Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 16-11-2017, 03:02 PM
aussie69camaro's Avatar
aussie69camaro aussie69camaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 165
Name: Adam
Roadster shop full chassis also takes time, one of my mates put in an order and it took over 12 months to get here which is currently going under a 68 Camaro as we speak. He wished he hadn't gone down that path.
Max 275 tyre is small, Ill be running a 275 on the stock frame rails easy.

I was a the optima challenge last week in Vegas and guys were running 335s on the front, a lot were just running clips/unibody setup still.

Id save the cash and do what you only need for your end goal and nothing more.

Ill be running a speedtech torque arm in the rear. Dont even need chassis connectors as the torque arm does that job.
__________________
1969 Camaro
L98/T56 Combo
Speedtech front end
Baer 6P

Last edited by aussie69camaro; 16-11-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote


Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
  #77  
Old 16-11-2017, 07:03 PM
LS3 HQ's Avatar
LS3 HQ LS3 HQ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth
Posts: 555
Name: Luke
Hey Sean no guru here but I’d go with the new Speedtech front sub with their torque arm rear. Pretty easy install and great quality.

Looks as though you will be replacing your entire floor front to back so your gonna need new frame rails anyway? You can buy a complete floor which has rails/trunk already in place.
__________________
"we won't stop until somebody call the cops and even then we'll just pretend nothing ever happened"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 17-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Booah Booah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 446
Name: Denton
buy a new mustang...................its got heated seats
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 20-11-2017, 03:03 PM
seanj seanj is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 500
Name: Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Currently weighing up big tyres up front myself - even contacted RideTech re: Tru-Turn but can't be used with rack n pinion - tried ignoring the want but if you want to track the car big tyres are certainly king (Just read some Ron Sutton posts to realise how under-cooked my aims can sometimes be )
That settles it then... you'll have to get a new front subframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie69camaro View Post
Roadster shop full chassis also takes time, one of my mates put in an order and it took over 12 months to get here which is currently going under a 68 Camaro as we speak. He wished he hadn't gone down that path.
Max 275 tyre is small, Ill be running a 275 on the stock frame rails easy.

I was a the optima challenge last week in Vegas and guys were running 335s on the front, a lot were just running clips/unibody setup still.

Id save the cash and do what you only need for your end goal and nothing more.

Ill be running a speedtech torque arm in the rear. Dont even need chassis connectors as the torque arm does that job.
That's good to know Adam. The 275 tyre restriction was a bit of a turn off. That's true that most of the Optima and similar event competitors are still running unibodies. Speedtech allows a 315 front tyre section with their Extreme Subframe I think. They even sell pumped out inner fenders to allow fitment.

Also, jelous that you got to go to that event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 HQ View Post
Hey Sean no guru here but I’d go with the new Speedtech front sub with their torque arm rear. Pretty easy install and great quality.

Looks as though you will be replacing your entire floor front to back so your gonna need new frame rails anyway? You can buy a complete floor which has rails/trunk already in place.
Speetech is definitely an option. I just need to do the research on 4 link vs torque arm rear ends...
I didn't realise you could buy the floor pans and rails pre-joined. Which vendor?
You can replace them separately by unpicking the spot welds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booah View Post
buy a new mustang...................its got heated seats
yeah... nah
__________________
1969 Camaro, green/black vinyl. 540 BBC, th400, Holley EFI, 4.10 TrueTrac Dana 60, too much rust and not enough traction.

11.015 @ 111mph
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 21-11-2017, 08:38 AM
aussie69camaro's Avatar
aussie69camaro aussie69camaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 165
Name: Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanj View Post
That settles it then... you'll have to get a new front subframe



That's good to know Adam. The 275 tyre restriction was a bit of a turn off. That's true that most of the Optima and similar event competitors are still running unibodies. Speedtech allows a 315 front tyre section with their Extreme Subframe I think. They even sell pumped out inner fenders to allow fitment.

Also, jelous that you got to go to that event.



Speetech is definitely an option. I just need to do the research on 4 link vs torque arm rear ends...
I didn't realise you could buy the floor pans and rails pre-joined. Which vendor?
You can replace them separately by unpicking the spot welds.



yeah... nah
Give Jay from Speedtech a call man, he is always happy to help with anything. I have been up to see him each year now since I bought some speedtech gear and they are always updating and changing gear whenever I visit the shop.
Its a very affordable way to go as there is so much on the market that will just smash the bank account unnecessarily.
He can also get other stuff from other suppliers and put it all into one shipment for you too which makes things a whole lot easier.
__________________
1969 Camaro
L98/T56 Combo
Speedtech front end
Baer 6P
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger