Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21-07-2018, 07:57 AM

Name: Justin
I got done for doing 43 k's on the beach. 3 points and $250. The cop asked me if I saw the signs. 'No, I'm on a beach with my 2 kids and wife paying attention to wash outs and people. I'm not looking for signs up the top of the beach' When we got to our setup point, ********s next to us are doing donuts and fishtails in utes next to our kids. I abused one of them and he stopped to have a go at me. Couldn't believe it. It's definitely fundraising..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 21-07-2018, 12:52 PM

I heard someone define living in Vic as

as.." The Peoples Republic of Victoria" - hate driving in Vic now.. as careful as one can be.... government that has its troop's out to get you ANY way they can..all to pick the Dollars & eventually life out of Low Hanging Fruit..
Yet.. you have people..some tens of thousands, many who can't generally speak english or read signage....... on international drivers licences.. who trade between then points as needed & if things get too hot.. they return to their countries etc... Ever wondered why certain nationalities just don't seem to have P plates......? Check it out... Like a pimp and drug pusher... Government does not care.. as long as the revenue is in.!

Last edited by OldIndian; 21-07-2018 at 01:09 PM..
Old 22-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Name: Darren
Even though I think the US has a better system, which seems to focus on a much more visible police presence on the highways and picking out those who are driving well above the general speed, they do have a road toll that is twice as high as ours on a per capita basis, so the statisticians would say we have a better system.

I think the challenge now is that they have reached the limit with heavy handed enforcement tactics and really need to take it to the next level with making everybody better drivers and building much safer roads, but there is no revenue in that.

As for early morning speeding fines, you never used to see them out in the middle of the night, but they are now responding to the significant number of fatalities that happen in the early hours that are usually fueled by high speed in combination with drugs, alcohol or inexperience.

Sadly, i don't think you can ever have a law based on common sense or driving to the conditions. One of my pet peeves is when they upgrade a road, say single to dual carriageway and then reduce the speed limit.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:12 AM

Name: Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69JavelinMan View Post

As for early morning speeding fines, you never used to see them out in the middle of the night, but they are now responding to the significant number of fatalities that happen in the early hours that are usually fueled by high speed in combination with drugs, alcohol or inexperience.
I don't have a problem with booze/drug buses. But that mobile camera didn't stop me from speeding.

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 22-07-2018, 02:33 PM

Name: Darren
Might stop you next time, now that you know they are out and about at that time in the morning.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Name: Tom
Two words. Waze app.

I feel naked driving without it these days. It warns you about everything from debris on the road to mobile speed cameras.
Old 23-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69JavelinMan View Post
Might stop you next time, now that you know they are out and about at that time in the morning.
True, but I think I am a responsible driver who let his wife drive home and she is also a responsible driver who happened to creep 3kms over.
The driver that drinks and drives and wantonly speeds is the person killing other motorists. They will never learn unless jailed or taken out of the gene pool.

Old 28-07-2018, 06:35 PM

Name: Lyndsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKSIDE View Post
Two words. Waze app.

I feel naked driving without it these days. It warns you about everything from debris on the road to mobile speed cameras.
Yep Waze is way better than a detector. First thing I do when I get in any of my cars is fire up waze.
Old 29-07-2018, 07:05 AM

Name: Chris
^ x3 In fact I am looking at a new Kenwood head unit for the Buick that has Apple Car Play. In Sept Apple Car Play will enable access to other navigation apps like Waze, so when I get in, it will automatically be up on a 7" screen
Old 30-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Yeah Waze is pretty good - so good Google bought it.

I have the list of mobile camera locations for Vic in a spreadsheet then uploaded to google maps (after first converting location to GeoCode) and trying to get an alert when approaching ... they make it hard ... but I will persist.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Name: Lyndsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
^ x3 In fact I am looking at a new Kenwood head unit for the Buick that has Apple Car Play. In Sept Apple Car Play will enable access to other navigation apps like Waze, so when I get in, it will automatically be up on a 7" screen
Chris I have the new Kenwood head unit in the Camaro, its excellent. Great news on the car play update.

Last edited by 69SS; 02-08-2018 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Name: Dave
Just a heads up for those in Victoria that might not know
You can apply for an official warning notice on the basis of a previous good driving record if your fine is issued for alleged speeds of less than 10 km/h in excess of the posted limit and have had no speeding infringements, safety related infringements or official warnings issued to the driver in the previous two (2) years.
I have done this successfully twice in the past.
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_id=10369
Cheers
Dave