Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Technical Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Name: Rodney
I know it has been a long time since I posted on here but I thought I would update now that I have finally found the problem I hope.
I ended up changing out the sender/pick up after running temporary return lines/electric fuel pumps swapping pumps, carbies, regulators, filters numerous times replacing fuel hoses and double clamping all connections.
The pick up/sender unit was brand new with the tank and I can't see any issue with the pick up or the filter but after replacing with a new pick up with filter removed as a last resort the last 4 days of having it out in different conditions and doing numerous 6000-6500 rpm pulls there so far has been no aeration issue causing the fuel to spit out of the bowl vents.
The carby still needs tuning as I can't seem to stop it from running rich on the idle circuit without the engine wanting to stall and I have just recently had the metering blocks modified it has made things a little worse but it will be going back as the guy who is apparently a guru as he thinks there is something else wrong with it, jets are 2 sizes smaller than what it came with air bleeds have been increased from 70 to 75 and still runs rich all round
It won't be going back to him until or next club race day which is just under 2 weeks away as even though the car is running rich it is running very happily and feels very strong, I am expecting a 12.2 @ 112mph with a personal best so far of a 11.9 @ 115mph in really good air which I have not been able to run again.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 27-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Name: Geoff
Rodney,
Two questions:
[1] What are the cam specs & idle vacuum [ if you know it ]
[2] What is the timing at idle.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:18 PM

Name: Rodney
Well I had a good day/evening racing. personal bests of 11.88 and 11.96 but I have lost around 4 to 7 mph and I now have the opposite issue with my car not getting enough fuel which I think is the borrowed pump on it at the moment. I need to put 1 of my own pumps back on it and get out racing again before it gets to hot and hopefully run a 11.6 or even 11.7 and get my mph back up to a 115 or even faster but that might just be wishful thinking.