Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Readers Rides
User Name
Password

Old 17-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy666 View Post
Wow they are pretty comprehensive and not too bad on the $$ either (although usd to aud plus shipping probably takes it up too a grand) . Thanks for the idea
If you have any electrical / mechanical aptitude this kit won't be too hard.
I used one on my 68 Camaro, totally worth it, all new wires, terminals & connectors are much better than working with crusty old crap.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Name: Chris
was that a victorian car, I'm sure I've seen it or one just like it
Old 17-04-2017, 01:40 PM

Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sprint View Post
Well finally after 5 months of waiting on engineers and transport i have gotten my dream car (waiting 15 years now).

if you don't mind me asking im looking for an engineer was yours in Kal or Perth
cheers steve
Hey Steve,

It got done in Melbourne before the sale. Wanted to make sure it was all good before i bought it and had it transported.

Sorry if that doesn't really help....
Old 18-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
was that a victorian car, I'm sure I've seen it or one just like it
yeah mate was bought from Vic - around the Ivanhoe area.

Nev68 - yeah wiring isn't an issue for me (am a dual trade mechanic/heavy diesel) so that is fine, more keeping all the original connectors etc would be nice, otherwise i would just use Deutsch plugs, new style relay/fuse holders and big 24 pin cannon plugs through the firewall etc....
Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 AM

Had to run the exhaust out the back (was dumped before the diff) bit of fun getting it up and over and around diff, springs and fuel tank... Got it sorted and am really happy with the work. Did it myself with just mandrel bends, welder, hi temp paint and a mate with a 4 poster.... Ha ha ha...
Pics too big on my phone will post em up later...
Name:  IMAG1923.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  242.2 KB
Name:  IMAG2287.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  265.6 KB
Name:  IMAG2291.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  267.6 KB
Name:  IMAG2292.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  239.6 KB
Name:  IMAG2294.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  362.5 KB

Last edited by Frenchy666; 09-05-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Old 09-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Also got a chance to start adjusting the windows as there were massive gaps between the front and rear quarter seals.

Not too bad a job to do but i found the rear quarter window rollers were non existent so now waiting on parts to fix those up.

While to door cards were off was a good time to fit a Passenger Side mirror as only having one will annoy the stuff out of me.....

Name:  IMAG2302.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  235.6 KB
Old 23-05-2017, 03:09 PM

FULLY REGISTERED NOW!!!!!!

After a bit of stuffing around (me being paranoid about inspections) she is finally registered. Passed with flying colours all thanks to the engineering plate for the 502, made it so much easier.

Also took out these stupid resitrictor plates (keep it on the down low, it isn't exactly street legal - haha). Was making it cough and fart over about 300rpm, but now she loves to rev (as much as a big block does). Sounds more throaty too....
Name:  IMAG2315.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  251.0 KB

Also fitted 2 x child restraint anchor points and took both kids for a spin (4yr old girl and 2yr old boy) - they absolutely loved it!! bit squeezy in the back with 2 cars seats but good thing they have short/small legs.....
Old 23-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Name: Kev
Well done
Old 23-05-2017, 10:00 PM

Name: Darren
Congratulations Marc. Enjoy and drive the wheels of that thing.

Darren
Old 24-05-2017, 05:56 AM

Name: Chris
happy days !
Old 24-05-2017, 12:54 PM

Name: Damon
Hey Marc, congratulations guess you will be cruisin to Kalgoorlie cars and coffee any day now
Old 24-05-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQGUY View Post
Hey Marc, congratulations guess you will be cruisin to Kalgoorlie cars and coffee any day now
Ha Ha, yeah mate, there is a few 69's in town so will be good to get out and meet everyone....
Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM

Dyno time....

Name:  IMAG2346 - Copy.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  325.8 KB
Name:  IMAG2347 - Copy.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  283.6 KB

A little dissapointing, but not too shabby out of a stock crate 502.

Pulled 360rwhp and 799ftlb

Was plagued with fuel issues as the fuel was boiling in the bowls causing all sorts of dramas with running rich as hell and spewing fuel out of the vent tubes.... Found the source of the drama is the fuel reg that is solid mounted to the fuel rail and in direct heat/vibration from the engine. Was getting up around the 70 degree mark... also have bulk fuel pressure build up in the tank itself which i am going to have to remove tank to inspect further (pinched vent tube??)
Name:  IMAG1925.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  333.5 KB

Now to move to reg off the engine and onto the inner guard/fender.
Old 28-06-2017, 07:27 PM

Name: Luke
Nice Car Marc! Bet your happy to be putting some KMs on it

Do you have the dyno sheet for the power run? Once you get the fuel sorted some fine tuning will bring the HP up, they quote 502 FWHP so factor a drop of 80-100hp over the driveline (probably closer to 80 with your setup) so you should see some gains once the gremlins are out...its still pulling massive Torque numbers though!
Old 15-03-2018, 12:18 PM

Been a while since my last post but have had a few wins with the old girl.

Name:  wedding.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  387.4 KB

Last photo i have taken of it was for a friends wedding. Also have new plates on it too "GOTCUBES" - wife still doesn't completely understand it when i say it is about the engine... women..... can't live with them, can't shoot em....ha ha

All new window felts and both rear quarter window mechanisms have been rebuilt with glass gaps just as good as factory (hours of adjusting)

Have restored the rear tail lights and lenses (no pics ) and hit the lenses with some VHT niteshade RED (except the reverse lenses) plus some spray chrome for inside the housing. Came up a treat. Also had to re-wire the entire boot as all the bulb connectors were shagged and all different types. All new bulb holders and wiring was done and at the same time i changed the indicators to be both brake lights in the one housing instead of one.

Move up front and now we have a noisy alternator bearing (12si 55amp alternator). Time for an upgrade to a 120amp unit. While removing the wiring off the alternator i found that all the power wires have been replaced at one stage and also have been completed shorted/burnt out too. Some are that exposed they were rubbing against the firewall and inner fender - i don't know how a fire hasn't happened yet. Time to remove complete engine bay harness for a re-wire.

Removed all the un-used wiring (coil wiring, starter, gauges etc) and lengthened parts to make the harness not visible in the engine bay. Have fitted 2 x terminal posts for battery power behind each headlight (out of sight) to remove the old buss bar and horn relay (now fitted with conventional relay for horn).

Also fitted new water pump as the old one was noisy too. While doing that an Aeroflow Gilmer set was installed to help with grip on water pump (old v-groove was slipping regardless of how tight/fresh the belt was).

Have also removed/replaced the non-genuine wiper motor with an even more non genuine one. The motor that was on it when i got the car was only held in with one bolt and would move around everytime it was used...

Name:  wiper.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  254.7 KB

Also the wiring to that was shocking too.... Now it sports a toyota replacement (don't hate me purists) that is was more compact and fits in well without having any valve cover clearance issues. (pics to come)

Battery has also be relocated to the boot to free up some engine bay room - purely for show as there will be nothing taking its place. (pics to come)

Anyway, will get some more pics tonight hopefully.....