Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Panel Shops - Melbourne

Hi Guys,

So.....I am looking for some current references for good body shops. They must be ok with a little rust work and taking on smaller jobs.

I have previously used Motorvation is bayswater - they are great, but have some staffing issues and more work than they can handle. Booked out for the foreseeable future. My work will be more of a clean-up and maintenance job, not a full re-spray, so appreciate they might be holding out for the larger jobs as well.

I did try another shop to get my floor done last year, and was pretty much held to ransom while he screwed me around for months. He then changed his shop rate on me, essentially said I was lying about what he quoted me. Total BS. Was a really, really bad experience for me. Just glad to get my car back in the end.

So....I need someone I can TRUST. I am a reasonable guy and do not mind paying for good work and skills, but I am just sick of getting ripped off by opportunistic and mercenary pricks.

Are there any good, legit and honest people left out there in the panel and paint game that are not reserving shop space for the big jobs only?

I live in Ringwood VIC, so ideally a place in the East or South East pleeeeease!

Thanks!
Shan

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 28-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Name: Chris
I strongly recommend Stylerod in Kilsyth. Pete did my car and did an outstanding job. But I know a few on here have not had the same great experience I did. But Pete lives for old cars and his shop does nothing but that, tell him I sent you his way
Old 29-05-2019, 05:36 AM

Name: Jim
^^^Based on work I've seen, I wouldn't be taking my car there.
Old 29-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Some mixed reviews I see??

I might wait to see if anyone else is willing to contribute.

I am thinking I may even travel to get to the right shop. Been thinking a regional shop might potentially be more cost effective anyway.......so if there are other suggestions that are NOT based on my side of town (or not even in metro melb for that matter) - I am open to hear them.

Thanks!
Old 30-05-2019, 07:36 PM

Name: Ben
Very hard to find decent trades people still in the trade these days.

If your in Ringwood -TPS Tankards Panel Service?-do a few burnout car repaints.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:08 PM

Name: Peter
Hey Shan
Ive had my Nova done at Motorvation, they did a magnificent job and i couldn't recommend them high enough.

But.... if you feel they're not for you, try Rod in the shop next door - Reflections. His work is sensational, he works mostly by himself so not sure how he deals with "repairs" as compared to full resto's.
Either way, give him a call, tell him i sent you, he's a top bloke.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Hey Shan
Ive had my Nova done at Motorvation, they did a magnificent job and i couldn't recommend them high enough.

But.... if you feel they're not for you, try Rod in the shop next door - Reflections. His work is sensational, he works mostly by himself so not sure how he deals with "repairs" as compared to full resto's.
Either way, give him a call, tell him i sent you, he's a top bloke.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:59 AM

Naaa - I like Motorvation. No issue with the work they do.

I have been chasing them for months for a time to commit to my job and they push it back. I understand though - probably better jobs than mine available to them. They also said staffing issues were an problem atm.

I can't keep waiting though - so I'll find someone else.

I'll be candid - I have had issues going to a "solo" shop before. The "one man" shows can sometimes mean your job is bounced for cashies and whatever other "quick" job they need to pay the next months bills.

Not saying your guy is like that at all (he may be one of the good one's), but yeah - promised myself I would not leave my car at a "one man" shop again.

Was lucky to get my car back at the last one....

Very grateful for your recommendation though!!!