Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM

My choice would be a 1967 2 door Chevelle in black (not the Malibu tho), it`s the same body as the 1967 Pontiac GTO & 1967 Buick Skylark which are both really nice cars too but for me the Chevelle looks hot from the front and the back whereas the other 2 in my opinion aren`t as nice at the back.

Last edited by Jynx; 04-06-2013 at 10:10 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
After doing a little research with these things in mind, I've narrowed down the list:
. The little Duster looks quite nice and it's pretty easy to find good examples on the net. Don't know much about Mopars though
. The Nova is a car I'm quite familiar with because of some of the amazing examples on the global drag scene
. A Buick Skylark is significantly cheaper than it's A body counterparts, thanks for that Maurauder.
. Ford Torinos are very large but I've always had a soft sport for them

What are people's opinions of these cars?

Also, this is going to sound stupid, but why don't more people import cars into Australia? Even including shipping, most of the quotes I'm getting are 10g+ cheaper than their Australian counterparts. I know that it's a hassle and a gamble to get everything compliant. I know hidden costs abound,but it's still amazing how cheap you can get these cars via import, especially if you're building a track car
A clone 1970 Torino 429 SCJ in Competition Orange sounds like a great combo.

If you were looking for small with a big engine you could venture into the 70's and look at a Ford Maverick, you don't see too many of those about.

Or a 60's Nova as mentioned.

What about something different like a ute (Ranchero or El Camino) or a wagon?

So many choices, so little time and money....

There are plenty of people importing, we broke all records last month for number of cars booked to ship. More than 1 per day. We are well on track for shipping more than 80 containers this year. Just make sure you get an inspection!

Last edited by USAtoAUS; 04-06-2013 at 11:36 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 AM

Name: Mark
For the past two years i have had the same dilema and as you would expect from the king of procrastination ended where I started. So recently found a reasonable 66GTO that I am in the processd of importing (sea bound as we speak) The car should make it through the registration process without any problem so I am hoping it will be a driver from the start. Like you I wanted something where bits were not going to be to hard to find, like already said GM A Body was an easy choice. Everything else was purely personal preference.