Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 17-07-2016, 02:38 AM

Name: Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaba View Post
Will be running an electric throttle, just easier.

In regards to the sump ill just use the ATS one designed to fit the speedtech frame, as well as their mounts and headers. Just so it all fits together nicely. No use reinventing the wheel.

PSI conversion do a great stand alone wiring harness for the LS3's which looks like a good plan.

https://www.psiconversion.com/produc.../HAR-1037.html

Will be great to keep the body loom seperate from the engine, and that harness is plug and play, all you need to do is wire an earth, power and ignition wire. Awesome!

Plan is to source a VE HSV setup, so it already has all the accessories, coil-packs, ECU, etc etc. I can deal with a few thousand k's on the motor and gearbox to save thousands in engine accessories required when buying a crate motor

Maybe we need an LS Swap thread
Bolt in pedal bracket for DBW, https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...product_id=163

This uses the CTS-V style, same that comes with e-Rod set up. They can supply DBW with rod welded on to accept your factory pedal.

I have gone this way with PSI harness

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
72 C10 SWB Stepside old skool 350
70 Camaro RS LS3 6 speed

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 17-07-2016, 10:08 AM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Will be running an electric throttle, just easier.

In regards to the sump ill just use the ATS one designed to fit the speedtech frame, as well as their mounts and headers. Just so it all fits together nicely. No use reinventing the wheel.

PSI conversion do a great stand alone wiring harness for the LS3's which looks like a good plan.

https://www.psiconversion.com/produc.../HAR-1037.html

Will be great to keep the body loom seperate from the engine, and that harness is plug and play, all you need to do is wire an earth, power and ignition wire. Awesome!

Plan is to source a VE HSV setup, so it already has all the accessories, coil-packs, ECU, etc etc. I can deal with a few thousand k's on the motor and gearbox to save thousands in engine accessories required when buying a crate motor

Maybe we need an LS Swap thread
Hey Jake, pop over if you like and have a look at my speedtech setup, cars on the hoist so no problem having a good look at the setup.
Old 17-07-2016, 01:20 PM

Name: Jake
Thanks for that 68! Ill have to add it to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy71RS View Post
Hey Jake, pop over if you like and have a look at my speedtech setup, cars on the hoist so no problem having a good look at the setup.
Cheers Chris i'd really appreciate that, i'll PM you.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Name: matt
Let us know if your keen to sell the motor and box mate, I might have some use for it lol dunno what ill put it in but all good haha
Old 30-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Big block sold meaning i can start to order all the new suspension and parts i want for the LS swap. The big block was a bunch of fun but just wasn't quite what i wanted so I'm keen to move on and actually build a car myself.

Deposit taken for motor last night so didnt waste any time, started to strip the car down.

Plan for the car is the speedtech extreme subframe, torque arm, willwood 6/4 piston setup, LS3, TR6060 and all the small pieces to support this. Full rewire of the car, sound deadning etc etc. Exterior will remain the same for now so i can get the car dialed and then pretty it all up with fresh paint and replace any panels

Wheels and tyres looking at 285 / 335 with DSE mini tubs in the rear, unsure of wheels as yet forgelines are awesome but big money!

Stay tuned
Old 31-10-2016, 11:33 AM

Name: Justin
Well done mate - look forward to seeing the updates - should be a staunch build
Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 PM

Bit more of the tear down done, removed the whole interior and started removing all the sound deadner and seam sealer from the floor to check for any rust.

Found one little patch so far in the rear D/S foot well which hopefully isnt too much worse than whats pictured.

The only other area that needs some attention is the very top corner on the P/S, the floor is attached to the sill panels which have been abused on this car, causing the floor to come away from the sill seam when it was bent by a jack, stand etc. So that will need a bit of massaging and welding.

Other than that the floors seem super solid and it has had a new boot floor put in at some stage so its all good.

Will attack it with a wire wheel to bring it all back to bare metal, undercoat, dynamat, underlay and then finally new carpet will go in.

Last edited by Jaba; 07-11-2016 at 10:15 PM..
Old 15-11-2016, 06:23 PM

Does anyone know if anyone in AUS stocks sheetmetal for early camaros? Would like to get a patch panel for the rear floorpan but would rather not go through the pain of air freighting it.
Old 15-11-2016, 08:56 PM

Name: Shaun
https://pontiworld.com.au/usgmsp/pro...2c563e9ee755be
Old 15-11-2016, 09:54 PM

Legend! Thanks Shaun I spent hours looking last night haha.
Old 16-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Motor is finally out and gone!

Also received my fuel system parts from Summit today.

Aeromotive phantom 340 in tank fuel system to suit the carby style ricks tank. And a corvette regulator / fuel filter combo with - 6 fittings on each end.

Super impressed with the quality and finish of the pump system and it is quite a nice unit. The kit includes pre filters, foam baffling to avoid fuel surge and is completely universal as long as your fuel tank is between 5.5" - 11" deep.

This particular single pump model is good for up to 850HP N/A or 700HP FI, which should be plenty for now, if not its quite simple to swap to the dual pump 1200HP units.

Plan is to run braided line from the pump to the regulator, and hardline the rest of the way to the fuel rail.
Old 16-11-2016, 07:39 PM

Name: Justin
Nice choice, been looking at the same range pumps myself - be a bit different without the whirr of an external fuel pump
Old 30-11-2016, 02:21 AM

Name: Luke
Quote:
Does anyone know if anyone in AUS stocks sheetmetal for early camaros? Would like to get a patch panel for the rear floorpan but would rather not go through the pain of air freighting it.
Also check out http://store.allmusclecarparts.com.au

Fantastic service and he always has different stock coming in and heaps ready to ship, I have purchased a number of smaller items from him for a lot less than I can get them sent from the US..
Old 30-11-2016, 08:17 AM

Name: Ryan
Awesome looking car. What alternator are you using?
Old 30-11-2016, 09:36 AM

Name: Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Nice choice, been looking at the same range pumps myself - be a bit different without the whirr of an external fuel pump
Aeromotive make good quality pumps, but I'd be cautious around the baffle/pickup design with the Phantom. It doesn't look like it will handle fuel slosh well. Nothing will kill your fun more on a track than fuel starvation every time you take a corner. Ask me how I know

I would seriously look at the Holley hydromat system. The fact that the trophy trucks are running it is a testament to the fact that it works.

Won't be as much of a concern for Jake if he's not planning on throwing the car around corners

11.015 @ 111mph