Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Name: Greg
Late(r) Model Mustang

Morning All,

Just after a bit of advice regarding a 1995 Mustang that my wife is keen to buy. I do not know anything about this era of Mustang, she did own a 66 coupe some years ago and is keen to get into something with air, steer and RHD. The car in question is a '95 coupe, V6 auto with 70,000 ks on it. It has had some serious money thrown at it recently, new gearbox, head gaskets replaced, new front brakes, 4 new tyres, wheel alignment etc, etc.

Are these cars any good? Is the engine a dog? I would prefer that she got a 5 litre, as at least it is a Windsor so should be easier to get bits for. The reason this car is in the frame is that it is in ACT, and is currently locally registered etc. We have driven it and it is quite nice to drive for a 15 year old car. She is really keen, given that its priced under 20K.

Any thoughts??? I could use the feedback

Greg

Last edited by GM064; 28-09-2010 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: spell check

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 28-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM064 View Post
She is really keen, given that its priced under 20K.
Any thoughts??? I could use the feedback
I would talk her out of it, it wont be long before the right 65-68 (if that's what she wants) comes along for the right money.
The initial purchase may cost a little more, but it will hold it's value, be cheaper to maintain and always be a classic.
Old 28-09-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anychevy View Post
I would talk her out of it, it wont be long before the right 65-68 (if that's what she wants) comes along for the right money.
The initial purchase may cost a little more, but it will hold it's value, be cheaper to maintain and always be a classic.

Thanks for that, however having owned an early model, and it was a daily driver, she is not keen to go down that route again. If money were no object , then I would get her into a brand new one. Otherwise it is a mid 90's model that she has settled on. I agree that a classic will hold its value longer, but this one is for sale for less than the original conversion price , so someone else has taken the majority of the devaluation hit.

Greg
Old 28-09-2010, 03:02 PM

If it were me I'd go for a V8 one (with resale being a big factor) ... but seeing how they're about mid to high 20's and up perhaps that price bracket is not feasible?

As far as being a daily driver I cannot see why this one would be any better than an older model.. if anything happens and you need parts (especially interior or exterior) you can't just go to your ford dealer and buy em... either way your kind of stuck in a rut!

If I had to look on the logical side of things, I simply wouldn't buy it, If you like a nice daily driver ford maybe XR6 Turbo?.. BUT if that is what you guys 'want' & your happy to accept the possible complications associated with owning it then go ahead & buy it I guess.. there's nothing stopping you.

Meh.....
Old 28-09-2010, 03:12 PM

Name: Dave
Does she (or both of you) like mid 90s camaro's ? There's alot more of them around and parts aren't that big a deal, or does it have to be a mustang ?
Old 28-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anychevy View Post
Does she (or both of you) like mid 90s camaro's ? There's alot more of them around and parts aren't that big a deal, or does it have to be a mustang ?
No no no, not a camaro . Sorry was that her or me . Her dad was a long time Chrysler and Ford salesman, so it has to be a Mustang. Having driven one, they are not too bad. As I said earlier, I would prefer a 5 Litre, but as it will be a daily driver (mostly) she is keen on the six. They are also considerably cheaper, which is a factor. Will have to apply some more grey matter to the equation

Greg
Old 28-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Name: Terry
Why did it need head gaskets and a new g/box under 70000 km?.sounds a bit fragile ???????

Buy a new generation V8 me thinks if the budget allows or.............a pre 70 v8
Old 28-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70mach1 View Post
Why did it need head gaskets and a new g/box under 70000 km?.sounds a bit fragile ???????

Buy a new generation V8 me thinks if the budget allows or.............a pre 70 v8
sounds like a ford,tee hee