Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Name: Darren
Nice

Nice car and nice job on the boot Jake. These silver second gens are getting popular.

Darren

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:15 PM

Name: Jake
Currently in the process of swapping the radiator, however I need a new lower rad hose. Does anyone have a bottom hose to suit a 2nd gen camaro with a BBC? Or know of somewhere i can purchase one in Perth?
Old 07-04-2016, 01:36 PM

Name: Justin
Yeah, I am lovin this 2nd gen - nice score Jake
Seems like you're pretty handy with the skills too - nice work
Hopefully see you and car in person this Sunday at the Camaro cruise
Old 07-04-2016, 04:38 PM

Name: Kevin
I used a XF 6 cylinder hose
Old 07-04-2016, 09:43 PM

Name: Alan
Nice Gen2 mate....very tidy...
Love the boot panels.....
Love to do mine,...but need all the room I can get

1969 Camaro Z28
TUF69Z
AAA-Photography.smugmug.com
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaba View Post
Currently in the process of swapping the radiator, however I need a new lower rad hose. Does anyone have a bottom hose to suit a 2nd gen camaro with a BBC? Or know of somewhere i can purchase one in Perth?
I should have one

Cheers Chris

"It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"
Old 08-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMBO View Post
I used a XF 6 cylinder hose
Pic would be great......fitted

PS:I bought a couple of hoses that were suggested to me by guys with 2nd gen Cameros.

Gates 21034
Old 26-04-2016, 07:39 PM

Cheers guys, sorted the hoses out!

Radiator is in and running nice and cool now. Haven't had the chance to take it for a decent drive yet due to this lovely weather we're having in Perth.

The overflow tank was held on to the car with an ugly bracket so i had threads welded into the radiator to neaten that up.

Made some little brackets up to hold the radiator for now, will get one long piece made in the same sheet to act as a shroud and bracket all in one.

Also re did a lot of the wiring in the engine bay and installed a little fuse / relay box to neaten it all up. Each relay had an individual power and earth run from the battery and it was just a birdsnest near the passenger headlight.

Old:

Removed:

New:

Still is a bit of a mess down there due to where it is and the addition of a thematic switch to run the thermos really messes it all up. Still quite happy with it all though as it's cleaned up the bay a heap and hasnt burn the car to the ground yet. ( first time meddling with auto electrics )

Praying for some nice weather this week to put some k's on it!
Old 26-04-2016, 08:28 PM

Nice job Jake��
Old 27-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Looking good Jake !

"It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"
Old 27-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Name: Greg
Not bad Baldy, see you soon mate. Next time you come up, bring it with you.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:10 PM

Name: Paul
Quote:
Look up the Dayco part number you need on Summit or the Dayco website and then get it through Repco. Thats what I did when I swapped my radiator out for a new bigger aluminium one.
Old 16-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Hey guys, looking at going a bit crazy on the Camaro soon, specifically throwing the whole speedtech parts catalogue at it

Looking into the extreme subframe, torque arm rear, C6 Z06 brakes and a set of wheels to run a 295 / 335 tyre combo.

Unfortunately the subframe isnt designed to fit a BBC so i'm looking to turf it in favour of an LS3 and TR6060 6 speed.

I've always wanted something to really hammer around a track so the LS seems like a great choice, also something i'm familiar with from past cars.

I just have a couple of questions with the LS swap, mainly the fuel system and pedal setup.

Can i retain the current 'carby' fuel tank i have now and get it modified to suit an in tank pump like a standard commodore / corvette / ctsv ?
Or are they just worlds apart in internal design?

And those who have done an LS / manual swap, what pedals are you using?

I was thinking about just using the entire pedal and clutch / brake setup from a VE / VF LS3 car, I would like to retain the booster setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, help me spend my money
Old 16-07-2016, 10:20 PM

Name: Justin
Quote:
Hey guys, looking at going a bit crazy on the Camaro soon, specifically throwing the whole speedtech parts catalogue at it

Looking into the extreme subframe, torque arm rear, C6 Z06 brakes and a set of wheels to run a 295 / 335 tyre combo.

Unfortunately the subframe isnt designed to fit a BBC so i'm looking to turf it in favour of an LS3 and TR6060 6 speed.

I've always wanted something to really hammer around a track so the LS seems like a great choice, also something i'm familiar with from past cars.

I just have a couple of questions with the LS swap, mainly the fuel system and pedal setup.

Can i retain the current 'carby' fuel tank i have now and get it modified to suit an in tank pump like a standard commodore / corvette / ctsv ?
Or are they just worlds apart in internal design?

And those who have done an LS / manual swap, what pedals are you using?

I was thinking about just using the entire pedal and clutch / brake setup from a VE / VF LS3 car, I would like to retain the booster setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, help me spend my money
Just so you know, the new SpeedTech eXtreme Sub should allow a 315 up front if you're keen I know this, because it's on my radar - although not immediate radar
(hopefully next year radar )
LS3 will need 'fly-by-wire' pedal, however I know locally the Staltari boys have been retrofitting cable setups a bit lately - also different sump required
Plus you want the whole ECU & harness setup - or standalone setup (LS3 crate motors not too bad value at the moment - or buy a runner and rebuild as stroker)
Stu -"PRO-69R" is getting his tank modded by Stainless Fab to accept EFI in-tank pump (I think) - maybe wait to get some feedback
Am discovering a lot of info myself lately - happy to share my findings
Old 16-07-2016, 10:47 PM

Will be running an electric throttle, just easier.

In regards to the sump ill just use the ATS one designed to fit the speedtech frame, as well as their mounts and headers. Just so it all fits together nicely. No use reinventing the wheel.

PSI conversion do a great stand alone wiring harness for the LS3's which looks like a good plan.

https://www.psiconversion.com/produc.../HAR-1037.html

Will be great to keep the body loom seperate from the engine, and that harness is plug and play, all you need to do is wire an earth, power and ignition wire. Awesome!

Plan is to source a VE HSV setup, so it already has all the accessories, coil-packs, ECU, etc etc. I can deal with a few thousand k's on the motor and gearbox to save thousands in engine accessories required when buying a crate motor

Maybe we need an LS Swap thread

Last edited by Jaba; 16-07-2016 at 10:49 PM..