Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28-06-2017, 09:42 PM

Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
I'll check with Adam about the tunnel as he did the commo driveline conversion and from memory he didn't have to change accessories or tunnel, I think.
Adam's running a T56 (smaller than TR6060) so he didn't have to cut up his tunnel .. I know this as I now have his trans tunnel cover
(Although there's only a poofteenth of touching going on with my TR6060 - If I hadn't already gutted the interior I'd probably just use some ball-pein enhancement )

However, it handles the abuse well, and most of the drift boys favour the T56 (again, because it's smaller) and I'm sure they yield no quarter when hitting the blackstuff

Last edited by Stealth 69; 28-06-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: adding extra dribble ;)

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 28-06-2017, 10:24 PM

Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Adam's running a T56 (smaller than TR6060) so he didn't have to cut up his tunnel .. I know this as I now have his trans tunnel cover
(Although there's only a poofteenth of touching going on with my TR6060 - If I hadn't already gutted the interior I'd probably just use some ball-pein enhancement )

However, it handles the abuse well, and most of the drift boys favour the T56 (again, because it's smaller) and I'm sure they yield no quarter when hitting the blackstuff
Haha fair enough. So he has LS1 combo in then. I am pretty good with a hammer. If yours still almost fits with that much setback I'm sure it could be shoehorned with out removing the whole tunnel. *insert research here*

Last edited by D4RKSIDE; 28-06-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Old 29-06-2017, 08:18 AM

Name: Justin
Quote:
Haha fair enough. So he has LS1 combo in then. I am pretty good with a hammer. If yours still almost fits with that much setback I'm sure it could be shoehorned with out removing the whole tunnel. *insert research here*
Nope, he's running an L98 - am sure he'll chime in soon enough, I think he said makes a lazy 550hp?

I reckon a TR6060 will fit with 'light' massaging .. actually I think Stu said his T56 Magnum (same box) went in with no tunnel mods
Old 29-06-2017, 10:29 PM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Nice Oldsmobile in your avatar

UGH
I don't get it...
Old 30-06-2017, 09:02 AM

Name: Adam
Mine is L98/T56 combo
Tunnel needs massaging, I just smashed it where it needed with a sledge hammer, you cant see it anyway so who cares what it looks like.
Speedtech LS/T56 install kit pushes the T56 quite high in the tunnel so you need to cut the top of the tunnel out, they provide a top piece to weld in afterwards.
Driveshaft is easy as, used the old one and got it shortened by Phill at final drive, cost me $300
You can hide everything under the dash like coil packs and PCM etc....just wiring needs to be lengthened or shortened
Its an easy swap just takes time.
Best idea is to buy a whole donor car, strip it of everything you need and part out the rest later on once you have finished and make some cash back
T56 is plenty for your needs, they can take the abuse, screw the magnum, overpriced boat anchor, you can get much better gearboxes for the price you pay for them.
Baer 6P
Old 30-06-2017, 04:36 PM

Thanks Adam,

So you only claimed the engine from the commo and got a tremec aftermarket gearbox with slip yoke?

We have 3 cars already, not sure the missus would appreciate a dirty commo out the front. haha

I hear you're pushing good numbers, feel free to PM your cam selection .
Old 30-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Name: Adam
Quote:
Thanks Adam,

So you only claimed the engine from the commo and got a tremec aftermarket gearbox with slip yoke?

We have 3 cars already, not sure the missus would appreciate a dirty commo out the front. haha

I hear you're pushing good numbers, feel free to PM your cam selection .
Engine & gearbox from my old ute
Engine was a transplant though as I sold off the LS1 for the L98
Cam is a Comp grind from GM Motorsport over east 232 234 @ 112 which pumps out a solid 440 rwhp and a heap of torque

Having a donor car helps as you can then use all the wiring, clutch master, fuel sender, radiator and fans (stock commo rads & fans are good)

I had a Muncie in my Camaro and that gearbox and T56 is same spline output shaft so just had it shortened as T56 is longer
but just use the slip yoke from the donor and mate you existing and the donor shaft together

there is probs plenty more info, but its cheap and easy to do and get bulk power, so no brainer
Baer 6P
Old 30-06-2017, 06:46 PM

Name: Russ
Quote:
Thanks Adam,

Just so you know, the T56 you could get in a Holden and the T56 Magnum are two different transmissions. Unfortunately, a lot of people get them mixed up when talking about them, so be careful.

T56 - This is the predecessor to the current TR6060. Was used by Holden up to about 2007/2008.

TR6060 - Current 6 speed behind Holden LS's.

T56 Magnum / Magnum XL - These are the consumer versions of the TR6060.

All are 6 speeds.

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...

Last edited by Russ; 30-06-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 AM

Awesome thanks again. Adam. I have a hydro clutch now so already have some parts that can be reused. Like my McLeod master as u mentioned.

Thanks for the clarity Russ, I'm aware of most of that but was confused by Adams setup up as it was bit of a mix and match.

So a Commo t56 has slip yoke? Maybe I should get an ls1 driveline for peanuts and stroke it?... I'll put it on the options list..

Still trying to deal with the dilemma of not being able to stare at my car while driving it.
Better to build to a budget than not at all.
Youtube Channel: Shift Happens
Instagram: Shift Happens
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Name: Denton
Quote:

So a Commo t56 has slip yoke? Maybe I should get an ls1 driveline for peanuts and stroke it?... I'll put it on the options list..
So is it just me or is every Camaro here (except for Adam and Russ, as far as I know) under going upgrades, rebuilds etc just because a Mustang stayed off the grass and took out the autocross section of the last ApocaLaps......must just be a coincidence. .......... resorting to commodores now too..........
Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Name: Nathan
Quote:
Awesome thanks again. Adam. I have a hydro clutch now so already have some parts that can be reused. Like my McLeod master as u mentioned.

Thanks for the clarity Russ, I'm aware of most of that but was confused by Adams setup up as it was bit of a mix and match.

That McLeod master setup gives handy clearance for the booster as well. Got mine in then had a vy booster/master fitted up. Wouldn't have fit without the McLeod setup thanks to the angle it's at
Old 01-07-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booah View Post
So is it just me or is every Camaro here (except for Adam and Russ, as far as I know) under going upgrades, rebuilds etc just because a Mustang stayed off the grass and took out the autocross section of the last ApocaLaps......must just be a coincidence. .......... resorting to commodores now too..........
We chose to improve our cars rather than hire a young trained driver to drive our cars for us
Old 01-07-2017, 07:35 PM

Name: Jeremy
The 455 is getting kicked out for a boosted iron block gen III 5.3 LS with gen IV internals. Going to get hate from the Olds community but in the end, it's my car. The hardest part for me is working out what gearbox to use
Old 01-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Yeah seen a few of them coming up on the tree. Haters gonna hate. But they'd be more stoked people than not when you show a boosted Setup.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:16 PM

Name: Jim
The OP will end up re-ringing his current turder........end of thread