Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 30-07-2011, 06:23 PM

Name: bill
edelbrock carby

running an edelbrock 4 barrel on my 350 pontiac and just found out it's running way lean and also advised to put a kit thru it - also only getting two thirds throttle from the linkages - seems to be a common issue with these older set-ups. car came with the edelbrock - but I'm thinking of trashing it and replacing it with a holley 600 vac secondary. anyone out there running edelbrock carby??

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 30-07-2011, 09:20 PM

Name: shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird69 View Post
running an edelbrock 4 barrel on my 350 pontiac and just found out it's running way lean and also advised to put a kit thru it - also only getting two thirds throttle from the linkages - seems to be a common issue with these older set-ups. car came with the edelbrock - but I'm thinking of trashing it and replacing it with a holley 600 vac secondary. anyone out there running edelbrock carby??
Yeah Bill, got one on my 350 in the "57,
if memory serves me correct it seemed ok on dyno day
Old 31-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Name: will
i had major issues not getting a 750 edelbrock to run smoothly on my 67 383, rebuilt it, changed jets etc, in the end got it dyno tuned and they reckoned it was not suited to my manifold/engine combo.... aka they thought it was crap. came on the car so sold it and moved on.... funny that really, since my entire engine is basically edelbrock
Old 31-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Name: Dazz
Having run one on my speedway car due to class rules and having plenty of problems with it Id say drop kick it into the bin and put a Holley on it. Unless you've got it on there for a specific reason, ie originallity etc, the Holley is heaps easier to work on, get parts for, jets gaskets powervalves metering blocks are everywhere. Just my 2 bobs worth...........
Old 31-07-2011, 05:37 PM

tnx guys , think I will bin this and get a holley - piece of cake to work with the holleys. now for cost of 600 vac secondary?? Ive seen on ebay for $150 reco'ed, and new for $300 plus, yet at the speed shops they are 500 dollars plus ????
Old 31-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Name: Dazz
Go new if you can afford it, its always better in the long run and if you really want to set it up 100% try Mikes dyno in Dandenong, he's set up heaps of race and street cars over the years and knows his stuff well.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
tnx guys , think I will bin this and get a holley - piece of cake to work with the holleys. now for cost of 600 vac secondary?? Ive seen on ebay for $150 reco'ed, and new for $300 plus, yet at the speed shops they are 500 dollars plus ????
Is this mob anywhere near you?

http://www.hume.com.au/index.php

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 31-07-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post

Nah mate they are in sydney
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post

no, but great prices, so will check out.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Name: John
Stick with the Edelbrock, easy to tune and re-jet,don't get sucked in to the old "Ah maaate, put a Holley on it" crap. Is only needles or jets or both to change and you can do that without pouring fuel over your manfold or taking the carb off. (btw the i'm not against Holley carbs,i'm running 3 of them on my car)
Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Assuming your Edelbrock is a Rochester Quadrajet clone, get this book, it covers it all and is widely regarded as the bible on the Quaddy. It has a whole section on the very minor differences that the Edelbrock versions have.

http://www.amazon.com/Rebuild-Modify.../dp/1932494189

If this book can get me jetting, re-rodding and tweaking my Quaddy, then it can educate anyone.

I bought this book, a rebuild kit and a tuning kit from www.quadrajetparts.com and it solved all my problems.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Name: Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGSX455 View Post
Assuming your Edelbrock is a Rochester Quadrajet clone, get this book, it covers it all and is widely regarded as the bible on the Quaddy. It has a whole section on the very minor differences that the Edelbrock versions have.

If this book can get me jetting, re-rodding and tweaking my Quaddy, then it can educate anyone.

Nice find. Added to cart.

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 RS View Post
Go new if you can afford it, its always better in the long run and if you really want to set it up 100% try Mikes dyno in Dandenong, he's set up heaps of race and street cars over the years and knows his stuff well.
yep, mike's got my car tomorrow to do his magic for the day. i know lots of the guys here say to stick to the edelbrock carby you have, but I like the holleys and have always had them. see how tomorrow goes.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Name: Darrin
Quote:

I bought this book, a rebuild kit and a tuning kit from www.quadrajetparts.com and it solved all my problems.
It's a top book, I got it last year and a rebuild kit from the author himself, Cliff Ruggles. Here's a link to his web site, lots of good info there.
http://www.cliffshighperformance.com...carb_ID_2.html
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
yep, mike's got my car tomorrow to do his magic for the day. i know lots of the guys here say to stick to the edelbrock carby you have, but I like the holleys and have always had them. see how tomorrow goes.
Keen to know how this work out for you Bill, keep us posted