Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 25-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Name: Disco
name and shame them I say, there is to many crooks out there willing to take your money and not do the job probably. screw them!

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 25-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Name: Steve
Tonight on HUNCH...

I've said it before.. I'll say it again..
SHAME SHAME SHAME..
Old 25-02-2015, 06:01 PM

Name: Jase
Send a message via MSN to chevval
Just my thoughts, maybe Glen is forking out stupid amounts in legal fees for no gain at all BUT, could possibly doing it simply out of principle to expose shonky practises. However I do agree that a little research and talk to like minded plp like us to get an idea of which direction to go when paying for big dollar items. My 2c done and dusted .....good luck!!
Old 25-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Name: Stuart
Fair enough, but just remember not all customers are angels either. I had some nasty things tried to be pulled on me when I was in business.
Old 25-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Name: Brett
Really sorry to hear about your situation Glen and hope you get some form of restitution or satisfaction and believe your totally doing the right thing by naming and shaming these scumbag pr1cks, too easy for these maggots to get away with it but by outing them hopefully it stops some other poor bugger from getting ripped off.
Old 25-02-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevval View Post
Just my thoughts, maybe Glen is forking out stupid amounts in legal fees for no gain at all BUT, could possibly doing it simply out of principle to expose shonky practises. However I do agree that a little research and talk to like minded plp like us to get an idea of which direction to go when paying for big dollar items. My 2c done and dusted .....good luck!!
Out of principle...

I'd rather not lose an extra 250,000 on top of the 55,000. Thats 300,000 down the drain when it could have just been 55,000 and leave it be.

Dunno, I stand all for principle, but some rubbish is better left without me adding more $$$ into. Just makes it stink worse
Old 25-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
Out of principle...

I'd rather not lose an extra 250,000 on top of the 55,000. Thats 300,000 down the drain when it could have just been 55,000 and leave it be.

Dunno, I stand all for principle, but some rubbish is better left without me adding more $$$ into. Just makes it stink worse
Did Glen spend your cash on his project

Last edited by rodent; 25-02-2015 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: sorry, had to edit incase someone thought i was serious :D
Old 25-02-2015, 09:13 PM

Name: Scotty
Once a deal goes bad like this one I would not want the guy finishing my engine.
Over $200000 would pay for a good standover man to give him a few attention getters
Old 25-02-2015, 09:31 PM

Name: Matt
I'm sorry to hear about your NRE experience Glen and thanks for posting your experiences on here. Hopefully it will help someone else and stop them from doing the same thing. Unfortunately for me, that would be an impossibility as I could never afford anything near a $55k engine.....damn it!!
Old 26-02-2015, 09:03 AM

Name: Ash
I know a bloke with a few Nelson engines.

from a while ago though so business may have gotten too big with all the publicity he does..... too big too soon makes for a tough time in filling orders and management of funds.

out of principle, I would probably fight it too, but with plane tickets and a friggen huge buddy going with me!!

on that note, I wish I had 55k to lose, never mind bloody 240k.

some people have more money than brains.
Old 26-02-2015, 09:20 AM

Name: Dave
Sorry to hear about your issue Glen, I hope you some sort of closure out of it…. But most of all thanks for posting this, I think that this type of post is a very important public service..

A while ago I was at a big car show here in Melbourne & I was admiring some shiny parts that I could use with both my project cars, the vendor in question had the specific parts for both my cars on display right in front of me & was willing to do a nice show deal to save him shipping them home, they were a well-known brand & they ran big ads in a big car mag here & I was just about to part with my hard earned when I quickly googled their name & found quite a few threads on car forums detailing the poor quality & bad customer service that the majority of people seemed to have experienced, couldn’t find one positive post… so I walked away & I’m grateful of the guys who posted their experiences with said vendors’ products as a caution for us all

1969 Pontiac GTO - GM Weekend Toy
1972 Dodge Challenger Sixpack R/T Clone- Mopar Weekend Toy
1975 Ford XB Fairmont GS Coupe - Ford Weekend Toy
1975 Ford XB Falcon 500 Coupe - Undecided Project
4.2 Supercharged V8 RangeRover Sport - Daily driver
Old 26-02-2015, 12:09 PM

Name: Pete
As my father used to say...

There are only 2 things you pay in advance for, Hookers and Lawyers, and both screw you in the end.

I've been through some big resto's of my cars the last 2 years, and usually, I find the paint guys to be reasonable. I ask them for a price providing there are no major hiccups, and give them 1/3rd up front, 1/3rd before they put the color on, and 1/3rd on pickup.

I have done this with 3 different painters, and all have been quite happy with it.

I do realise though with a motor getting built in the US its hard to see the progress.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 26-02-2015, 05:41 PM

Name: Stuart
Yeah, done a great service for the multitude of people lining up to buy $50k engine combos.
Generally people spending that kind of coin are in the know.
Old 27-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Name: Glen
Send a message via Skype™ to giocattolo03
Hey Guys,
Some interesting responses to the thread, I'll try and answer some of the feedback.
Firstly to the comment I'm some young guy looking at a website of things I can't afford so actively sledging them.
I'm a 48 year old bloke who probably spends way too much of his money on cars and definitely not jealous of anyone doing well. In fact hope people do well so hopefully buy one of our houses!

Payment of the engine combo. Following the order Sept12 payment was made in five installments, four being $10k US per month Oct 12, Nov12, Dec12, Jan13 the a balance payment of 15,750 US expecting a Mar13 delivery, a 6 month build time by then.
By the last day of Sep13 there was no delivery and on Oct13 the order was cancelled with a demand for a refund of funds paid.
As to a dispute, on Oct13 in a phone conversation with Tom where he realised I was not going to wear his BS anymore and wanted my money back Tom told me"Get F...d, we deliver when we deliver and we don't refund"
The love affair with Tom & NRE was well over. a little more than a dispute by this stage. Further Tom's comment of "your half way round the world in Aus what are you going to do?" probably inflamed an already hostile situation.

Some have questioned my sanity by ending up $240k US into this (that includes the original $55,750 for the engine)
Once told by Tom to Get F...D I approached a lawyer in California to try and recover my money and started in the US legal system. I then began a slow bleed of cash. This is a system designed around screwing every dollar out of people and I found myself in a position of "your screwed if you do and your screwed if you dont".
By the time you work this out you are in a position of great financial cost no matter what. So I decided to finish what I started.
Was I nuts? maybe, I'm sure there is always those that have an opinion after the fact however I'm' just a bloke that wanted what he paid for. I am not wealthy (Less for this episode)and started chasing someone with a black belt in lies and deceit and tries to draw everything out so you'll give up and he'll win.
If out of all this I stop someone from having the same experience as me I'll maybe achieved something for a large investment of time, money and emotion.

As to old mate in a post above saying there are good engine builders in Australia, Very true. Robby Abbott of Abbott Race Engines in Southport has built the engines for my other toys and currently has the two sprint car engines for the Challenger as I have now decided to go in this direction with the build. I highly rate his ability.
Old 27-02-2015, 10:50 AM

Name: Chris
Glen, good luck. Lots of us have spent large coin in the US. Most have been looked after the odd ones screwed. I know plenty who bought from Prodigy (inc me) that turned out OK and others that still are underwater.

Bottom line, if I got screwed out of $55K, I would go legal to. Principle if nothing else. Thieves should not get away scot free.

Sucks you are more underwater now than at the start, but as long as you get some emotional victory it's worth the $240K. Would be great to see NRE go through some time pain if nothing else