Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 05-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Name: Jim
Welcome to the forum Luke

Please do yourself a favour and hook up with some lefthook guys and spend a couple of hours driving on the other side before you decide to pisss away cash on a left to right conversion........It's really not that bad

Jim

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Name: Rowan
Hi Luke

The 69 looks super tuff, are you going to do any circuit work or drag racing with it, looks like its got some good suspension gear!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Name: Luke
Thanks Jim

Ive pretty much made my mind up about the conversion. I know its probably not that bad but thats just how i feel about it

Hi Rowan

Thanks for the comment. Doesnt look as tough as your corvette though. I havent told my old boy that i have bought it but i want him to drive and me navigate in road rallys and i want to start getting into cicuit racing and auto cross. I may take it to the strip once to see what it will run but thats it.

Luke
Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM

Name: Mitch
Book it in to Uncle Chris's Performance Garage for a decent job on the RHD conversion in Perth
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSCAMARO View Post
Book it in to Uncle Chris's Performance Garage for a decent job on the RHD conversion in Perth
You beat me to it mate

Convert the car for sure and I'm crossing my fingers for you Luke that you can get it licenced. The good old WA rego depo might just give you a hard time.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSCAMARO View Post
Cheers Mitch for the plug, more than happy to help out with the knowledge and hard work if need be.

Luke, maybe you should come along to our usmuscle get together on the 16th May (sunday week) and meet a few of the guys & gals !!!

Cheers CHRIS

"It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

I did already have a guy in mind for the conversion but i might have to check out this guy. Is he on this forum or do you have a contact number for him. Is zdnugget Clayton.

Luke

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Hey Chris i must have posted about 10 seconds after you. I am in Bunbury that weekend but if i can make it back in time i will drop in. Would be good to talk camaros as i am new to owning one.
Thanks

Luke
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 HQ View Post
I did already have a guy in mind for the conversion but i might have to check out this guy. Is he on this forum or do you have a contact number for him. Is zdnugget Clayton.

Luke

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Hey Chris i must have posted about 10 seconds after you. I am in Bunbury that weekend but if i can make it back in time i will drop in. Would be good to talk camaros as i am new to owning one.
Thanks

Luke
Cheers Luke, you are more than welcome to drop by anytime just pm me and I will send you my address in the meantime check out the build of my 68 http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2536

Cheers CHRIS

"It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Is zdnugget Clayton.

Luke
Yes mate its Clayton Do you know me?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM

Yeah i saw you on the weekend at auto x, its Luke, Bens brother with the triton. He used to own Jordans belair.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah i saw you on the weekend at auto x, its Luke, Bens brother with the triton. He used to own Jordans belair.
Yep I know you allright mate. Wow way to go with the Camaro mate
Are you going to bother getting rego then or just do the permit trick like your bro until you come unstuck?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM

Cheers , na think i will try and get rego after what happened to ben on sunday arvo after the show. He got pulled over and they pretty much new that he wasnt getting it fixed . They new about the show and saw the trophy sitting on his seat and busted him. They put a yellow on it which is dumb cos its unregistered and took his permit off him. Had to get it towed from the Sandringham. HaHa he has had a pretty good run with it but i want to try for rego see what happens.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi guys

Just a few pics of the camaro when it arrived in LA. She is pretty loaded up with parts, some of the stuff i didnt even know was coming with the car so pretty stoked about that.

Luke
Old 06-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Luke have you got all the import approval paperwork done? the past rego on the car etc? I failed to do it the first time I imported a car and wow did it cost me the bloody government wankers wanted to cut my car up or ship it back

On another note those rims need to be painted another colour as they just dont look right IMO.
If you need any paintwork done on the car make sure you give me a buzz so i can give you a quote, actually you should get Ben to give me a call as my bro said he wants to paint his ute and i would definetly be keen to do it.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:21 PM

Hey Clayton

Yeah all the import stuff is sorted just got the long wait now.

Yep they dont look right hey. I think its the black lip and silver centre, normally would be the other way around. I will prob change the colours just have to decide maybe a titanium all over not sure yet.

Ben is going to paint his ute but i think its already booked in at Rowe and Sons for sometime in June but i will let him know you are keen.

Luke