Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 AM

Name: Frank
Arrow 1969 Camaro SS350

In light of some of the response posts to this car, I'm taking it off. Thanks to Ash for the heads up; our own experience with the dealer in question has been positive, but it's understandable and appreciable that people are looking out for one another here at USMuscle.

Cheers,

Frank

Last edited by CruizCalifornia; 07-02-2013 at 10:09 AM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM

Name: Steve
How do you know it's an SS?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Name: Allan
well its absolutly genuine looking on the outside, but of course that means nothing till checked
Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Name: shane
I know someone who has seen this car in person, buyer beware
Old 05-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Name: Ash
yeah Shane.....I recognise that green shed as a place that time and again has been warned about.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 AM

Name: Frank
“Buyer Beware” That of course goes without saying, no matter what you are buying. We always recommend any buyer take advantage of a third party inspection on any item they are considering purchasing before parting with any cash, either through a completely independent third party company of our recommendation or that of their own selection. In fact, it is a prerequisite of us marketing a vehicle or vessel on behalf of a seller that they agree to make the item available for any level of inspection requested by a client.

Now the last thing we want is to have our good trading name brought into question with anything we are actively marketing on behalf of a seller, no matter what it is, and it does sound like some people have some reason for concern with this car and/or this seller themselves.

While we will be speaking to the seller about supplying evidence of this being a genuine car, we would appreciate anyone with any personal experience with this particular car or in dealing with this particular seller, inform us of that experience asap, so we in turn can then take any required action.

Once again, this seller is contracting us to market multiple vehicles internationally, so any negative feedback from anyone who has personal experience of him, his vehicles or his business practices, please share that with us as we are currently not aware of any issues with either ourselves.

Marc

Cruizcalifornia

07 3409 5185
Old 06-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Name: Steve
From the limited detail in the available pictures, there is one item, quite original looking, that shows that it is not an SS350 or even an LM1/350. In fact, the 02B build code also means it can't be an LM1 either.

X11 is what Norwood used for every L6, SBC and even some COPOs. I have read where people have thought X11 was an X-code just for SS350.

Does it have the original matching numbers engine and/or Protect-o-plate? If not, there is practically no way of telling it's an SS -even if it is one. Many people skoff at matching numbers but that's the real proof.

One pic looked like it may have had a mono leaf but was too blurry to tell for sure..? Should be multi and 12 Bolt. Very rare was multi & 10 bolt..

Last edited by BlackoutSteve; 06-02-2013 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: clarifying
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Name: Ian
Frank not all SS350 cars came with multi leaf and 12 bolt diffs
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM

Name: Ash
Guys. Frank has been pm'ing me about this and I led him to at least one thread that has negative comments about that green shed.

All said and done, Frank seemed very genuine with his dealing with me, I tried to explain that we aussies will look out for eachother when we are stung.

Anyway, Frank, all the best mate, you seem like a good bloke.

Ash.