip her down and hopefully have it ready for the tilt tray in about a month.

I'll be pulling the driveline as well and giving it a bit of a freshen up, but it will essentially be the same, just prettier.

Not sure if we're going to go Satin Black all over but it WILL be staying black and the engine bay will definately be Satin...

Floor pans are still delayed due to all of the flooding over East, however I'm told they will be here Monday/Tuesday. Still waiting on the shock mounts as well.

Can't wait to get it in the shop....and actually get some work done.... YEAH BABY!!!!!

Can't thank my wife enough for everything thus far!! She's the best!

Mitch
Old 05-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Name: Chris
Congrats Mitch, great feeling getting work happening, one steps closer to the goal !
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Good stuff Mich.
It is a good feeling when work starts and you can see progress.

Post some photos as you go.

Nev
Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post
Good stuff Mich.
It is a good feeling when work starts and you can see progress.

Post some photos as you go.

Nev

Sure will Nev...Jst watching Better Off Dead for a bit of inspiration... Finally tracked the movie down at SANITY during the week...

Mitch
Old 14-02-2009, 09:08 PM

Well, I got the call today that my floor pans are ready to be picked up from the freight depot here in Perth and I received my rear shock tower mounts in the post last week. Spoke to my beater/painter today at Big Al's Poker Run and gave him the good news, so we should be all go for the start of some work in a month or so...

Mitch
Old 14-02-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSCAMARO View Post
Well, I got the call today that my floor pans are ready to be picked up from the freight depot here in Perth and I received my rear shock tower mounts in the post last week. Spoke to my beater/painter today at Big Al's Poker Run and gave him the good news, so we should be all go for the start of some work in a month or so...

Mitch
Whats the plan? satin black maybe? or just floors at this stage
Old 14-02-2009, 09:38 PM

Mrs doesn't like the Satin Black, so we're staying with Black but glossy, it has a metallic fleck now, but will probably go a solid black maybe with red or hugger orange stripes kinda like the Gen II in the pic below or with a bare metal stripe (if my painter is keen to try something different?)....

Obviously floors are first and foremost then body work will come once the floors are sorted.

Mitch

Last edited by AUSCAMARO; 14-02-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Old 15-02-2009, 09:03 PM

Well, I came home this weekend for a couple of reasons and one of those was to be to attend Big Al's for the 1st time and I enjoyed it immensely. Some awesome cars there.. I also got to meet Marty and some other like minded Camaro enthusiats.

Anyway, I think I gained a bit of inspiration from the show and today I had a bit of time up my sleeve so I started ripping the 68 apart.. I managed to dismantle the entire right hand side of the car including the interior and most of the dash parts. I also removed all the side glass and rear end bolt on bits.

Basically all the chrome work has been removed except for the front bumper at this stage.

The floors are scaring me a little, the US owner must have been getting wet feet as they have fibre-glassed the floors under the carpet. I new the floors were pretty cactus and I also new the shock towers were rusty but I got a bit of a shock when I saw the right rear shock tower. There aint much metal there!!!

The car has also had rear quaters done before and I think I'll have to be doing some work to tidy them up a little better.

So all in all, there is plenty of work to be done and I expect that I will have the rest of the car dismantled by the end of next break and possibly have the motor and box out as well. I'm flying back to work in the morning and will be back ready to get into it on Thursday...

Mitch
Old 15-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Name: Albert
Mate, it sounds like I am just ahead of you. I am glad the stripping part of it is over for me. If you have any questions, just sing out...
Old 15-02-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiecamaroowner View Post
Mate, it sounds like I am just ahead of you. I am glad the stripping part of it is over for me. If you have any questions, just sing out...
OK then....How do you get the bloody ignition switch out?
Old 16-02-2009, 12:12 AM

Name: Albert
This one stumped me as well. This is the instructions I followed to get mine out.

To remove the lock cylinder, place the key in the ignition lock and turn to the accessory position. Insert a paper Clip in the small hole to depress a button in the ignition switch. Keep turning the key counterclockwise and the lock will come out.
Old 16-02-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiecamaroowner View Post
This one stumped me as well. This is the instructions I followed to get mine out.

To remove the lock cylinder, place the key in the ignition lock and turn to the accessory position. Insert a paper Clip in the small hole to depress a button in the ignition switch. Keep turning the key counterclockwise and the lock will come out.
Yep, I had a look at my Camaro Manual last night and read exactly that...

I knew it would be simple

Mitch