Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2014, 08:12 AM

Name: Jax
I hope import #2 is a lot more smoother than this one, May need your advice prior to purchase!

Last edited by ELC0; 15-10-2014 at 10:35 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:09 AM

Name: Frank
Jax,

The link you posted and any reference to ADRs and a plate is for imported 1989 cars and newer. Does not apply to your Ekly.

You should be good.

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 15-10-2014, 10:28 PM

Thanks Frank. I wish I jumped on here prior to jumping in with a blindfold. Can't do much but just go with it hey!
Every time I call vic roads I get another turkey confused with the documents needed. The last call didn't mention a VASS on the documents to bring in... Wish me luck keep you posted!
Old 18-10-2014, 03:53 PM

Did you get the NEVDIS situation sorted out? If not I can assist as I have dealt with them several times.
Old 25-10-2014, 01:31 PM

Hey Guys, just a update for you all. went to vic roads yesterday for registration. got 98% through then the guy asked his colleague and came back saying I need the VASS! was so close bugger!
As for the dips-hit i bought the car off he has wiped his hands saying i got a very good deal. pigs ass he has just informed the advert stated new crate motor only did 4000kms it has a vic police stamp on it, found some awesome blokes in s/e melbourne to work on the motor.
so far another $1300 odd has been spent in repairs to this so called 'new crate motor'
we are still investigating a few oil leaks.
Any advice on legally where i stand with a deceptive/fraud advertisement is appreciated. as the car was bought on the conditions it was compliant & in a roadworthy order it is far from it!
Lets see how week 6 goes getting the beautiful beast to rise from the ashes!

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
I have been through the VASS certificates a few times, its pretty basic, most of it is covered again by a roadworthy anyway.

Its piss easy, don't panic.

Hey PGM,
I'm doing what i can to make it compliant with VASS.
Do the indicators need to be orange? Can i use amber lens paint?
laugh if you like its all a learning curb for me!!!
as far as I'm aware the seat belts are compliant with ADR 3rd edition, the have a retractor, lap & sash. is this correct from what i have understood on the DOTORS site?

My funds are starting to run low for the vehicle so anything i can chop out with myself is a bonus.

I have been quoted $800 for the VASS Certificate is that standard? seems a lot for a piece of paper & a number though.

Im actually thinking this will be my first & last import with the new rules coming in 2016.

The car has not been converted. I have the swing of driving LHD & love it!!!
Old 25-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Name: Chris
What are the rule changes in 2016?
Old 25-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Name: Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC0 View Post

Hey PGM,
I'm doing what i can to make it compliant with VASS.
Do the indicators need to be orange? Can i use amber lens paint?
laugh if you like its all a learning curb for me!!!
as far as I'm aware the seat belts are compliant with ADR 3rd edition, the have a retractor, lap & sash. is this correct from what i have understood on the DOTORS site?

My funds are starting to run low for the vehicle so anything i can chop out with myself is a bonus.

I have been quoted $800 for the VASS Certificate is that standard? seems a lot for a piece of paper & a number though.
Ring Jeremy Banks on 9589 3065 and discuss your requirements with him. He is a very good and very experienced engineer, and I couldn't recommend him more.

You need to understand that what the engineer does is not "Just a piece of paper and a number". This guy is certifying the vehicle is safe and complies with all relevant requirements and he is putting his name to it, there will be noise tests, brake tests, and all sorts of things.

As for the seatbelts, I had to fit ones with ADR compliant tags.

The yellow front indicators came in somewhere in 1971, so depends on your vehicle.

My advice, ring Jeremy, go show him your car, (He Is in Beaumaris) and he will tell you what you need to do, and I wouldn't spend a cent more until you do.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 26-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Thanks PGM.
All these things were mentioned prior to sale. �� I will call Jeremy in the morning to find out where I go from here. Thanks once again for your help. ��
Old 28-10-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
What are the rule changes in 2016?
From my understanding the "m" modified plate will be introduced. This may be a grey area for conversions.
A vass will be required for club permits.... The more information I get I will post for you.

Wow this is a big learning experience so much for thinking it was basic to get a imported vehicle on the road.
The bloke I bought the car from is a shonky saying I got a great car good value for money.! I won't disclose his details but I'm sure his ego will be bought right back down ;-)
Old 28-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Name: Pete
It actually is really easy, as long as you know the Regs and go in prepared.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 28-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
It actually is really easy, as long as you know the Regs and go in prepared.
Thanks for Jeremy's contact PGM. He sounds like a genuine guy I called him yesterday. He told me what's needed for my particular vehicle. Not a lot really - I'm having a good old laugh at myself!
Just needed seatbelts & to modify rear lights
Got seatbelts now to find a donor light as Jeremy put it I'm on to that part now.

Thanks for all you help and advice the beer is on me :-)
I'd be lost if I didn't join this forum and ask silly questions as they don't seem so silly after all!

As for the "new motor" I burnt out a lead on a extractor out the front of a workshop and the blokes are all over the oil leaks in this so called new motor with a **** load of missing parts... Another thing to rectify prior to taking Elco to visit Jeremy.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAtoAUS View Post
Did you get the NEVDIS situation sorted out? If not I can assist as I have dealt with them several times.
Hi there!
Yes I got it sorted. Looking on your site I wish I saw it prior to jumping into this sale however I will keep you in mind with import number two. My hubby and I were eyeing off a few and you're not far away ;-)