User Name
Password

Old 15-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Name: Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
Youíve had issues? Iím with them but never made a claim
Well where do I start.
They market themselves as Lumleys Special Vehicle insurance.

The majority of vehicles insured with them would be older cars sight unseen which have been restored or altered to some degree.
They say that they guarantee authorized repairs.y that they would do a cash settlement and I would need to pay the repairer for no guarantee of work.

Reason: They don't know what's under the paint!!

Panel beater was more than confident repair would be done to perfection.

I argued for months and finally after reporting to Consumer affairs for misrepresenting their product and then going to the financial ombudsman and then having an independent review done from within Lumley's parent company IAG ( not sure how that's independent) they finally agree to guarantee the work and pay the panel beater themselves.

As mentioned earlier on the panel beater was confident of the repair. I was confident that the panel beater would get the job done properly. The lack of guarantee was about principle more than anything else.

Nothing more than a bunch of lying thieving deceitful pricks from my eyes.

I'm swapping companies ASAP.

When crunch time occurred the assessor called to sa

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 16-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Name: Deano
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
Shannons are good right up to agreed value. My car they won't insure for anywhere near what I believe it is worth, moreover with 6 years now as built they claim it's depreciated not appreciated due to the heavy custom build...I'm currently exploring other options
Is an interesting one here, eh. Even in the last 4yrs that I've had my Camaro (& two of my bikes, but they are way overpriced for my modern Audi), the market value of our musclecars has easily increased 30%. But to try and increase the agreed value (from the original amount) you have to go down to their office and have it inspected. Not quote sure why they have this policy, but is more than a bit of a hassle.

I've not had to make a claim yet, so no comment there, but they were competitively prices and support a lot of the events we all enjoy, so happy to give them my dollar for now But.. still like to sort my agreed value. So be interested what you find Chris.
Old 17-08-2018, 11:11 PM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW454 View Post
Is an interesting one here, eh. Even in the last 4yrs that I've had my Camaro (& two of my bikes, but they are way overpriced for my modern Audi), the market value of our musclecars has easily increased 30%. But to try and increase the agreed value (from the original amount) you have to go down to their office and have it inspected. Not quote sure why they have this policy, but is more than a bit of a hassle.

I've not had to make a claim yet, so no comment there, but they were competitively prices and support a lot of the events we all enjoy, so happy to give them my dollar for now But.. still like to sort my agreed value. So be interested what you find Chris.

Well, interestingly, I'm with Shannons too. However, they have increased the value of my car every year since I've had it. I bought the car for $15K in 2002. It's been insured for use as daily transport (and I've driven it over 260,000 miles in that time) and they now value it at $28K...
Old 18-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Name: Peter
I put this question to Ryno on 13/8 via their online chat protocol ...

If a car is for sale in USA for US$25,000 and you beat the owner down to USD$20,000 then at .75 cents to the dollar exchange rate plus importing costs, that car will owe you around AUD$33,000 landed here. But if you paid the USD$25,000 asking price the car will owe you around AUD$40,000 landed here. So same car $7,000 dollars difference in cost ... how do you arrive at an insurance value?

She said they'd give me the replacement value. So I said OK, how do you arrive at a replacement value considering there's probably not another one for sale in this country, and if there was, you don't know what condition it's in.

She said an underwriter will contact you. It's now 18/8 and no contact.