Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 29-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Name: Peter
New red plate rules in Vic

Changes to the red plates scheme will be implemented on Jan 31 2015.
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/
limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/
changes-to-the-club-permit-scheme-from-31-
january-2015

RWC will be required for all new permits for cars after built after 1949
3 new categories for allowable modifications will come in for pre 1969 cars

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 29-01-2015, 10:49 AM

Name: Disco
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...1-january-2015
Old 29-01-2015, 11:36 AM

Name: Peter
Thanks Ben
Old 29-01-2015, 03:04 PM

Name: Roger
Appears to be another case of those abusing the system have made it more difficult for those who used it honestly and within it's intentions

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
72 C10 SWB Stepside old skool 350
70 Camaro RS LS3 6 speed
Old 29-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Name: Steve
That's exactly why the stricter rules..
Either way, my BLKOUT plates might be up for sale.. To hell with $750 p/a for a car that sits.

Last edited by BlackoutSteve; 29-01-2015 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: always a ****ing typo
Old 29-01-2015, 04:23 PM

Name: Ben
I can just see the folks at Vicroads this week flat out with new applicants to the CPS .

It will make it hard for fresh imports built after 1968, With no prior Aust rego, requires VASS then Rwc.
Old 29-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Name: Pete
Vicroads have been that flat out, they ran out of H plates and log books yesterday.

1 Month wait for plates apparently.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 09-02-2015, 07:27 AM

Name: chev_1973
This was only a matter of time.

In last 12 months I've seen so many old "average" cars on club plates that
didn't even look to be roadworthy.

Since these new rules came into effect I will have to get RWC and VASS for my car.

This really doesn't bother me as the car will be in excellent condition and I will be very careful which club to join.

Most likely a club with only a few members,where everybody has mint cars.

What will happen with all these dodgy ones, once the cops start pulling them the whole club will come under a magnifying glass.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:42 AM

There are a lot regular old cars out there now with club plates and quite frankly, if they get a proper RWC, fill out their log books and are in a relevant club, I say good on them.
It's a club-car scheme, not a classic-car scheme.
If you're passionate about old Mazda vans, or early Toyota Camrys, what's the difference?
Even if you're not passionate about these cars at all, but simply want to avoid the registration rip-off of hardly driving your old car and you follow the rules, what's the difference?

If the issue is roadworthyness, I doubt fully registered cars are so squeaky clean in comparison just because they're fully registered, and they are doing a lot more miles in that condition..
Old 09-02-2015, 07:53 AM

Name: chev_1973
The problem here is that there are a lot cars issued with club plates out there
that shouldn't be.

This is creating a problem for all other honest users of this scheme.

I personally know of people that got these plates by paying few hundred bucks
without the club even seeing the car, let alone a RWC etc

I also know of Vic roads cracking down on some clubs and shutting them down and those same people that got their club plates cancelled, paying money to get accepted into a another club.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:47 AM

When i got my Club plates. My car went through a RWC, they took photos and where very particular with some items. Gave me a list of issues that i needed to get replaced or repaired and once it was done they went through it again and done got my plates.

Do I need a VASS certificate now?

Our Father which art in heaven, Thanks you for our V8
Keep our muscle cars safe, from rust and overheating, And forgive those who drive hybrid cars, As we forgive those who drive Asian cars, And lead us not into vanity, But deliver us from collisions, For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.
Amen.

Last edited by chevL; 09-02-2015 at 11:55 AM..
Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
There are a lot regular old cars out there now with club plates and quite frankly, if they get a proper RWC, fill out their log books and are in a relevant club, I say good on them.
It's a club-car scheme, not a classic-car scheme.
If you're passionate about old Mazda vans, or early Toyota Camrys, what's the difference?
Even if you're not passionate about these cars at all, but simply want to avoid the registration rip-off of hardly driving your old car and you follow the rules, what's the difference?

If the issue is roadworthyness, I doubt fully registered cars are so squeaky clean in comparison just because they're fully registered, and they are doing a lot more miles in that condition..
On this scheme who does the initial roadworthiness check and do you have to have annual checks by a 3rd party or is it a "Club" check?
Do you fill out a log book?
Do you get cheaper rego?

BTW....Camry's......is anybody passionate about a Camry of any age.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Prior to the 31st of Jan 15, a technical officer of sorts in a car club would physically look over the car and deem it roadworthy, or not. If the club didn't have a somebody qualified (I'm not really sure what the actual required qualification was), then a regular RWC would need to be obtained through accredited business'.
If a club car was not within the law roadworthy-wise, then in the eyes of the law, this meant the club was somehow responsible for "passing it" or allowing it to remain registered (by continuing to sign for it etc).
If the owner of the vehicle failed to repay his/her membership, then the club was to advise VicRoads that the vehicle was no longer part of that club and could be then considered unroadworthy I assume -unless rejoined elsewhere. I'm pretty sure this part of the law hasn't changed.

Post 31st Jan 15, as a direct result of all the "shifties", all vehicles require a full RWC just like any other vehicle and as far as I am aware, the club is no longer responsible for any unroadworthyness.
To me, this is the way it should have been from the start.

Yes, a log book must be filled out and unlike club reg of some years ago, you are allowed freedom of where you drive. Previously it was just to and from mechanics or advertised club related car events.
If you fail to fill out the log book and get picked up by the police, you are considered unroadworthy and the fine is about $800. You are also uninsured by TAC if you fail to fill out the log book.

Not sure of actual prices but choice of 45 or 90 days per year. 90 is ~$130 and 45 day about 1/2 that.
Full reg is now over $750 p/a, so you can see why many people are jumping at this club reg scheme.

Is this club reg car a Camry? Anyway, I'm sure it's just to save money as a car enthusiast who is enthusiastic about Camrys can not be a car enthusiast..

Last edited by BlackoutSteve; 09-02-2015 at 08:09 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 08:26 PM

Name: Disco
isn't that a Honda Accord Exi?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:37 PM

Maybe. I'm deliberately naive to that crap.
Same sh!t, different bucket..