Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2017, 08:02 PM

Name: Jordie
Success with the 67 impala dash template in RHD.. just need one more size

Hi everyone, as per my pervious post I'm in Australia and have an Aussie built 67 impala.. I prefer the American dash style in the 67 impala over the one that was standard in the Aussie built one (which is the same dash as the American 65 impala).

I searched everywhere to try and find someone to make the dash to suit a RHD impala but no one was interested..

I have successfully made a RHD dash template for the 67 impala American style up until the glove box area (my glove box door will arrive in 3 three weeks) I just need to know the height of the long trim piece above the glove box in the 67 caprice (most of them are advertised as) ..

Hopefully when it's done I can sell people affordable American 67 impala dashes in RHD so they don't have to go through the struggle I've been through lol..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:25 PM

Name: Russ

You should do the courtesy of posting pictures of the piece you're referring to. There's less than a handful of LHD Impala/Caprice owners here. If you want them - or even other forum members - to take time out of their day, do the right thing and give them examples of what they're after. Leave out the guess work.

I've seen your posts over on ChevyTalk - same thing. If you put in the thought and effort, you'll get the responses you desire.

With that said, this conversion has been talked about before, and after a little research I never understood why this was so difficult. Costly, sure, but not hard.

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...
Old 10-07-2017, 10:31 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to upload pictures, which sucks heaps, otherwise I would of uploaded them from the start.. not sure what's going on but when I select a photo it says it's the wrong format.. I don't have desktop access only from my iPhone so that's probably the issue..

I have literally spent 3 hours doing the drivers side part of the template, wasn't that hard at all! I think another 2 hours and she'll be done (it's just finding the time)..

I will definitely find access to a desktop when it's finished and upload pictures ����
Old 12-07-2017, 10:44 AM

For some reason my iPhone won't let me upload photos and I don't have access to a desktop otherwise i would of..

Anyone with an American built 67 impala should know instantly from reading what the trim above the glove box is but yeah I can agree with you that photos would make it so much easier..

When I have finished the dash I will use a mates desktop and upload photos and keep the template so anyone who wants the American style dash for the 67 impala in RHD in Australia can contact me and I'll be able to help them out at a decent price..