Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 13-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Name: Peter
"Special Vehicle" insurance warning

Special Vehicle Car Insurance warning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a rant on a car insurer who advertises and promotes themselves as a "special vehicle" insurance provider.

I had a small accident 2 months ago. Rang the insurance company to advise and then arranged for a panel beater to have a look and get an assessor to come over to give the OK for repair to get under way.

The insurance policy clearly states "all work and repairs guaranteed"

When it came to the crunch they now want to give me a cash payout so that I can pay the panel shop myself and the work won't be guaranteed. The panel shop is very confident that the repair and paint matching won't be an issue.

When questioned, The insurance company turned around and said because the car is 50 years old and has had panel work done before then they won't guarantee the work due to not knowing what's behind the paint. (remember. the panel shop don't see a problem for the repair)

The insurance company knew the car was 50 years old. They know that the "special vehicle" would have had body work done to bring it to a presentable state. They don't ask for an inspection before insuring the car and then after 10 years of taking the money are trying to renege from their guarantee work obligations.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

If so how did you go getting things sorted?

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 14-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Name: Deano
Sorry to hear about the dramas mate. Is it the lack of guarantee from the insurer that you're worried about - And panel shops don't give this directly? is surely still something the panel shop has to back them selves with (Soz if missing something - not had my Monday morning coffee yet )
Old 14-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Name: Chris
cash or not, wouldn't it still be guaranteed given they "paid out" for repairs ? What does their PDS say
Old 14-05-2018, 11:31 PM

Name: Alan
conatct the insurance onbudsman,....the customer is nearly always the favoured party

1969 Camaro Z28 TUF69Z
1964 F100 SWB 64 EFFY

AAA-Photography.smugmug.com