Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 30-04-2018, 05:52 PM

4link install....need to find someone to install Eastern/SE Suburbs VIC

Hi guys,

As per some of my other posts, I am currently looking to install Ridetech 4-link suspension on the rear of my 1968 Camaro.

I had one guy all sorted for the work, but he is suddenly no longer in business, so I now need to go through the whole process again.

There is a small amount of welding required - essentially 4x pre-cut brackets need to be welded to the diff via a supplied jig. Otherwise the kit is a bolt-on job.

Can anyone suggest a shop or suitably qualified person that does this sort of work and can install this for me?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Shan

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 30-04-2018, 06:37 PM

4 link

I installed a air ride 4 link in my 68 not that hard. I used nutserts to secure the cradle to the chassis. I also fitted crush tubes in the chassis where the cradle bolts went through chassis.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:21 AM

Name: Alan
Check with your engineer how they want the cradle attached to the car,..the tags that weld t the diff arent real hard,...especially if someones got a TIG welder.

Id even do it at home n tack the brackets then pull the diff out n take it to a welder who does race cars, theyre pretty versed in welding brackets to diffs

1969 Camaro Z28 TUF69Z
1964 F100 SWB 64 EFFY

AAA-Photography.smugmug.com
Old 01-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Yeah - I know it is not a difficult install as far as things go.

I'll be candid - I do not have the facilities to get it done and added to that I am a little time poor as well.

Remove leaf suspension, drop diff, weld tabs with jig, measure/drill rails and bolt the kit together....

Not that complex, BUT I am on my own - no helpers - and I do not have a hoist. My back isn't top-notch, so I am not crawling around under my car for long periods trying to pull a diff around.

If I stuff my back again - wife will shoot me. Got two kids under 4, and a hubby who can't bend over to pickup a toddler ain't much help.

Happy wife, happy life.

Off I go to the man with the hoist and tig welder.

Suggestions for good place still appreciated. : )
Old 01-05-2018, 02:52 PM

Name: Ben
Could try All Race Fabrication in Hallam, they can do this work easy, Engineering will be your issue.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Hi Benny,

Thanks for that. I have been in conversations with guy in Croydon over the last couple of days - Darren @ Trikfab.

http://www.trikfab.com.au/

he is responsive, communicates well and so far he seems like a really solid guy. He is a little closer to me (Ringwood), so will give him a go.

Very grateful for the recommendation though - will keep the Hallam mob in mind.

Engineering? Yep. I have another thread running about that - another story in itself.

Darren @ Trikfab said he was dealing with an engineer currently who seemed very reasonable. May try to get the details of this engineer and update in my other post.

Cheers,
Shan