Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 30-01-2012, 05:31 PM

Name: Kyle
1969 Camaro

So I finally managed to track down a clean example to start my next project. It has taken 11 months to find a suitable car, mind you there have been a number of dogs I have looked at. The car came with a Manila folder packed with history and receipts for the work done. Now I usually take a "history"with a grain of salt, but there are a number of hand written notes about exchange of parts for editorial pieces on the car. A gent by the name of Erik Falconer appears to have been the owner and can only assume a relative of Ryan Falconer also showing up in some receipts, who's company supplied the motor in this car. Lots of little things of interest on the car including safety wire on the suspension components, everything in the engine bay is securely fastened, hoses ignition leads, fuel lines. Not that this is a bad thing perhaps it has seen some track work of some description? The car has freshly built 406 small block , Edelbrock Victor 4tt intake manifold, Brodix aluminimum heads with gold roller rockers, solid roller cam and Hypereutectic pistons, headers with flow master mufflers, Transmission is a 700R4. The rear end has a locker centre with fiberglass mono leaf, Bilstein shocks and 4 wheel Wilwood disc brakes. It came with a set of rallys and a brand new set of American Racing wheels (these will soon get the flick for something smaller in diameter with better rubber)
The car certainly gets up and goes (after a tune up) stepped out on me once or twice and It pulls up on a dime as well. It has a lot more performance than the Duster had. The paint is apparently around ten years old but seems to be a quickly done freshen (overspray and poor prep work) however it is a solid car with no signs of rust and good clean original floors and sills. LO2 compliance has been done and the car put on club registration and has been out and about to Munchies and a couple of short runs.

Long term a new paint job and clean up some minor trim items, hook up a new stereo and should keep me out of the bank for a while.....

My old ride,

Last edited by CAM406; 30-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 30-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Name: John
They both look sweet. Where did the end up?
Old 30-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 65 View Post
They both look sweet. Where did the end up?
The Duster eneded up in Mackay. Sort of regretted letting it go, however sometimes you just get a little bored with a car and want to move on.

Cheers
Old 30-01-2012, 07:58 PM

Name: Jase
Send a message via MSN to chevval
that camaro looks very familiar to me but I can't quite place it....looks the part...nice ride!!!!!!!!
Old 30-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM406 View Post
The Duster eneded up in Mackay. Sort of regretted letting it go, however sometimes you just get a little bored with a car and want to move on.

Cheers
Haven't seen the duster around. Nice 69.
Old 30-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Name: Terry
Beautiful cars, what colour will you go with the 69 camaro also love the wheels on it
Old 31-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 cam View Post
Beautiful cars, what colour will you go with the 69 camaro also love the wheels on it
Not entirely sure on the colour at this stage, the dark blue interior will dictate the colour or I am up for an interior change as well. I nearly finalized a deal on a restored black 69 prior to finding this car. Love black but it is a real bi$ch to maintain

The wheels may look ok but they do nothing for the the handling and ride quality so they will soon get the flick (will sell them off (anyone interested?) to fund the change) in favor of a wheel tyre package that gives a better quality ride.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Name: Dean
Very nice mate, you should have lots of fun.