Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Technical Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Name: Marc
New Fuel Tank Vent

Hey gang,

I am in the middle of fabricating a new alloy "drop" tank style fuel tank (bit bigger than the old 60l version) and i have noticed upon removal of my old tank that there is no vent line present.

Doing some research says that the vent tube used to run out of the fuel sender along with the fuel feed line, but mine has had a -8 bulkhead fitting welded into the side of the tank and an after market sender fitted with no vent tube or charcoal canister type setup.

Name:  IMAG2291.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  267.6 KB

After a while of driving and getting warm i do get quite the gush of air escaping from the tank and also seems like the fuel is almost boiling it is getting that hot. I have a vented fuel cap but obviously that just lets air into the tank to allow for fuel leaving the tank. Since i had my tank out i have fitted a -4 bulkhead at the very top of the tank with some hose that travels up the frame rail on has a breather attached on the end.

My question is; has anyone fitted an after market type fuel system with a vent setup (like the "II much" style) and does anyone in Australia stock/make anything like it??

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  67.2 KB

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 16-08-2017, 10:35 PM

Name: Sean
Yep, used a bulkhead style II Much fabrication vent on mine. Nice piece, does exactly what it needs to do. bought if off Summit Racing

http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/sho...t=9016&page=11

11.015 @ 111mph
Old 17-08-2017, 10:51 AM

Name: Justin
I was going to get one too for fuel and diff. Just curious as to what happens if, in worst case scenario, the car end upside down? Will it fill the boot with fuel?

and is there any smell in the car?
Old 17-08-2017, 11:50 AM

Name: Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
I was going to get one too for fuel and diff. Just curious as to what happens if, in worst case scenario, the car end upside down? Will it fill the boot with fuel?

and is there any smell in the car?
nah, it's not possibly for fuel to leak into the boot from the vent in a rollover. I used teflon lined braided lines, it doesn't leach. No smell.

Use a rollover valve (easily attainable AN fitting) in-line to the vent to prevent any spillage outside the car in the event of a rollover.

11.015 @ 111mph