Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Name: Glen
Send a message via Skype™ to giocattolo03
Nelson racing engines "warning"

Hey guys,
New to this site however have joined and I am posting this to hopefully stop anyone else going through the misery that I have had in the last 2 and a half years.
In September 2012 I ordered from Nelson Racing Engines a 575 twin turbo Hemi for my 70 Challenger. I was quoted $55,750 US and promptly paid in full by Feb 2013. Following numerous promised and missed deadlines for delivery by NRE I cancelled my order 30 Sept 13 and requested a refund of my $55,750 from Tom, this was refused and to date I have no refund and no engine package.
On 12 January 2015 I attended Superior Court of California where I was awarded a judgement against NRE/Tom Nelson, Larry Lewis (Sales Rep) and Nelson Racing Enterprises (Tom's alter ego) To this day the judgement remains unsatisfied and I now have legal council in the US chasing satisfaction.

I have spent in excess of $240K to get to this point and wasted two and a half years of my life and build time, anyone considering using NRE/Tom please BEWARE he is a lying thieving untrustable scumbag that will take your money and deliver NOTHING.
I am not the only one and should you want others in the same situation please message me and not only will I supply their details I will happily supply a copy of the unsatisfied judgement but a copy of the court summary.

Be careful who you give your hard earned $$$

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 24-02-2015, 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I cannot believe you have paid (and were asked) for payment up front.
Is it normal to pay in full before being advised the engine is ready?

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 24-02-2015, 05:25 PM

Name: Stoney
Did the court judgement award all of your costs, in spending $240k to recover $55k? Or was it just the original payment? I know a lot of high-end custom builds require some degree of payment up front, but (not that it helps you) usually reputable builders allow you to pay an agreed amount on proof of completion of each stage of the build.
I hope it works out successfully for you.
Old 24-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Name: Greg
I hope it all works out for you Glen, Tom Nelson has a terrible reputation on delivering.
Old 24-02-2015, 06:32 PM

New member... 1 post.... first post is about legal issues, and you spent 240,000 to get 55,000 back... like what IDIOT does that?

Sorry to say but to me this smells like Troll + complete Idiot all at the same time. Your Mexican sounding name doesn't do you any favors either.
Old 24-02-2015, 06:57 PM

Name: Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
Your Mexican sounding name doesn't do you any favors either.
Um .. Glen ... Mexican ?

Giocattolo = Italian for toy ... also one of these beauties :

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 24-02-2015, 07:16 PM

Name: Stuart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS811 View Post
Did the court judgement award all of your costs, in spending $240k to recover $55k? Or was it just the original payment? I know a lot of high-end custom builds require some degree of payment up front, but (not that it helps you) usually reputable builders allow you to pay an agreed amount on proof of completion of each stage of the build.
I hope it works out successfully for you.
X2, maybe try an Australian supplier this time.
Plenty of local boys building twin turbo setups these days
Old 24-02-2015, 07:30 PM

Name: RUSS
I have heard a few sorry stories about Nelson Racing Engines too.
Problem is they are hearsay..
Old 24-02-2015, 07:45 PM

Name: Tim
A local bloke here in Mackay had plenty of dramas on an engine for his racecar/showcar.. I don't know the full story so I won't pass judgement but I do know it took a bloody long time and a couple of plane trips over to get it sorted...

SS Chevelle - The Manhattan Project

53 Chevy 150 - Lead Sled

F100 - Trophy Rat
Old 24-02-2015, 08:09 PM

lol Frank.

With a car like that and 240k stupid decision over 50,000 and only 1 post...

Sorry I don't buy it. Been on too many places where crap like this happens and its all one big troll attempt to put businesses in garbage that have nothing to do with anything.

Where is the invoice, receipts etc that shows he paid them for this Hemi... and again, why would anyone sane spend over 250,000 on a 50k misunderstanding? That is insane no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by G-man; 24-02-2015 at 08:31 PM..
Old 24-02-2015, 08:22 PM

Name: Glen
Send a message via Skype™ to giocattolo03
Hey,
To respond to some of your queries. First I am neither a troll nor a Mexican. my name is Glen Miller I own GM Homes on the Gold Coast www.gm-homes.com.au for those that want to check me out. As to the Giocattolo 03 name I previously owned Giocattolo prototype 03 of which I purchased from Brian Bolwell and campaigned that car for a few years.
Should you further wish to check me out I can be contacted directly on 0402 994 013
For those wanting copies of the Judgement please go to facebook Nelson Racing Engines Reviews where it is publicly displayed.

Some of you raised paying upfront the full amount, when spoken to by Larry Lewis the sales guy at NRE he stated the sooner I had paid the sooner I would receive my engine package ad as I have spent tens of thousands of dollars from US suppliers from AMD to Strange Engineering and more and not only received parts etc but when there where problems (Riley Motorsport) had those problems fixed promptly I did not expect any difference from NRE.

