Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 28-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Stealth 69's Avatar
Stealth 69 Stealth 69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,255
Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
I'll check with Adam about the tunnel as he did the commo driveline conversion and from memory he didn't have to change accessories or tunnel, I think.
Adam's running a T56 (smaller than TR6060) so he didn't have to cut up his tunnel .. I know this as I now have his trans tunnel cover
(Although there's only a poofteenth of touching going on with my TR6060 - If I hadn't already gutted the interior I'd probably just use some ball-pein enhancement )

However, it handles the abuse well, and most of the drift boys favour the T56 (again, because it's smaller) and I'm sure they yield no quarter when hitting the blackstuff
__________________
.. my build upgrade is consuming me

Last edited by Stealth 69; 28-06-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: adding extra dribble ;)
Reply With Quote


Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
  #32  
Old 28-06-2017, 10:24 PM
D4RKSIDE's Avatar
D4RKSIDE D4RKSIDE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 795
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Adam's running a T56 (smaller than TR6060) so he didn't have to cut up his tunnel .. I know this as I now have his trans tunnel cover
(Although there's only a poofteenth of touching going on with my TR6060 - If I hadn't already gutted the interior I'd probably just use some ball-pein enhancement )

However, it handles the abuse well, and most of the drift boys favour the T56 (again, because it's smaller) and I'm sure they yield no quarter when hitting the blackstuff
Haha fair enough. So he has LS1 combo in then. I am pretty good with a hammer. If yours still almost fits with that much setback I'm sure it could be shoehorned with out removing the whole tunnel. *insert research here*

Last edited by D4RKSIDE; 28-06-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 29-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Stealth 69's Avatar
Stealth 69 Stealth 69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,255
Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Haha fair enough. So he has LS1 combo in then. I am pretty good with a hammer. If yours still almost fits with that much setback I'm sure it could be shoehorned with out removing the whole tunnel. *insert research here*
Nope, he's running an L98 - am sure he'll chime in soon enough, I think he said makes a lazy 550hp?

I reckon a TR6060 will fit with 'light' massaging .. actually I think Stu said his T56 Magnum (same box) went in with no tunnel mods
__________________
.. my build upgrade is consuming me
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 29-06-2017, 10:29 PM
bonnevista's Avatar
bonnevista bonnevista is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 712
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Nice Oldsmobile in your avatar




UGH
I don't get it...
__________________
I had a great childhood, I just didn't think it would last this long.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 30-06-2017, 09:02 AM
aussie69camaro's Avatar
aussie69camaro aussie69camaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 165
Name: Adam
Mine is L98/T56 combo
Tunnel needs massaging, I just smashed it where it needed with a sledge hammer, you cant see it anyway so who cares what it looks like.
Speedtech LS/T56 install kit pushes the T56 quite high in the tunnel so you need to cut the top of the tunnel out, they provide a top piece to weld in afterwards.
Driveshaft is easy as, used the old one and got it shortened by Phill at final drive, cost me $300
You can hide everything under the dash like coil packs and PCM etc....just wiring needs to be lengthened or shortened
Its an easy swap just takes time.
Best idea is to buy a whole donor car, strip it of everything you need and part out the rest later on once you have finished and make some cash back
T56 is plenty for your needs, they can take the abuse, screw the magnum, overpriced boat anchor, you can get much better gearboxes for the price you pay for them.
__________________
1969 Camaro
L98/T56 Combo
Speedtech front end
Baer 6P
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 30-06-2017, 04:36 PM
D4RKSIDE's Avatar
D4RKSIDE D4RKSIDE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 795
Name: Tom
Thanks Adam,

So you only claimed the engine from the commo and got a tremec aftermarket gearbox with slip yoke?

We have 3 cars already, not sure the missus would appreciate a dirty commo out the front. haha

I hear you're pushing good numbers, feel free to PM your cam selection .
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 30-06-2017, 05:46 PM
aussie69camaro's Avatar
aussie69camaro aussie69camaro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 165
Name: Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Thanks Adam,

So you only claimed the engine from the commo and got a tremec aftermarket gearbox with slip yoke?

