Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Name: Peter
VASS Engineers

People, can you please help me with this quandary ???

I'm looking for an engineer in Melbourne who has worked with anyone on this forum to get a modified car through registration, especially if it had chassis modifications or was wheel tubbed.

My engineer has pulled out on me just as i was about to start and now i'm left in the lurch!!! I contacted one guy who estimated "In Excess of $8000" to analyse my chassis mods.

Now i know there a quite a few cars around with more radical work than what i'm doing and i would like to hear about your experience with engineering and if you could recommend an engineer??

Then I'd like to see this thread turn in to an engineering thread, you guys building radical cars could let us all know what's involved and how you got your car to rego. Dispel the myths please!!

Thanks in advance.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 27-07-2013, 07:30 PM

Name: James
Well, I'm an engineer, not that that really matters.

Still I can tell you two guys not to use, due to personal experience with them; Russel Rohl and Mike Petrovski(the guy is never in aus long enough)

Currently I'm dealing with a guy called John Volkov and he seems way more reasonable than the other two, but hey I'm just doing a RHD convo, so no structural mods.

I looked into getting a VASS certification and there is only two "qualifications" that you need; being a qualified engineer(discipline doesn't matter) and "an appropriate level of automotive experience" So I'd guess you could get a lot of wankers doing it for a quick buck, eg just doing brake mods and engine upsizing, and throwing huge sums at people who have jobs that they are incapable of understanding.

Also keep in mind that these guys get the coroners inquest if your car runs off the road and turns into a pancake cos you've cut the frames. Show em proper examples of prior jobs the same as yours and they'll pass it no probs.
The opinions expressed in the above post remain the property of The Poster and are at best complete and utter bull. All references relating to the sexual preferences of individuals(living or dead) are completely coincidental. To the extent permitted by law, The Poster does not guarantee that the integrity of this post has been maintained or that the post is free of errors, virus, interception, interference or references to the size of your mothers ass.
Old 27-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Name: Allan
i need my medication again
Old 27-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Name: Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Well, I'm an engineer, not that that really matters.

Still I can tell you two guys not to use, due to personal experience with them; Russel Rohl and Mike Petrovski(the guy is never in aus long enough)

Currently I'm dealing with a guy called John Volkov and he seems way more reasonable than the other two, but hey I'm just doing a RHD convo, so no structural mods.

I looked into getting a VASS certification and there is only two "qualifications" that you need; being a qualified engineer(discipline doesn't matter) and "an appropriate level of automotive experience" So I'd guess you could get a lot of wankers doing it for a quick buck, eg just doing brake mods and engine upsizing, and throwing huge sums at people who have jobs that they are incapable of understanding.

Also keep in mind that these guys get the coroners inquest if your car runs off the road and turns into a pancake cos you've cut the frames. Show em proper examples of prior jobs the same as yours and they'll pass it no probs.

You've got the wanker part covered...........can you help out
Old 27-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Name: Frank
Hey Peter.

The guy who sold me my Mustang used this guy to certify the coil-over front end that was installed and signed off on the seat belts, headlights etc. :

Kevin Williams
KC Williams Consulting Pty Ltd
47 Butlers road
Plenty
9434 7687
0417 383 349

Not extensive mods, but he seemed thorough yet reasonable. The seller of my car was getting the paperwork together so I could register the car, so while I wasn't the actual client in this case, I was kept in the loop while thebseller was dealing with him.

Charged $700.

Good luck !

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 27-07-2013, 10:12 PM

Thanks guys, thats helpful info.

Frank, i'll give this guy a call, if he's done coil over front mods he might be the right type of guy.

Anyone else had any experience, cheers.
Old 29-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Name: Lucky Phil
Hey Pete, was talking to a few customers who we've sold front and rear ends to over the years, they recommended http://www.bonneville.com.au said he was extremely fair in pricing and service...
He might be worth a shot aswell?
Cheers phil
Old 29-07-2013, 07:28 PM

Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Nut View Post
Hey Pete, was talking to a few customers who we've sold front and rear ends to over the years, they recommended http://www.bonneville.com.au said he was extremely fair in pricing and service...
He might be worth a shot aswell?
Cheers phil
That's who I used for the 68 and will be using for the 69, very professional and a car guy as well.

Cheers Brett
Old 29-07-2013, 07:45 PM

Name: Steve
I used Chris at Ceedra Services in Keysborough..
http://www.ceedra.com.au/
Old 30-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Thanks guys, looks like there's a few good guys around.
Kinda restores your faith in humanity.
Looks like ive got lots of ringing to do, cheers.

Did any of these guys work with aftermarket suspension clips or LS engine changes?
Old 30-07-2013, 10:28 AM

Name: Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutsteve View Post
I used Chris at Ceedra Services in Keysborough..
http://www.ceedra.com.au/
This guy is good, I have consulted with him a number of times, and he is always happy to give advice without charging up front.

Australia's Mopar Community Online.

www.hemi6pack.com
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 PM

Hey Guys

I have good news !!!

Received an email from J.C Bonneville last week, he seems to be happy with the info i've sent him and i think i can see a tinge of a green light ahead ???
I was ecstatic !!!

Will be talking to him this week to make an appointment and see where we can go from there.
Fingers cross and thanks guys for your advice.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 AM

Name: Chris
That's awesome news Peter, We need more Novas on the road so the camaro guys don't pick on us

67 yellow nova 454 BB T400
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 PM

There's plenty of us around Chris, just have to convince them to get their cars out of their sheds!!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Name: Chris
That's right Peter, you should have got the rod out today and came to BP for a look. There was some great quality muscle cars and hot rods out.

67 yellow nova 454 BB T400