Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
whitey27's Avatar
whitey27 whitey27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 838
Name: Peter
No wonder you're kids ended up with hair lips, sucking on those puppies
Reply With Quote


Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
  #32  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Ranga350's Avatar
Ranga350 Ranga350 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melb Vic
Posts: 1,147
Name: Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
No updates today, I have to shave

[IMG]
Please dont ever do that again....i damn near chucked !!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 14-11-2013, 07:11 AM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 4,048
Name: Jim
Update.......how do they look now









































































__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 15-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Daynesy's Avatar
Daynesy Daynesy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 153
Name: Chris
Tassels are needed for those nips mate...

On another note... why bother with welsh plugs, when a roll of gaffer tape is so cheap and plentiful... you could even throw the remainder of the roll on eBay for 0.99c + $30 shipping!

Food for thought!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 15-11-2013, 06:00 PM
BLU367's Avatar
BLU367 BLU367 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,432
Name: Ash
Have you made a decision on the plugs buddy? I know it can be a long arduous process...... Maybe consult a few more people, the barber? A baker perhap? You know, all the experts.
__________________
Yup........ I own me a muscle caw.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 15-11-2013, 06:54 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 4,048
Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU367 View Post
Have you made a decision on the plugs buddy? I know it can be a long arduous process...... Maybe consult a few more people, the barber? A baker perhap? You know, all the experts.
Well Ash, I have been looking into it but have been busy with other things I sort of feel like all the local big brains have been exhausted, so I may have to take my quest for intel offshore
Maybe I'll touch base with Reher-Morrison and send them a 200 page SA on my thoughts on the subject, and what I've turbonano narrowed it down to.
__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 15-11-2013, 09:42 PM
BLU367's Avatar
BLU367 BLU367 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,432
Name: Ash
You are starting to sound more like an engineer every day Jim.
__________________
Yup........ I own me a muscle caw.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-05-2014, 09:39 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 4,048
Name: Jim
Welsh plugs are doing my head in.......so many to choose from, so much intel, so many big brains trying to help me out

But I did have a win today.........got a sticker in the mail........my son was extremely happy, he loves stickers

__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Nev68's Avatar
Nev68 Nev68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 6,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Welsh plugs are doing my head in.......so many to choose from, so much intel, so many big brains trying to help me out

But I did have a win today.........got a sticker in the mail........my son was extremely happy, he loves stickers

You should fit that sticker to the Father / son project you have for sale, it's bound to add to the value.
__________________
Nev

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:20 PM
BIG 63's Avatar
BIG 63 BIG 63 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: S/E Melbourne
Posts: 191
Name: Andy
Jim , with your vast knowledge of the BBC engine , I thought you may have thought outside the square a little. Yep its all cool to have brass or Steel plugs ,but have you thought of wheel bearing caps. I did a quick measure and yep HQ Holden are the same size. So no mods to fit . Now think of the extra cooling capacity . I do hope I haven't made your decision making any harder Cheers Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00180.jpg (157 Bytes, 132 views)
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
rodent's Avatar
rodent rodent is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunbury
Posts: 4,048
Name: Jim
It's been a while.........so I'll give you tech thirsty guys a taste of what's cooking in the rodents kitchen

I've backed away from posting on the engine build as it's probably over you's guys heads.......so I'll get you up to speed with what's rocking now

I'm building a killer tow bar for the Chariot.....This is where I'm at now....Lookin the goods yeah?

Any input is welcomed(but i may not act on your input as you're probably not as smart as me)



---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG 63 View Post
Jim , with your vast knowledge of the BBC engine , I thought you may have thought outside the square a little. Yep its all cool to have brass or Steel plugs ,but have you thought of wheel bearing caps. I did a quick measure and yep HQ Holden are the same size. So no mods to fit . Now think of the extra cooling capacity . I do hope I haven't made your decision making any harder Cheers Andy
It's been a while Andy and i may have glossed over your post


I have been doing some homework though......do you think i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone with these little gems?


Rust and sealing issues?

__________________
An unbreakable toy, is useful for breaking other toys.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
BLU367's Avatar
BLU367 BLU367 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,432
Name: Ash
A feat of engineering excellence.

Don't rush it though, you know these things are like a steering conversion, should take around 7 years.
__________________
Yup........ I own me a muscle caw.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 AM
cluxford's Avatar
cluxford cluxford is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5,032
Name: Chris
Gees Jim, what are you planning to tow, the space shuttle ? Those bolts are massive and galvanised....over done much ?

Coulda got away with some self tapers would have been fine
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Nev68's Avatar
Nev68 Nev68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 6,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
It's been a while.........so I'll give you tech thirsty guys a taste of what's cooking in the rodents kitchen

I've backed away from posting on the engine build as it's probably over you's guys heads.......so I'll get you up to speed with what's rocking now

I'm building a killer tow bar for the Chariot.....This is where I'm at now....Lookin the goods yeah?

Any input is welcomed(but i may not act on your input as you're probably not as smart as me)

[COLOR="Silver"]
Jim,
looks like you are using pine on the tow set up, a hardwood like Aussie Oak could be a better option for a tow bar.
__________________
Nev

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-11-2014, 10:06 AM
skyper's Avatar
skyper skyper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lismore NSW
Posts: 3,898
Name: Allan
Sorry way above my head....im not good with Hi Tec things
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger