Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Importing to Australia
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemopars View Post
I agree ....the customer has the choice....but there is limited opportunities for RoRo into Adelaide hence containerised shipments.

Our experienced loading method is proven with the loading of inverted boats into the container.

All fluids require to be drained and battery removed to do this but sometimes AQIS require this and most boats if looked after are winterised by the USA seller anyway.

Not sure what your experience is but I have been shipping out of the USA since 1989.

I only do two car containers or one car and one boat.

When importers load more than two cars in a container and still charge $ 3500 AUD per car for the additional cars then their risk management for the consigned freight is non existent.
We have not been doing this as long as you, we have been involved in international shipping since 1996 doing personal stuff and registered as a business in 2000.

We do a combination of 2 and 3 car containers depending on what we are shipping. We did a couple of four car containers in the early days and decided that the risks were not worth it. Instead we developed much better systems for packing/unpacking and shipping 3 car containers safely.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 26-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Been a bit busy to post some eye candy of late.

We launched a new freight management system and a revamped website in mid December. We did 46 shipments of 40' containers and RORO boats/caravans in 2011 totalling over U$2.7 million worth of goods!

Here are some more pics.

2 Jetskis to WA

2011 Polaris RZR to QLD

1970 Chevelle to WA

1970 Chevelle to WA

Will post some more soon!

Happy Australia Day everyone!!!!
Old 26-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Name: John
Nice Chevelles
Old 18-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Too busy with container paperwork to post pics again but Amanda has inspired me!

1957 Chevrolet Wagon (belongs to Amanda) WAus

1968 Mustang Fastback into Sydney

1956 Buick into Melbourne

1972 Norton into Brisbane

More later!
Old 27-04-2012, 07:55 AM

More containers landing in Australia weekly here are a few nice deliveries.

1934 Ford into Brisbane

1960 Austin Healey into Sydney

1973 Corvette into Melbourne

1970 Plymouth Satellite into Brisbane

2012 Honda Rancher into Sydney

Old 17-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Wow! Just realised how long since this thread has been updated!

We have landed over 25 containers since the last post and more than a dozen shipments on the water right now.

1955 Ford Victoria into Fremantle

1950 Harley Davidson into Sydney

1956 F100 Pickup into Brisbane

1967 Cadillac into Sydney

1969 Camaro SS into Melbourne

1946 Indian Chief into Brisbane

Old 18-11-2012, 11:28 PM

Name: Russ
Have been perusing some of the mid 2000 harleys you have up at the moment, particularly fatboys and roadkings. You guys are really good with the likely fees with importing etc, but with getting the bikes complianced is there much involved in terms of work and money? weighing up getting a bike imported or just buying locally. thanks Russ
Old 18-11-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350rocket View Post
Have been perusing some of the mid 2000 harleys you have up at the moment, particularly fatboys and roadkings. You guys are really good with the likely fees with importing etc, but with getting the bikes complianced is there much involved in terms of work and money? weighing up getting a bike imported or just buying locally. thanks Russ
Russ,

Unfortunately work vs money aren't really something that go together when you are talking about compliance! It seems that everyone charges around about the same fees for doing the compliance. Last time I checked there is a guy in Perth that does them for $2,500 + GST.

They change the cluster, headlight and a few other bits. If it is not stock they have to return it to stock before they compliance it and they charge you for that. Best to get it as stock as you can or buy one that the seller has all the original parts so you can make it stock and then get it complied.

From what I can gather you can save a pretty penny. One customer told me he sold his 1998 for what it is going to cost him to get both a 2005 and 2006 Softail purchased, shipped, GST, complianced and on the road!

We are shipping a 2013 to WA right now and the buyer said he was saving $9,000 over buying it locally.

It is all hearsay as I am too busy to check out the local prices but we have orders to ship 8 at the moment I we only added them to the website about 3 weeks ago!

Cheers

* PS - I don't see any info requests from you?

Last edited by USAtoAUS; 19-11-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Old 19-11-2012, 12:32 AM

Name: Russ
Thanks mate, just wanted to get an idea of cost. Yep ~2500 on top is still a lot less than buying locally, and buying stock as a rock makes sense.

No info requests yet, was perusing your website as i often do when theres a free moment at work.

Trying to figure out exactly what i want for the next one before i start making requests. Thanks for the quick response
Old 19-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350rocket View Post
Thanks mate, just wanted to get an idea of cost. Yep ~2500 on top is still a lot less than buying locally, and buying stock as a rock makes sense.

No info requests yet, was perusing your website as i often do when theres a free moment at work.

Trying to figure out exactly what i want for the next one before i start making requests. Thanks for the quick response
NP just making sure that nothing has slipped through the cracks.

Once you identify what you are after let us know and we will add them to the site.
Old 19-11-2012, 09:21 AM

Name: Gazza
On that note is there certain days u update more cars?? I keep a eye on impalas most been on there for a while... I guess most be inspected already.
Old 19-11-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 480OBZ View Post
On that note is there certain days u update more cars?? I keep a eye on impalas most been on there for a while... I guess most be inspected already.
Gazza, the best way to do it if it is serious would be to complete a Wanted form and we will specifically search for vehicles for you. Otherwise it is random, some days bikes may be added, some days it could be boats etc. Usually there are a minimum of 60 vehicles added to the site per day.
Old 26-11-2012, 06:44 AM

Stupid question time. I've spotted a car on a forum for sale and I'm wondering what the rough average to inspect, and ship to Australia (Melbourne) would be? I haven't followed this any further (last car I bought sight unseen, based on an inspection report from Qld was a disaster), however I believe that it's located in Binghamton NY. Its a CBody Mopar ('70 Fury) and the asking price is US$5900. Any ideas of the total costs landed here would be? Again, apologies but this is the first I've thought of this and the seller is eager to unload before winter so they don't have to store it ..
Old 29-11-2012, 08:52 PM

Not sure what is happening with PM's OzJavelin the one yesterday wasn't in my sent box and I just replied again and can't see it in there again! I will send you a new one.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 AM

Been too busy to update this thread - almost 70 containers since the last update!

1949 Buick to FRE

1949 Mercury to SYD

1956 Buick "2 Door" Wagon (Custom) to BRI

1956 Ford F100 Pickup to MEL

1956 GMC Pickup to SYD

1957 Chevy to BRI

1964 Impala SS to FRE

1965 Galaxie to BRI

1967 Camaro RS to FRE

1967 Impala to MEL

Another 1967 Impala to FRE

I will try and get in here and update this more often, we have LOTS more to post!