Further as to the comment spend $240k to recover $55,750. firstly I have recovered $0 and did not start out to spend that much however Tom's legal council is expert at costing large sums of money to chase his client. The reason the judgement is only $70k and has no costs or damages attached is 5 months before the court case an offer to compromise was presented as a tactical play so we would get our costs if it went to court (we banked on Tom not paying the $55,750 so he would not pay the $70k) Toms attorney accepted this the day the trial opened as it had not been withdrawn.
Make no mistake this was a tactical move on their part to limit their loss however they did not accept the $70k and give me the money. I STILL HAVE $0
So again BEWARE as I don't want anyone else to be stuck in my position.
If you want any further clarification as to this please eather message me your email and I will happily forward All information re thi or feel free to call.

Those of you who know Craig Munroe of the Commodore TRYHARD fame may further confirm the above information as he purchased an LS twin turbo and when he couldn't take Toms bull**** and promises he and a pal flew to LA and stood at NRE for three weeks until he forced the completion of his engine package then took it to the shipper himself

Barrie Adams, brother of Paul Adams (Paul Adams transmissions Geelong) has paid over $65k US and shipped the front half of his Holden to Tom and over 4 years later has nothing to show for his money.
Southern Rod & Custom in Hay NSW have a customer that took 3 years to get an engine package from NRE (572 Hemi TT) same as the package I paid for bun never received. They wont comment on NRE as the owner states he has nothing good to say.

I also have court documents for a case settled the week before mine where Ed Carter an American sued Tom/NRE and Tom settled the day before the trial.

Please feel free to confirm all of the above
Old 24-02-2015, 09:20 PM

Name: Stoney
Wouldn't be the first time someone has lawyered up to claw back something they're fairly owed, and over time the fight ends up costing way more than the original deal; once you're committed, hard to give up and walk away and the costs just spiral, especially when the proceedings take place overseas. Ask anyone who's had a bad divorce.....
Old 25-02-2015, 03:42 AM

Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by giocattolo03 View Post
Hey,
To respond to some of your queries. First I am neither a troll nor a Mexican. my name is Glen Miller I own GM Homes on the Gold Coast www.gm-homes.com.au for those that want to check me out. As to the Giocattolo 03 name I previously owned Giocattolo prototype 03 of which I purchased from Brian Bolwell and campaigned that car for a few years.
Should you further wish to check me out I can be contacted directly on 0402 994 013
For those wanting copies of the Judgement please go to facebook Nelson Racing Engines Reviews where it is publicly displayed.

Some of you raised paying upfront the full amount, when spoken to by Larry Lewis the sales guy at NRE he stated the sooner I had paid the sooner I would receive my engine package ad as I have spent tens of thousands of dollars from US suppliers from AMD to Strange Engineering and more and not only received parts etc but when there where problems (Riley Motorsport) had those problems fixed promptly I did not expect any difference from NRE.

Further as to the comment spend $240k to recover $55,750. firstly I have recovered $0 and did not start out to spend that much however Tom's legal council is expert at costing large sums of money to chase his client. The reason the judgement is only $70k and has no costs or damages attached is 5 months before the court case an offer to compromise was presented as a tactical play so we would get our costs if it went to court (we banked on Tom not paying the $55,750 so he would not pay the $70k) Toms attorney accepted this the day the trial opened as it had not been withdrawn.
Make no mistake this was a tactical move on their part to limit their loss however they did not accept the $70k and give me the money. I STILL HAVE $0
So again BEWARE as I don't want anyone else to be stuck in my position.
If you want any further clarification as to this please eather message me your email and I will happily forward All information re thi or feel free to call.

Those of you who know Craig Munroe of the Commodore TRYHARD fame may further confirm the above information as he purchased an LS twin turbo and when he couldn't take Toms bull**** and promises he and a pal flew to LA and stood at NRE for three weeks until he forced the completion of his engine package then took it to the shipper himself

Barrie Adams, brother of Paul Adams (Paul Adams transmissions Geelong) has paid over $65k US and shipped the front half of his Holden to Tom and over 4 years later has nothing to show for his money.
Southern Rod & Custom in Hay NSW have a customer that took 3 years to get an engine package from NRE (572 Hemi TT) same as the package I paid for bun never received. They wont comment on NRE as the owner states he has nothing good to say.

I also have court documents for a case settled the week before mine where Ed Carter an American sued Tom/NRE and Tom settled the day before the trial.

Please feel free to confirm all of the above
I followed your post on the other site. Good luck Glen
Old 25-02-2015, 04:33 AM

Pretty easy to know this is full of sh^t in the first 2 lines,

#1 He has 1 post
#2 Who gets a quote for $55k then just pays? (doesn't matter how rich you are), plus those type of sales would be a deposit with outstanding balance paid on completion.
#3 Who spends $240k to try and get $55k? (not a rich man cause then he wouldn't be rich with decisions like that now would he?)

doesn't take a genius!

what ever dumbass thought this story up doesn't even know how to start a decent believable lie and probably some young punkass dreamer who saw their website and realized their engines were out of his pricerange
Old 25-02-2015, 05:20 AM

Name: Frank
No idea why he brought it here, but this drama has played out over years and pages at Yellow Bullet, here. Of course as with any such situation, lots of name calling and hearsay on both sides, but it does kind of sound like Nelson has burned out lately in terms of customer service and following through on contracts.

Nelson himself is in the linked thread, so at least there's more than one side screaming about who's wrong

Frank