Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 16-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Name: Adam
Roadster shop full chassis also takes time, one of my mates put in an order and it took over 12 months to get here which is currently going under a 68 Camaro as we speak. He wished he hadn't gone down that path.
Max 275 tyre is small, Ill be running a 275 on the stock frame rails easy.

I was a the optima challenge last week in Vegas and guys were running 335s on the front, a lot were just running clips/unibody setup still.

Id save the cash and do what you only need for your end goal and nothing more.

Ill be running a speedtech torque arm in the rear. Dont even need chassis connectors as the torque arm does that job.
Baer 6P

Last edited by aussie69camaro; 16-11-2017 at 03:04 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 16-11-2017, 07:03 PM

Name: Luke
Hey Sean no guru here but I’d go with the new Speedtech front sub with their torque arm rear. Pretty easy install and great quality.

Looks as though you will be replacing your entire floor front to back so your gonna need new frame rails anyway? You can buy a complete floor which has rails/trunk already in place.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:33 AM

Name: Denton
buy a new mustang...................its got heated seats
Old 20-11-2017, 03:03 PM

Name: Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Currently weighing up big tyres up front myself - even contacted RideTech re: Tru-Turn but can't be used with rack n pinion - tried ignoring the want but if you want to track the car big tyres are certainly king (Just read some Ron Sutton posts to realise how under-cooked my aims can sometimes be )
That settles it then... you'll have to get a new front subframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie69camaro View Post
Roadster shop full chassis also takes time, one of my mates put in an order and it took over 12 months to get here which is currently going under a 68 Camaro as we speak. He wished he hadn't gone down that path.
Max 275 tyre is small, Ill be running a 275 on the stock frame rails easy.

I was a the optima challenge last week in Vegas and guys were running 335s on the front, a lot were just running clips/unibody setup still.

Id save the cash and do what you only need for your end goal and nothing more.

Ill be running a speedtech torque arm in the rear. Dont even need chassis connectors as the torque arm does that job.
That's good to know Adam. The 275 tyre restriction was a bit of a turn off. That's true that most of the Optima and similar event competitors are still running unibodies. Speedtech allows a 315 front tyre section with their Extreme Subframe I think. They even sell pumped out inner fenders to allow fitment.

Also, jelous that you got to go to that event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 HQ View Post
Hey Sean no guru here but I’d go with the new Speedtech front sub with their torque arm rear. Pretty easy install and great quality.

Looks as though you will be replacing your entire floor front to back so your gonna need new frame rails anyway? You can buy a complete floor which has rails/trunk already in place.
Speetech is definitely an option. I just need to do the research on 4 link vs torque arm rear ends...
I didn't realise you could buy the floor pans and rails pre-joined. Which vendor?
You can replace them separately by unpicking the spot welds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booah View Post
buy a new mustang...................its got heated seats
yeah... nah

11.015 @ 111mph
Old 21-11-2017, 08:38 AM

Name: Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanj View Post
That settles it then... you'll have to get a new front subframe

That's good to know Adam. The 275 tyre restriction was a bit of a turn off. That's true that most of the Optima and similar event competitors are still running unibodies. Speedtech allows a 315 front tyre section with their Extreme Subframe I think. They even sell pumped out inner fenders to allow fitment.

Also, jelous that you got to go to that event.

Speetech is definitely an option. I just need to do the research on 4 link vs torque arm rear ends...
I didn't realise you could buy the floor pans and rails pre-joined. Which vendor?
You can replace them separately by unpicking the spot welds.

yeah... nah
Give Jay from Speedtech a call man, he is always happy to help with anything. I have been up to see him each year now since I bought some speedtech gear and they are always updating and changing gear whenever I visit the shop.
Its a very affordable way to go as there is so much on the market that will just smash the bank account unnecessarily.
He can also get other stuff from other suppliers and put it all into one shipment for you too which makes things a whole lot easier.
Baer 6P