Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 23-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Name: Mitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemopars View Post

I have a 1969 Dodge 426 HEMI stick shift Superbee and a few other MOPAR collectables that I won't describe here.
Just because there are alot of Chebby owners on here doesn't mean we can't admire and respect a nice Mopar or three

Bring it on, what ya got?... We will respect your privacy though if you don't wish to inform the world of what collectables you may have. I understand that.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 23-05-2010, 08:28 AM

Name: Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemopars View Post
I have a 1969 Dodge 426 HEMI stick shift Superbee and a few other MOPAR collectables that I won't describe here.

No holding out on us mate ...it's not very nice!

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...
Old 24-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Name: Chris
Quick update on this very important issue.

I am now quite actively involved. have spoken with people that post in this forum and in others. I have been provided some names and numbers of people that can assist.

I want to publish a plan so it's all on the table but as yet, the plan is still being build of how to tackle this (legal, political and press). I am assisting the ASRF who are primarily running with this and will play an active part.

I will try to keep you all posted in detail and garner your support as required.

Simple fact, if they can re-date a pre-89 car that has a simply modification such as changed wheels to be a 2010 car (and therefore must comply with 2010 ADRs), what's to stop the next step saying that any local car that has a mod done, means it manufactured date changes to 2010.......that will affect us all, including those with cars registered.

Nev, we are starting to sympathise (if we weren't already)
Old 24-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Name: Terry
Nice one Chris... happy to contribute when the time comes...
Old 24-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Good on you Chris.
Please advise if there is any assistance required (although not sure what I can do)
I think they have some lobbyist's in the U.S. that support SEMA etc.
Not sure if the same is possible in Oz, but there has to be some noise / resistance to this type of broad brush attitude toward modified cars.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 24-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Name: Greg
Good stuff Chris, Im in just let me no what help you need.

Greg
Old 24-05-2010, 06:30 PM

Name: Terry
If the average musclecar owner can lend support in a small way by signing petitions,pledging a small donation to a good course of action or appear in person( or with their car )to support any public rally/display to bring our concerns to the general population and our pollies.........then at least that's of value.

Some may wish to do more when those such as the ASRF show the way.

I think the social experiment we're being subjected to in the "Lucky Country"-ie the insidious and relentless erosion of our personal freedoms-is getting obvious enough by now for most people to be aware of it-and this Dotars action is just another part of the picture.
Old 24-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Name: Warren
I imagine there will be a number of car importers/resellers who will be concerned by this who may also lend support ??? Of the top of my head are:

*Geezers (Qld)
*Just Mustangs (Vic)
*Import Perfection (Perth)
*Chevyman (Perth)

I'm sure there are heaps more but they are just a few I can think of.
Old 24-05-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonner View Post
Good stuff Chris, Im in just let me no what help you need.

Greg
Me three...
Old 25-05-2010, 09:00 AM

FYI - Cross post from another site (http://americanmusclecarsaustralia.c...id=66&tid=3242) - see http://www.amcca.com.au/

Hi Guys,
As you are all no doubt aware there has been a real "Shake up" of the whole motor vehicle import scene of late particularly targeting mainly historic(cars assembled before the 1/1/89)vehicles not covered by the RAWS system which is for post 89 vehicles which are covered by a whole different set of rules & licensing requirements.I have been watching the talk with interest on this web site & others & it is interesting to see what sort of stories,theories & just plain silly comments are being thrown around regarding the current situation!The fact is the "rules have not changed but rather they are now just being enforced"!Now that is a direct quote from the assistant to the Vehicle Standards Administrator at DOTARS in Canberra.Having said this I do believe that it is time to have a very clear view on just what the current interpratation of these rules will allow us ,the enthusiasts, to bring into this country.On the 10th of June I have been fortunate enough to be granted a face to face meetng with The Vehicle Standards Administator and his advisors to both discuss the current situation & perhaps discuss ways we can improve the import process perhaps through better communication/education,look at ways of streamlining the import approval process & just generally trying to have a say in a system that has a large affect on our hobby & people like myself who weekly bring these vehicles into the country.So as a courtesy to those of you that are looking to import a car,M/Cycle or even a Boat at any time in the future I would like to invite you to attend Tuesdays AMCCA General meeting for your input as I will be taking what I think are good points/questions directly too the Administrator.As time is always a problem at the meeting I dont really want to get into a long drawn out debate over what is right or wrong about this major crackdown on historic imports I would just appreciate sensible suggestions by way of questions I can put directly to this department & hopefully allow me ,& all the people/customers that have contacted me over the last few weeks ,to be able to have a clear view of what is required to import your new "Pride & Joy"with as little hassle & grief as possble so you can quickly get through" the rules of today" &" enjoy your piece of the past".Yvette & I take what we do very seriously & we feel that by getting definitive answers on this subject we can better serve our customers & as a consequence help the hobby we all enjoy to make a little more sence of the situation.
See you at the meeting. Mick....................
Old 25-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Name: Chris
Never heard of that forum just signed up...thanks for the heads up...
Old 25-05-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
Never heard of that forum just signed up...thanks for the heads up...
Me either - I just stumbled across it lol
Old 25-05-2010, 11:20 AM

Signed up to...
Old 25-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Name: Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSCAMARO View Post
Signed up to...
Signed up a couple of years ago, but have'nt had a look around there for a while

Old 29-05-2010, 10:15 AM

lol, how are they gonna stop ya? its all down to your inspector. for an IA all you need is the year and chassis number.

30 year old stuff doesnt need engineers, as long as it passes RWC inspections pertinant to your state. And pre 89' is all down to your engineers say so. if he says no, take it to someone else the car itself cant be held up if you have the origianal import approval all they can do is hold it up at the docks for duties declaration (if you lie about how much its worth to bring down your costs) or a car that they believe to be stolen (dodgie chassis number)

i dont believe it anyways.