Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 AM

Come on! Deano. I travelled literally around the world and did not give up on my car, it got scratched and all of my personal items and car parts got stolen on the way here.
I have been 4 years working my butt off (I have not had holidays in four years) in which the only two days I have taken the day off has been when my two daughters came to this world and I'm not complaining. Now due to other $ commitments I haven't finished my car and its been sitting unfinished for all of these years but I still get excited when I dream that I will have it on the road one day I even get excited when I see your ride.
Now not because everything hasn't seem to go my way, I let go of my dream.
I still got the poster that you gave me that says "KEEP IT MUSCLE"

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Geez you guys are tough, poor ol deano has a moment of self pity and he gets crucified we have all been where you are now mate. I too felt now and then that there must have been a gypsy killed when my car rolled of the line. But what others have said is true, all the crap goes out the window when your sitting in a car that you can feel the noise
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Name: Deano
Yeah, OK so I’m a sook (at least once a year it seems) when the ongoing setbacks - from what was never a ‘project’ or ‘build’ like some comparisons here - get a bit much for me. Having professionals go over the car top to bottom and report yesterday on an endless list of negatives, combined with other issues in life I’m dealing with was close to the final mental straw & thus just entertaining the idea of parting ways, with this one at least...

We all know that having a muscle car is like a relationship – or at least a hottie girlfriend you take for an awesome ride on weekends & boast to your mates about. Enough to overlook the occasional expensive date night.

But mine is like she’s always carrying a major, yet stupid injury & can’t even go out (eg broken ankle from falling off heels), leaves sh!t stains the bed, has limbs that used to belong to random boatpeople and when you buy her jewellery gifts, they don’t even fit her hairy, scarred man-hands.. or cause a massive rash. Then still steals all the contents of your wallet when you’re not looking.

Then yesterday was like I had a plastic surgeon me a verbal list of every stretchmark, area of cellulite, dodgy scar and fatally cancerous mole that I never noticed during my enjoyable weekend escapades. Then the gynaecologist shared horror stories of what lay within.

Kinda takes the gloss off making the urgent decision whether to treat the missus to a many thousands worth of makeup and fake eyelashes when now all you can see is a the love child of Jabba the Hutt & Bilbo Baggins with tits.

Anyway. Will get over it of course (as usual). And thanks for the..err.. various approaches to encouragement. Know they meant well.

Catch.
'67 Camaro: RHD - Fresh 454 BBC (Forged 10.4:1, Eddy Alloy Heads, Isky 280 Mega) - Holley 830 Annular - RPM Airgap - MSD - 3" system - 2500 HD T400 - 9" TrueTrac 3.5 - 15" Autodrags... with a bit too much heartache to update HERE.

Last edited by RAW454; 02-03-2011 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 11:01 AM

haha! I have everyone at work looking at me weirdly for bursting out laughing after reading that!

But I hope it all works out either way.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Name: will
You definitely have a way with words Deano the things you say all seem close to home I'm sure with many of us. Must admit its not a nice feeling tho.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Happy that you snaped out of it Deano. I can say that every comment on this tread recently is just to give you encouragement in a certain strange way.
I guess all of us that have cars that have not gone through the nut and bolt process have cars with issues due to ageing and who knows how they where treated in the past.
Hope to see you soon driving your car around.
Cheers

Our Father which art in heaven, Thanks you for our V8
Keep our muscle cars safe, from rust and overheating, And forgive those who drive hybrid cars, As we forgive those who drive Asian cars, And lead us not into vanity, But deliver us from collisions, For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.
Amen.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Name: Peter
Deano,
What was on the list ??
Old 02-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69coupe View Post
Deano, What was on the list ??
Will never tell. Same as one wouldn't show pix of a gf's genital herpes. Nobody needs to see that sh!t - Not even mentally. (Ooops - Too late..)
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Name: Steve
Huge list by the sound of it.. Just body work?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Name: Disco
so what is the update on the wounded? is it going to be ready for the big day?
Old 29-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Baby steps. Today just dropped $450 on getting brake lines moved as the drop spindle / caliper dealie was causing issues (Yeah Steve, I know I coulda just got the correct spindles for less, but time was a factor).

Still a bit down on the whole thing, but waddaya do eh...
Old 29-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Name: Steve
It's the bump-stop/caliper interference I'm concerned about too.
Anyway.. One thing at a time and I'm glad you're on to it.
Old 29-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Most car guys dont own a yenko or anything remotely like it so the reality of these toys being an "investment" is often a far stretch. You put money into these things because when your rolling your ride it makes you happy.
Don't sell it dude. You've got an excellent base to make improvments on as you drive, (which is more than most of us on this forum can do). If its all too much you can stick it in the shed and come back to it later. Cant do that when its gone and often the headache of trying to find something to replace it with is more greif than fixing what you already had. My vote.. hold on to it.
Old 30-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Name: Rowan
Deano, I sympathyse with you mate, I know what its like to get a list like that. I got ball joints done on my torana a few years back and came back with a big list of things the shop owner picked on. Nothing dangerous, just bits here and there that needed tidying up, but it was still a daily driven street car then, and was still better than most cars out there especially ones 30 years old, and much, much cooler. But it isn't a nice feeling being told that. The worst bit from my experience was the owner told me my car was a "very average motor car". That was pretty harsh and a bit extreme and it still stings a bit now and that was 3 years ago.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM

So close yet so far.. and the rollercoaster continues.

Went down this morning to pickup the jigger from StyleRod. Was painted, polished & sitting there looking sweet as honey. After a bit more of a rundown on 'areas for improvement', I fired up the BBC, clicked drive, moved a metre forward & begun to turn the wheel to exit the driveway....

.. and my heart sank.

The steering was binding up & felt really course. Like something has copped a wack in the steering column perhaps... Dunno. All I know is I had to hand the keys back & walk away.

Is not the Stylerod's fault -They did a sensational job of the repairs. Was jsut something that coulld not be properly assessed when undrivable, hence not included in quote.

So now start the whole assessor / quote / approval / repair cycle again. Flemington is a goner, along with most any cruising until after Winter.

Looked bloody sweet though.. *sigh* (again)

Name:  RAW Pickup Not - 1Apr11.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  42.4 KB
'67 Camaro: RHD - Fresh 454 BBC (Forged 10.4:1, Eddy Alloy Heads, Isky 280 Mega) - Holley 830 Annular - RPM Airgap - MSD - 3" system - 2500 HD T400 - 9" TrueTrac 3.5 - 15" Autodrags... with a bit too much heartache to update HERE.