Go Back   US MUSCLE Regional Events Victoria
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Name: Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
Chrome bumper is good, but what about the late model Mustangs, for example?
I can see each venue seeing a gathering of alternative crowds and plastic bumpers on "non official" Saturdays.
Also, is the odd month that has 5 Saturdays.., is the 5th a night off?
what about Corvettes? painted plastic bumpers since 1974 ?

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:48 PM

Name: Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausmonza View Post
what about corvettes? Painted plastic bumpers since 1974 ?
'73(front)
Old 08-02-2017, 05:10 PM

Name: Rowan
Great news Pete, you have done a heap of work and developed what became too successful, look forward to what's the next chapter of snl. Myself and the kids will be supporting it.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Name: Disco
is Spooner on a rampage again?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM

Name: Jim
Congrats on the hard work trying to keep the event alive and kicking Pete.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bubanator View Post
'73(front)
that is why I never said 73 it still has one chrome bumper so theoretically it can reverse in
Old 09-02-2017, 08:56 PM

Name: Vic
Great news Pete. So glad it will work out in the end. Look forward to hearing when and where soon.

I love PRIUS drivers, they are saving all that petrol for me to use in my V8's :
Old 10-02-2017, 02:04 PM

I've never been at SNL ,but would love to attend something similar in near future, hopefully.

My only worry was that to many lowered VS Holden's will attend and spoil the feel of it.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Name: Chris
Penlink. on a good night 300 cars there, last week 700. For those with nowhere to go looks like quite a few headed there last Sat night. I plan to go this sat night
Old 11-02-2017, 01:10 AM

Name: Pete
I went to a Burger joint in Westall last Sat night with some good mates, it was a good time out for me.

On the way back to my car hole, I was passed by a pack of about 25-30 Commodores heading to Penlink.

Penlink is going to get out of hand real quick, and the fact that the organisers are saying we support the CFA, they wont do anything to us, holds no water.

After SNL was shut down in December, I was contacted a few days later by a Sgt from Knox Hwy Patrol and told... and I quote... "Carry on, business as usual, the other Sgt had no right to shut you down, it comes under the peaceful protest regs"

I still believe to this day we were targeted (just like knox cruise night was recently) and the parking on the on/offramps is just the excuse they needed. I believe, that an officer stationed on the on/offramp writing out tickets, would have had the problem sorted in record time, and earning a tidy income for his overlords.

So do they close down Chadstone shopping center on Christmas Eve? its Gridlock.

A Sgt from Sommerville Highway patrol is quoted as saying "He is waiting for it to get out of hand, and its only a matter of when, not if..."

We NEVER put pics up of modern Commodores or Falcons on the SNL page, and never encouraged them, my advice to the guys running Penlink stop putting pics of Tupperware cars up....

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Oh, I have a meeting on Monday, and should have some news after that.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 AM

Name: Chris
Great insight Pete, I've been to Penlink a few times (so much closer for me) and there are usually less than 10 commodores. That may have changed now with what happened to Eastlink.

I think you are right on SNL and the 1 copper. That happened to Lets Go Cruising down here a few years ago, 1 guy on a mission. Took quite some time working through the ranks to have him told to back off but they achieved it
Old 11-02-2017, 09:42 AM

Name: Mick
Looking forward to the next stage of SNL, virtually been going every Sat night for the last 2-3 yrs, cheers to you Pete and all those involved for your efforts, Lou also for the great pics, sorry if I've forgotten anyone.
Might be an opportunity for some upgrades on the Camaro till the next SNL.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
...and the parking on the on/offramps is just the excuse they needed. I believe, that an officer stationed on the on/offramp writing out tickets, would have had the problem sorted in record time, and earning a tidy income for his overlords.
Parking on the on/off ramps is pretty silly though. If I were a cop (perish the thought) I too would be acting on them there as well as if they were parking that way at Chadstone.

In all honesty, there is simply not enough room at that BP. On busy nights, near (or more than) 1/2 the cars there are parked where they shouldn't be.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:18 AM

Name: Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post

[/COLOR]Oh, I have a meeting on Monday, and should have some news after that.

Really glad to hear Pete. Waiting anxiously!

I love PRIUS drivers, they are saving all that petrol for me to use in my V8's :
Old 12-02-2017, 05:17 PM

Name: Darren
Might not work here, but I went to one in the states where the hot rods and steel bumpers came down in the afternoon and the late model stuff came in the evening so there was a bit of a cross over that meant that the numbers didn't get out of hand. Show was put on buy the local McDonalds and had been running for 20+ years. That sort of thing obviously brings in a lot of business to the local food outlets.