Go Back   US MUSCLE Ľ Regional Events Ľ Western Australia
User Name
Password

Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM

Name: Kev
Congrats to you for giving this a red hot go.
It still looks a fair sized circuit, things I would be concerned about would be where are the cars lining up for their turn and is there enough protection for them from an on track car?

Would you need to add chicanes to the outer path of choice to keep speeds down so that if there is a mishap there is no major disaster?

I think to prove the event viable to any venue operators and insurance underwriters you will need to take baby steps until you are an approved event organizer which will be all about safety not speed.
Don't forget to factor in the cost of a St John's ambo and crew for the day if required.
I hope this input is of some value to you getting this up and running and again well done in moving forward with this.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Name: Justin
Advice taken on board - and yep, will need to keep an eye on speeds for sure, Iíve got a few autocross references to keep things safe but still exciting.

Thereís plenty of parking to the left of the roundabout (plus the right hand area if reqíd - check an earlier overhead pic) but thereís still a few more hoops to jump through before the event gets closer - plus I need to make sure it remains affordable too, and get reasonable numbers, otherwise iíll be cutting laps by myself.

Belmont Park are ok with the idea of the event, but are still a lil worried it may turn into a burnout comp which they have already ruled out - am sure that doesnít apply to power slides

Also keeping my eyes peeled for other alternatives just in case. (Thereís a nice big hardstand area in belmont industrial area, but is too close to the edge of residences - lots of angry sounding muscle would attract lots of angry complaints - no doubt)

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFF68 View Post
Those tree's in and around the track might be a problem, would certainly make me less ambitious
I know what you mean - definitely need to keep an eye on the opposite vs right foot equations

there was a lot of construction for a horse sale whilst i was there - so i took a pic off google maps, then used a clean up brush to try and clean up the shadows - which may have distorted the look - regardless theres still trees there

Iíll try n tickle another design or two over the weekend

Itís not a sealed deal yet so we can still look elsewhere if a better venue pops up.

But location here is spot on Ö anyway iíll keep plugging away to see what can be done
Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 PM

Name: Al
Yeah Justy, from my experience in the suby at AHG, I reckon keep it simple and safe with the big horses and little to no traction. My car should be ready end of week so i'll suss out a skid pan at ahg as well...
Nod
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 PM

or we could try this ??? Ö keeps most action away from the trees

Name:  ApocaLaps v2.1.png
Views: 207
Size:  596.9 KB

Iím still going to campaign to see if the other side will become available at any time
Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 PM

Or sum thin like this Ö

Name:  ApocaLaps V2.2.png
Views: 204
Size:  775.2 KB

obviously i need to sharpen up the curves etc but just throwin it out there
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Name: Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
Also keeping my eyes peeled for other alternatives just in case.
Justin, might be worth a call/email to the motorplex to find out possible costs and availability to use the staging lanes.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:22 PM

Name: Darren
Last one looks a little too complicated, I think I like the first on best.

Skid pan at RAC driver training centre (AHG) is pretty cheap to hire for a bit or round the hats action if Belmont doesn't come off.

The next Tripple Treat is on this Sunday (9th of Feb), I think entry is closed (edit: looks like a few places left for late entries) but it's free for spectators if anybody wants to come for a look. I have decided to give the SRT8 a rest this time and will be in the BMW with the air filter sticking out of the bonnet (352 model) instead if you want to say hello.

Last edited by 69JavelinMan; 07-02-2014 at 11:28 PM..
Old 08-02-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFF68 View Post
Justin, might be worth a call/email to the motorplex to find out possible costs and availability to use the staging lanes.
Yep .. worth a call, I baulked at them initially after I saw the cost for the triple treats, but will wax lyrical direct with them and see what they have to offer

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69JavelinMan View Post
Last one looks a little too complicated, I think I like the first on best.

Skid pan at RAC driver training centre (AHG) is pretty cheap to hire for a bit or round the hats action if Belmont doesn't come off.

The next Tripple Treat is on this Sunday (9th of Feb), I think entry is closed (edit: looks like a few places left for late entries) but it's free for spectators if anybody wants to come for a look. I have decided to give the SRT8 a rest this time and will be in the BMW with the air filter sticking out of the bonnet (352 model) instead if you want to say hello.
Iíll try and call AHG direct also, they never replied to my emails

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

If i had to choose iím also favouring the first track too - maybe we could add a chicane here or there if it looks to get too fast

Iíve leant on Belmont to see if they can make the other side available in the future
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 PM

I don't think AHG is involved with the track at the airport anymore, it is the RAC Driver Training Centre/MC Motorsports venue these days. I sent you a PM with some recent pricing I got from them.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:29 AM

Name: will
this lady was very helpful and replied to my emails if it helps, Charmaine.Taylor@rac.com.au
Old 10-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Just to keep the interest up, here is some in-car action from the Tripple Treat on Sunday. The SRT8 did tow car duties this time and my 94 BMW 3 series coupe got a run instead, you might notice the Beemer is not quite standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFz5...re=c4-overview
Old 18-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69JavelinMan View Post
Just to keep the interest up, here is some in-car action from the Tripple Treat on Sunday. The SRT8 did tow car duties this time and my 94 BMW 3 series coupe got a run instead, you might notice the Beemer is not quite standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFz5...re=c4-overview
sounds pretty staunch - and has definitely got the juices flowing like a bulldog eyeing off a lamb chop
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM

ok gents - have been away for a lil bit, but am back with a vengeance

should hopefully get my insurance quotes next week, which will certainly decide the overall fate of this event - and iíve been warned that there will be a considerable cost

However, the insurance company i was chatting with had some good contacts (including some dude who was involved in setting up similar events) and they seemed interested in helping out themselves if they can

at this stage iíve pencilled in the 26th april as a reference date - but naturally this can be altered if required

stay tuned space fans
Old 08-03-2014, 09:22 PM

Went past the Belmont Park course today
- there seems to be a lot of uneven / rough ground after the horse sales event
Iíll need to be chatting with them - lest I chat with the airport track first (which I have been meaning to do)
Ideally - iíd like to try and keep the event as central as possible - making it more viable for more people
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Chatted with the good folk at MC Motorsport today - going to get back to me with what can be done, and what needs to be put in place etc
good to have options - plus, theyíre used to cars here
But will see what they have for me in the next day or so