Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Name: Jay
SpeedTech 73 Camaro

Well the weather is getting cold and crappy here so time to move into the shop and take my perfectly good Camaro to pieces and give it the Pro-Touring treatment. So from a running driving car to being a shell on the Rotissary took us a 4 hours. The factory 350 4 speed and 10 bolt have gone in the dumpster and are making way for a 6.0LS Stroker TKO and 9". I will be running 18x10 fronts and 18x12 rears with 285/335 tires. We will also be developing our Torque Arm rear suspension for the second Gen's and our Track Time front package. Front and rear will be getting the new RideTech triple adjustable coilovers with remote resevoir's. The interior will get some attension with Recaro's and a RideTech Tiger Cage.
This week will start on some rust repair on the floors and then the mini tubs so stay tuned and I will keep the updates coming.
http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...y_Weir/Camaro/

Last edited by SpeedTechJay; 01-11-2011 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Add pics

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM

must be good to have all the right equipment available to use..

me , i got a single car garage with a few tools.

a fun project Jay , keep us all updated
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTechJay View Post
The factory 350 4 speed and 10 bolt have gone in the dumpster
Do you want to fish them back out and send them to me?

Looks like a pretty solid and straight car. Was it hard to come by in B.C.? Will speedtech be doing any features on it in any of the mags? I'm subscribing.

Last edited by 71RS; 01-11-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 02:51 PM

SpeedTech 73 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-69Z View Post
must be good to have all the right equipment available to use..

me , i got a single car garage with a few tools.

a fun project Jay , keep us all updated
Gav you have done an awesome job on your car and I think it always more rewarding to know that you have done it without all the tools and equipment.
I would be doing this one at home in my garage but my other project (Maverick) is there also in a million bits and on the other Rotissary LOL

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS View Post

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Do you want to fish them back out and send them to me?

Looks like a pretty solid and straight car. Was it hard to come by in B.C.? Will speedtech be doing any features on it in any of the mags? I'm subscribing.
Most of what went in the bin belonged there! Funny though I left all the front suspension and the 3.73 posi complete rear end with leafs attached outside the shop over night and it was all gone the next morning lol, I was hoping to get at least a few bucks for it! There are a few of these around B.C and I did buy this one locally. It did originally come from Washington state just across the fence.Yes it will be featured in the Magazines as we are using it to develop the Torque Arm rear suspension for the 2nd gens with my car.
I am starting on the Mini Tubs tomorrow night so will keep the updates coming.

Jay
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Name: Eric
Sweet project Jay!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Name: RUSS
Lookin good Jay....second gens are cool too
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 AM

Updates

Well I got busy last night and made some 335 size holes! Hope to get the tubs in on Saturday so I can build a rear end and order my wheels. Then it will be onto some rust repair on the floors and getting ready for the Torque Arm install.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 AM

hookin' in there Jay ! was that piece of frame rusty that is removed or is that part of the tourqe arm install?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-69Z View Post
hookin' in there Jay ! was that piece of frame rusty that is removed or is that part of the tourqe arm install?
That cut out will be a plated back in to make a clearence for the lower links on the Torque Arm
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 AM

This is gonna be good.
Thanks for sharing the build up Jay.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 28-01-2012, 07:53 AM

SpeedTech 73 Update

Ok it been a bit since the last update because I was laying around in the Sun shine in Perth over Xmas. Now back to the cold and snow so happy to be in the workshop and working on my car. So here's a progress report, after dinging a door on the Rotisary and then having a Sub-frame fall on the other door it was an excuse to say let repaint the whole car! And lets change the color! As you can see from the BEFORE pictures the car looked pretty good so we though a quick sand and re-spray Ha Ha AH. Seeing it was already stripped I decided the day before I went to Australia to have it media blasted. On return from Australia the once shiny red Camaro is junk under all the paint and BOG! lol bondo. This has slowed up the process a bit but I have all new sheet metal now ready to install. Replacing the front fenders, door skins, rear 1/4's, tail light panel, trunk filller, bonnet, and the lower front valance, and complete floor. So I got to get back out in the shop and get busy but will keep the updates coming.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Name: RUSS
Nice panel laps!!
At least they welded them on, fully.
Seen worse, some guys think pop rivet are structural.
Keep em comin Jay.
Old 28-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Name: Greg
Nice Jay,

Glad you have kept busy since you got back from holidays, It was good to catch up while you where here.

Greg
Old 29-01-2012, 11:59 AM

Name: Luke
Someones got some work to do hey. Can't wait to see some paint going down. Hope you dont drop something on the motor, might end up with twin turbos on it haha
Old 30-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonner View Post
Nice Jay,

Glad you have kept busy since you got back from holidays, It was good to catch up while you where here.

Greg
Great to see you to Greg. Busy is an understatement, I think you can see my car wont be ready for the RTTC in March so we are taking the Nova again. We are adding Ridetech triple adjustsables and a Nitrous kit for some added giggles.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 HQ View Post
Someones got some work to do hey. Can't wait to see some paint going down. Hope you dont drop something on the motor, might end up with twin turbos on it haha
I think this one will stay old school 600+ N/A I will keep the turbos for the Maverick!