Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 04-10-2016, 07:37 PM

Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
I'm a big fan of the bumblebee stripe - mine had it when I first bought it and initially had plans to retain it - until the crazy rebuild monster inside my head took over the build - looks like you may have met him too Justin - loving the build pics - keep em up
Yeah, not as intense as you though.

I don't feel like I own it until I pull it too pieces and put it back together.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Haven't posted anything for a while since work and life has been a bit full on, but have had a chance to do a bit lately. I recently bought tyres and finally but the girl back on planet earth. Very happy with the fit. Federal Super Steel 245 x 45 x 17 up front and 275 x 40 x 17 on the rear. Same as stock rolling diameter and everything fits without the engine in yet.
Name:  AW1A7068.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  172.9 KB

Name:  AW1A7083.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  188.4 KB

Name:  AW1A7073.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  AW1A7076.jpg
Size:  147.3 KB

Name:  AW1A7078.jpg
Size:  195.8 KB

Name:  AW1A7080.jpg
Size:  179.7 KB
Old 09-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Bought a proper flaring tool online and did all the brake lines. Using a one inch master cylinder with booster. Contemplated hydroboost, but wanted to go down this route first. I also wondered what happens if in an engine failure, how a hydroboost would provide boost in that situation. If I don't have enough vacuum with this setup, I can always add a pump. I've always thought the brakes may take a bit of tinkering once it's running.

Name:  IMG_4142.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  113.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4567.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  81.9 KB
Old 09-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
Bought a proper flaring tool online and did all the brake lines. Using a one inch master cylinder with booster. Contemplated hydroboost, but wanted to go down this route first. I also wondered what happens if in an engine failure, how a hydroboost would provide boost in that situation. If I don't have enough vacuum with this setup, I can always add a pump. I've always thought the brakes may take a bit of tinkering once it's running.

Attachment 34449

Attachment 34450
I have no idea why that top pic is sideways.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:06 PM

Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz View Post

Attachment 34449

Attachment 34450
Looking good mate,

Pretty sure hyrdoboost has a accumulator setup that stores a bit of pressure in case of engine/pump failure. Much like a regular vacuum brake booster if your engine dies u get a few good pumps of the brakes before it goes back to "non-boosted" brakes.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:36 PM

Name: Chris
Usually good for one solid pump or 2 at most if it loses oil pressure. Either way it just reduces it down to manual braking, you just have to step on it harder