Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Name: Kaz, but sometimes Mal
1967 Chevy Impala

Gday guys

have been bit of a lurker here for a while. We already own a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition . And now just over the weekend I bought a Chevy Impala 1967 4 door pillarless. Here are a few pics of her. She was apparently originally from Tassie - and we are now the fourth owner. She appears to be pretty original - except for a respray 10 years ago (she was apparently originally black), and new carpet. She needs some attention, which hopefully we can work on over the next few weeks. My parents used to own a 67 when I was young - so it's a great feeling to have one back in the family.

the one my parents used to own

Cheers

Last edited by Trans am Oz; 28-09-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 28-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Name: Jamie
Wow bright interior.. nice car. what are your plans for her?
Old 28-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Name: scott
gee look's mint black with red interior got to love that
Old 28-09-2009, 09:50 PM

very shmick!
looks in pretty good nick compared to mine when i picked it up earlier this year

mine is burgandy with red interior, all original.

is it an Australian delivered? i didn't know they came with the front side lights.

i'm currently finding it hard to find certain parts. full rear quarters, bumper guards etc.. do you know anyone who has or can get parts for these cars
Old 28-09-2009, 10:23 PM

wild 68- jamie - I am a bit old fashioned - want to keep her stock. She is just going to be a nice cruisier.

454 nuttr- scott - bright red!! originally I thought yuk.. but it grew on me -and now I love it.. a shame I dont barrack for essendon. lol.

Smote - yeah she is aus delivered - I think the front lights have been changed, and the previous owner changed the back indicators to white (with orange bulb) so it looks a bit more american.. In regards to parts - I guess we are in the same boat - I am interested to find the best place for parts as well. I sometimes use https://pontiworld.com.au/usgmsp/ nsw, Dave Clee for my ponti,and I have heard of www.chevparts.com.au run by Ian Maris in nsw. But I guess I have to do my homework and see what I can find.
Old 29-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Name: Sleiman
Quote:
Originally Posted by smote View Post
very shmick!
looks in pretty good nick compared to mine when i picked it up earlier this year

mine is burgandy with red interior, all original.

is it an Australian delivered? i didn't know they came with the front side lights.

i'm currently finding it hard to find certain parts. full rear quarters, bumper guards etc.. do you know anyone who has or can get parts for these cars
Chev parts in yenoora
Frank tonito some where near warragamba dam and im pretty sure ponti world down in the gong do some chev stuff as well, as for the 67-68 impalas im pretty sure you cant get full rear qauters but you can get the lower halves

As for the 67, I love it, looks really tidy, loving the red interior too!
Old 29-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Name: Deano
Super sweet cruiser there Kaz! And with a stunningly mint ride like the bandit TransAm (Lilydale trophy-winner, ya?) wouldn't expect anything less!

As for the parts, the park brake lever is the same as a Gen1 Camaro if that helps Will keep an eye out for the big unit on the road.

PS - Reckon the Transam is worth posting too. Nobody here didn't want one of them when BAN-ONE rolled out the back of the Bandit's truck... Don't care who you are. "Well gosh almighty would you look at that. Honey huuush.."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZPalUHlxc
'67 Camaro: RHD - Fresh 454 BBC (Forged 10.4:1, Eddy Alloy Heads, Isky 280 Mega) - Holley 830 Annular - RPM Airgap - MSD - 3" system - 2500 HD T400 - 9" TrueTrac 3.5 - 15" Autodrags... with a bit too much heartache to update HERE.
Old 30-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Thanks Deano, you have a good memory - but I guess the profile pic helps. I cant wait to have them both on the road soon. Will post pics of the TA soon. Cheers Kaz
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Name: Mitch
Nice Kaz.... and welcome aboard... More info on the Bandit please.. I just might have to go and buy the movie today after watching a few clips on YouTube.
Old 21-10-2009, 04:44 PM

nice 67, they're a great criuser Mine needs a bit of TLC
Old 22-10-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
nice 67, they're a great criuser Mine needs a bit of TLC
Thanks Mike, yeah just had the radiator re-cored, and plan to put the original springs back in her soon and replace a few bits and pieces. And she needs a damn good cut and polish - but that is not so urgent. The only problem is the seat trim, I want to try and find a close match to what it was - which is not the same as the US seat trim. We have a few contacts but they have to see the car and hopefully they can suggest a matching material.

ps - we are trying to get the nudge bars for back and front too. ( I know your impala from CF forum)- she looks good.

Last edited by Trans am Oz; 22-10-2009 at 11:43 AM..
Old 22-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans am Oz View Post
Thanks Mike, yeah just had the radiator re-cored, and plan to put the original springs back in her soon and replace a few bits and pieces. And she needs a damn good cut and polish - but that is not so urgent. The only problem is the seat trim, I want to try and find a close match to what it was - which is not the same as the US seat trim. We have a few contacts but they have to see the car and hopefully they can suggest a matching material.

ps - we are trying to get the nudge bars for back and front too. ( I know your impala from CF forum)- she looks good.
What's the difference in seat trim?
Did the Aussie built units have same vinyl as used in Holden's for that era?

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 23-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post
What's the difference in seat trim?
Did the Aussie built units have same vinyl as used in Holden's for that era?
Hi Nev - apparently they used local seat trim, not what the US used.. So you are probably right about the Holden seat trim being the same. The vinyl is in great condition, it is the material inbetween that is ripped and worn.

Last edited by Trans am Oz; 26-07-2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old 23-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans am Oz View Post
Hi Nev - apparently they used local seat trim, not what the US used.. So you are probably right about the Holden seat trim being the same. The vinyl is in great condition, it is the material inbetween that is ripped and worn.

So if they used the material of the holden for that year would that be "HR" or "HK"?
Maybe the Premiers and Broughams had something close.
Have you talked to any motor trimmers?

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Name: Jade
Oh my god i love your car, she is beautiful. i am looking for one exactly the same. do you have any contact details or references to a seller. I would really love to get my hands on an impala 67, four door.