We have 3 cars already, not sure the missus would appreciate a dirty commo out the front. haha

I hear you're pushing good numbers, feel free to PM your cam selection .
Engine & gearbox from my old ute
Engine was a transplant though as I sold off the LS1 for the L98
Cam is a Comp grind from GM Motorsport over east 232 234 @ 112 which pumps out a solid 440 rwhp and a heap of torque

Having a donor car helps as you can then use all the wiring, clutch master, fuel sender, radiator and fans (stock commo rads & fans are good)

I had a Muncie in my Camaro and that gearbox and T56 is same spline output shaft so just had it shortened as T56 is longer
but just use the slip yoke from the donor and mate you existing and the donor shaft together

there is probs plenty more info, but its cheap and easy to do and get bulk power, so no brainer
__________________
1969 Camaro
L98/T56 Combo
Speedtech front end
Baer 6P
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 30-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Russ's Avatar
Russ Russ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Coast, NSW
Posts: 2,788
Name: Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Thanks Adam,

So you only claimed the engine from the commo and got a tremec aftermarket gearbox with slip yoke?
.

Just so you know, the T56 you could get in a Holden and the T56 Magnum are two different transmissions. Unfortunately, a lot of people get them mixed up when talking about them, so be careful.

T56 - This is the predecessor to the current TR6060. Was used by Holden up to about 2007/2008.

TR6060 - Current 6 speed behind Holden LS's.

T56 Magnum / Magnum XL - These are the consumer versions of the TR6060.

All are 6 speeds.
__________________
~ Russ

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...

Last edited by Russ; 30-06-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 AM
D4RKSIDE's Avatar
D4RKSIDE D4RKSIDE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 795
Name: Tom
Awesome thanks again. Adam. I have a hydro clutch now so already have some parts that can be reused. Like my McLeod master as u mentioned.

Thanks for the clarity Russ, I'm aware of most of that but was confused by Adams setup up as it was bit of a mix and match.

So a Commo t56 has slip yoke? Maybe I should get an ls1 driveline for peanuts and stroke it?... I'll put it on the options list..
__________________

Still trying to deal with the dilemma of not being able to stare at my car while driving it.
Better to build to a budget than not at all.
Youtube Channel: Shift Happens
Instagram: Shift Happens
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Booah Booah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 446
Name: Denton
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post

So a Commo t56 has slip yoke? Maybe I should get an ls1 driveline for peanuts and stroke it?... I'll put it on the options list..
So is it just me or is every Camaro here (except for Adam and Russ, as far as I know) under going upgrades, rebuilds etc just because a Mustang stayed off the grass and took out the autocross section of the last ApocaLaps......must just be a coincidence. .......... resorting to commodores now too..........
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Gambit's Avatar
Gambit Gambit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hunter valley
Posts: 515
Name: Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Awesome thanks again. Adam. I have a hydro clutch now so already have some parts that can be reused. Like my McLeod master as u mentioned.

Thanks for the clarity Russ, I'm aware of most of that but was confused by Adams setup up as it was bit of a mix and match.

So a Commo t56 has slip yoke? Maybe I should get an ls1 driveline for peanuts and stroke it?... I'll put it on the options list..
That McLeod master setup gives handy clearance for the booster as well. Got mine in then had a vy booster/master fitted up. Wouldn't have fit without the McLeod setup thanks to the angle it's at
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-07-2017, 02:37 PM
D4RKSIDE's Avatar
D4RKSIDE D4RKSIDE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 795
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booah View Post
So is it just me or is every Camaro here (except for Adam and Russ, as far as I know) under going upgrades, rebuilds etc just because a Mustang stayed off the grass and took out the autocross section of the last ApocaLaps......must just be a coincidence. .......... resorting to commodores now too..........
We chose to improve our cars rather than hire a young trained driver to drive our cars for us
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Jezz's Avatar
Jezz Jezz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dubbo
Posts: 207
Name: Jeremy
The 455 is getting kicked out for a boosted iron block gen III 5.3 LS with gen IV internals. Going to get hate from the Olds community but in the end, it's my car. The hardest part for me is working out what gearbox to use
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:51 PM
D4RKSIDE's Avatar
D4RKSIDE D4RKSIDE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 795
Name: Tom
Yeah seen a few of them coming up on the tree. Haters gonna hate. But they'd be more stoked people than not when you show a boosted Setup.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-07-2017, 08:16 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 3,954
Name: Jim
The OP will end up re-ringing his current turder........end of thread
__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger