Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Technical Discussion
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Juzz's Avatar
Juzz Juzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: QLD
Posts: 282
Name: Justin
Which clutch

So, I ordered a ceramic clutch with my T56 magnum and wondered if it was the right decision, not having used a ceramic clutch before. Are they on or off is my main question. Anybody got one and got used too it, or didn't get used to it and got rid of it. I'm trying to make the right decision the first time, which is almost impossible on a full build. Not sure what else to use with with the torque of a 502.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote


Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
  #2  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Intruder Intruder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Posts: 862
Name: Kev
Competition Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
So, I ordered a ceramic clutch with my T56 magnum and wondered if it was the right decision, not having used a ceramic clutch before. Are they on or off is my main question. Anybody got one and got used too it, or didn't get used to it and got rid of it. I'm trying to make the right decision the first time, which is almost impossible on a full build. Not sure what else to use with with the torque of a 502.

Cheers.
Contact Ivan at Competition Clutches, he is a nice bloke and will be able to help you with any of your questions, he just fitted a twin plate into his VE LS engined work ute and the pedal is easier than standard but will handle heaps of torque.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r..._vsTrK6TrChfOA

https://www.facebook.com/www.competitionclutch.com.au/#
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:59 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 3,954
Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder View Post
he just fitted a twin plate into his VE LS engined work ute and the pedal is easier than standard but will handle heaps of torque.
Similar deal here Kev, my twin plate is as light as the clutch in my missus's Nissan
__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Intruder Intruder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Posts: 862
Name: Kev
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Similar deal here Kev, my twin plate is as light as the clutch in my missus's Nissan
Nice, it's amazing how far technology can go, apparently it is where the fulcrum ring is placed on the fingers of the diaphragm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger